Fantasmic Dining

Tinkerbell19672

DIS Veteran
We have a reservation for the BB dining package next month. How early should we go to the viewing area? We aren’t ones to wait around for a long time for parades and fireworks but if we show up last minute, will our view be much worse?

I would say no later than 30 minutes before showtime. Preferably you should aim for 1 hr-45 minutes to have your choice of spots. That whole area is also very congested before Fantasmic with everyone trying to get into their spots, so you don't want to leave it til the last minute. But anywhere in the BB viewing area is good. If it is only BB in the area, then there is plenty of room to spread out. But, if it is a super crowded night and the other dining packages areas (River Belle, Hungry Bear) fill up early the CMs sometimes start sending any last-minute guests into BB, so you don't want to get stuck behind all of that!

If you aren't after a front-row spot, you could do 30 minutes before. We prefer back of the section anyways for less railing and the ability to take picture without bothering anyone behind us.

PHXscuba

If you aren't after a front-row spot, you could do 30 minutes before. We prefer back of the section anyways for less railing and the ability to take picture without bothering anyone behind us.

PHXscuba

Thanks, does everyone sit the whole show or is sitting only before show starts? Are there other sections behind you when you’re in the back of the BB section? I’ve never seen where people stand because it’s akways just a sea of people and we haven’t even tried to go near, excited to finally see Fantasmic!

Everyone in the dining package section sits. That's why they give you the cushion and why people pay extra money for it. There is really no one directly behind you. There is a wall behind the area and people (sitting?) a level above. They keep a walkway clear behind the dining package for people to leave for the bathroom.

PHXscuba

Does the hungry bear package include the cushions? I booked it but I didn’t see anything about cushions. Thank you.

Only Blue Bayou includes the cushions.
Also, when we’re talking about cushions, it’s not like you’re sitting on clouds, more like an inch of foam. I mean, it’s definitely preferable to sitting on cold concrete, and can be a nice souvenir (FYI-they easily fit in a large locker). It also makes it easier to save your spot if some people in your group are arriving after you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter