• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic dinner package on dining plan???

mom2my3kids

DIS VETERAN
I see a old thread on this, but nothing new. What are the dining packages and can you book with the dining plan??

Yes, I just booked Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic show on my free dining plan.

I asked about this when I recently booked my ADR's - I was told that you can book the Fantasmic Dinner package - but you must stick to the resturants that accept the plan - this is what Allears has posted on their site, the link is below:

As of September 2, you may use the Magic Your Way Dining Plan to purchase the Fantasmic! Dinner Package!

Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano both count as one Table Service meal for the Dining Plan, while the Brown Derby counts as a Signature experience, or two Table Service meals.

When you call to make a reservation, your credit card number will be taken, but the charge won't be put through (unless you are a no-show, or do not cancel at least 48 hours before your dining date). You will pay with your Magic Your Way Dining Plan when you dine, just as you would for any meal
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/fantdin1.htm

I was told that you cannot use the free dining for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. I told the CM that we did last year at MM during the free dining in October. I already gave my credit card for MM since I booked this before the free dining was announced. I called today to ask about how this works since I have free dining this year and was told that I would have to pay for the MM fantasmic dinner and use my TS for another meal. She said we can still eat there for free, but I couldn't use the free dining for the package. Is this true? Noseybuddy said that she booked it today and it was free! Maybe I'll call back to see if I get a different answer?

disnut1149 said:
Maybe I'll call back to see if I get a different answer?

Call back. :)

Last year we ate at H&V without the FDP (it was booked before it was announced that the DP could be used, and we didn't want to change our ADR) - our server asked if we were going to Fantasmic & gave us the pass.

I did call back and the CM I spoke with said that the package is covered by the free dining. Thanks for your replys.

Can someone explain what the fantasmic dining package actually includes? I've seen many people making these reservations but I have no idea what I"m missing because I don't know what it means! Thanks!

Fantasmic Dinner Package means that you have a reservation for dinner at a restaurant that is included in this package. We did the Hollywood and Vine - it was very good!

When you are done with your dinner you receive a coupon that allows you to enter a "side" door to the Fantasmic stadium and choose a seat in the section reserved for the package people. It is all the way to the side of the stage and although people posted that every seat is a good one I am not sure that is true.

With the package you are guaranteed a seat as opposed to needing to wait on line for at least an hour before they let you in and then waiting in your seat for possibly up to another hour.

You do need to get there at the time it states on the voucher though......I think it may have been 30 minutes before showtime?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter