Fantasmic Dining Package Question

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
Our 60 days opened today and I plan to eat at BB at some point in the trip. I think I decided I want to just go ahead and do the Fantasmic Dining Package, but I'd like to do the 2nd show so I can do Mickey's Magic Mix the same night and then head over after. But I noticed reservations for the dining package currently only go through April 6.

Can I go ahead and book BB so we get the time we want and then convert it to a Dining Package in a week or so when the next week in April opens up? And is there a way to request the 2nd showing of Fantasmic when booking, or is it dependent on the meal time?

Lastly, will we be missing out on the advantage of having the reserved section by not getting there until 9:45-9:50 for a 10:30 show?

Our 60 days opened today and I plan to eat at BB at some point in the trip. I think I decided I want to just go ahead and do the Fantasmic Dining Package, but I'd like to do the 2nd show so I can do Mickey's Magic Mix the same night and then head over after. But I noticed reservations for the dining package currently only go through April 6.

Can I go ahead and book BB so we get the time we want and then convert it to a Dining Package in a week or so when the next week in April opens up? And is there a way to request the 2nd showing of Fantasmic when booking, or is it dependent on the meal time?
I do not know but would for sure book the normal BB so you have that. I have dined at BB many times but never for F! For that I have only done Hungry Bear. You may want to check if the BB menu is limited for F! If so I would think hard about if that is the way you want to go.

Lastly, will we be missing out on the advantage of having the reserved section by not getting there until 9:45-9:50 for a 10:30 show?
I have never done a dining package for the second show. But from what I can tell Disney is pretty flexible letting first F! show folks stay in place to watch the fireworks. Which means they cannot seat the 2nd show folks until the 1st show is cleared out after the fireworks and cleaned up a little. Even if you were last to be seated in the BB viewing section, IMO there are no bad seats except for ones too near the front and behind a light pole structure. Personally I like the seats towards the back more than those at the front. But it depends if you have kids and if so, how young (small) they are. If I had young kids I would try and get towards the front for them. It is usually not a big problem because everyone has to sit. If you are towards the back, we are only talking like 25 feet from the water and that is not at all bad for small kids. Nearer to the front is a little better IMO but not essential.

I guess I am saying I do not see a problem with your plan. Now do some research on crowd patterns because after fireworks it is really a zoo at DL - worse than MK IMO because DL's hub is smaller. You want to watch the fireworks from the left side of the hub near the Frontierland entrance as that is the route you will take to F! And being that it is Frontierland, you need to get on your horse and move as soon as the fireworks end. Once you get over to ROA CMs will usually hold up the crowds moving towards F! as they organize some walking lanes and let the first show F! folks clear out of the area. So you will have to be patient while in a huge crowd of people. Then make your way all the way to the other side of the seating area to get the entry for BB seating. It will be crowded but just bear with it for 5-10 minutes and you will be fine.

:wizard:

I do not know but would for sure book the normal BB so you have that. I have dined at BB many times but never for F! For that I have only done Hungry Bear. You may want to check if the BB menu is limited for F! If so I would think hard about if that is the way you want to go.

I have never done a dining package for the second show. But from what I can tell Disney is pretty flexible letting first F! show folks stay in place to watch the fireworks. Which means they cannot seat the 2nd show folks until the 1st show is cleared out after the fireworks and cleaned up a little. Even if you were last to be seated in the BB viewing section, IMO there are no bad seats except for ones too near the front and behind a light pole structure. Personally I like the seats towards the back more than those at the front. But it depends if you have kids and if so, how young (small) they are. If I had young kids I would try and get towards the front for them. It is usually not a big problem because everyone has to sit. If you are towards the back, we are only talking like 25 feet from the water and that is not at all bad for small kids. Nearer to the front is a little better IMO but not essential.

I guess I am saying I do not see a problem with your plan. Now do some research on crowd patterns because after fireworks it is really a zoo at DL - worse than MK IMO because DL's hub is smaller. You want to watch the fireworks from the left side of the hub near the Frontierland entrance as that is the route you will take to F! And being that it is Frontierland, you need to get on your horse and move as soon as the fireworks end. Once you get over to ROA CMs will usually hold up the crowds moving towards F! as they organize some walking lanes and let the first show F! folks clear out of the area. So you will have to be patient while in a huge crowd of people. Then make your way all the way to the other side of the seating area to get the entry for BB seating. It will be crowded but just bear with it for 5-10 minutes and you will be fine.

:wizard:

Thanks! Sounds like I don't really need to be worried about where I am in that section, but should also expect it to take longer to arrive than I was thinking. And I should also abandon the idea from watching on Main Street and save that for another night, and instead watch from the hub.

... Can I go ahead and book BB so we get the time we want and then convert it to a Dining Package in a week or so when the next week in April opens up? And is there a way to request the 2nd showing of Fantasmic when booking, or is it dependent on the meal time?

It used to be possible to do this, but you should call the Dine Line to speak with a CM when booking your reservation to make sure. We've done this before, but did it through a CM who put a note on our reservation. Call 714-781-DINE and tell the CM what you want to do. Whether you get the first or second show depends on your reservation time. But we've always had our server ask us which show we wanted.
The only disadvantage I can think of with your plan is that you might miss out on a spot at the railing if that is what you want. Otherwise, you should be just fine.
ETA: If you are solo or have no strollers or slow walkers with you, it is possible to make it to the BB viewing area from Main Street if you move steadily and quickly. We did this last summer after viewing "Together Forever" from Main Street (by the Crystal Arcade). Then we moved as swiftly as possible (this is a relative term) to NOS. As a party of 4 adults, no mobility issues, we were the third party in the BB line when we arrived for the second F! show. Have the fastest member of your group go first. The slower members can catch up later in the viewing area line. We had to wait about 10 minutes or so before we were allowed into the area.

It used to be possible to do this, but you should call the Dine Line to speak with a CM when booking your reservation to make sure. We've done this before, but did it through a CM who put a note on our reservation. Call 714-781-DINE and tell the CM what you want to do. Whether you get the first or second show depends on your reservation time. But we've always had our server ask us which show we wanted.
The only disadvantage I can think of with your plan is that you might miss out on a spot at the railing if that is what you want. Otherwise, you should be just fine.
ETA: If you are solo or have no strollers or slow walkers with you, it is possible to make it to the BB viewing area from Main Street if you move steadily and quickly. We did this last summer after viewing "Together Forever" from Main Street (by the Crystal Arcade). Then we moved as swiftly as possible (this is a relative term) to NOS. As a party of 4 adults, no mobility issues, we were the third party in the BB line when we arrived for the second F! show. Have the fastest member of your group go first. The slower members can catch up later in the viewing area line. We had to wait about 10 minutes or so before we were allowed into the area.

Is the dining package check-in area easy enough to find in the crowd? Last time I was there, F! was dark and the time before that Fastpasses did not exist and we just wandered up to a spot right on the watch on the far left side near HM about 20 minutes before the show.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter