Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
Last Saturday me and three friends did the Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining experience. While I really questioned if I would think it was worth it ($69 per person plus a tip seemed like a lot) at the end of the trip the dinner at BB and Fantasmic were the highlight for all three of us.

Here is my video review (not my best work but you get the idea)

And yes... We did get the seat cushion!
(The only dumb moment was the cast members let the Cafe Orleans people pick their seats first in the Blue Bayou section. Then they let Blue Bayou people in. We were totally fine, but if it would have been a packed night I would have complained about that.)

Last Saturday me and three friends did the Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining experience. While I really questioned if I would think it was worth it ($69 per person plus a tip seemed like a lot) at the end of the trip the dinner at BB and Fantasmic were the highlight for all three of us.

Here is my video review (not my best work but you get the idea)

And yes... We did get the seat cushion!
(The only dumb moment was the cast members let the Cafe Orleans people pick their seats first in the Blue Bayou section. Then they let Blue Bayou people in. We were totally fine, but if it would have been a packed night I would have complained about that.)
Was this for the second showing then?

Was this for the second showing then?

We were scheduled for the 1st show because our reservations were at 6, but then we requested the second show so we could catch the fireworks from Main Street and then head over to Fantasmic. It worked out great and was lots of fun. I just felt a little bad for the Blue Bayou people were were at the very front of the line and seeing the Cafe Orleans people move into the very front row spots.

We were scheduled for the 1st show because our reservations were at 6, but then we requested the second show so we could catch the fireworks from Main Street and then head over to Fantasmic. It worked out great and was lots of fun. I just felt a little bad for the Blue Bayou people were were at the very front of the line and seeing the Cafe Orleans people move into the very front row spots.
I'm actually thinking of sitting toward the back of the section on purpose, to avoid looking through the bars. What did you think of your view behind others in that section?

I will add that it stinks that the other group was let in first.

I'm actually thinking of sitting toward the back of the section on purpose, to avoid looking through the bars. What did you think of your view behind others in that section?

I will add that it stinks that the other group was let in first.

What I'm going to say will sound a little negative... But know that I had a great experience at both BB and RBT... I think sometimes there are just little tiny hiccups.

So I always try to sit towards the back because of the railing. A few months ago when when I ate at RBT I tried to sit along the very back of the area they made me move up a bit 5 minutes before show time because a stroller came and they said any stroller or any wheelchair that came got to be along the back. So it was still good I was just slightly annoyed that after sitting in my spot for 20 minutes I had to move a little. Thankfully there was room for me to move. (At that point I feel like they could have folder the stroller down and got a different seat but once again it was fine.)

So this time me and my friends sat almost towards the back, but left room for another row behind us. Then a cast member with a very loud voice and standing kinda far away told us we needed to move as close as we can to the front. She said "We are going to pack this area and fill it all in" If kinda freaked my friends out but I told them to not move up as tight as the cast member suggested. so we were still towards the back. In the end only TWO more families came into that seating areas so the front was packed pretty tight and those of us towards the back had plenty of leg room.

So both times it was a good experience, but just a few little moments that made me shake my head. I think one difference to expect is if you have ever done the WoC dessert party the cast members treat you like a VIP because that is your dining experience. But for Fantasmic your server at the restaurant may treat you like a VIP (I had great service at both BB and RBT). But the cast members likely rotate seating areas so I don't think in there mind they treat the Blue Bayou area much different then they treat the typical Fastpass or standing room only area... If that makes sense. (Once again not being rude to the cast members... Just don't expect them to treat you as classy as your server who knows you paid $69 dollars for each meal.)

What I'm going to say will sound a little negative... But know that I had a great experience at both BB and RBT... I think sometimes there are just little tiny hiccups.

So I always try to sit towards the back because of the railing. A few months ago when when I ate at RBT I tried to sit along the very back of the area they made me move up a bit 5 minutes before show time because a stroller came and they said any stroller or any wheelchair that came got to be along the back. So it was still good I was just slightly annoyed that after sitting in my spot for 20 minutes I had to move a little. Thankfully there was room for me to move. (At that point I feel like they could have folder the stroller down and got a different seat but once again it was fine.)

So this time me and my friends sat almost towards the back, but left room for another row behind us. Then a cast member with a very loud voice and standing kinda far away told us we needed to move as close as we can to the front. She said "We are going to pack this area and fill it all in" If kinda freaked my friends out but I told them to not move up as tight as the cast member suggested. so we were still towards the back. In the end only TWO more families came into that seating areas so the front was packed pretty tight and those of us towards the back had plenty of leg room.

So both times it was a good experience, but just a few little moments that made me shake my head. I think one difference to expect is if you have ever done the WoC dessert party the cast members treat you like a VIP because that is your dining experience. But for Fantasmic your server at the restaurant may treat you like a VIP (I had great service at both BB and RBT). But the cast members likely rotate seating areas so I don't think in there mind they treat the Blue Bayou area much different then they treat the typical Fastpass or standing room only area... If that makes sense. (Once again not being rude to the cast members... Just don't expect them to treat you as classy as your server who knows you paid $69 dollars for each meal.)
That's very helpful. Thank you!

One more question. Does the back area fill up very fast or do people gravitate toward the front? I'm trying to decide what time to arrive. I know you have to be there ahead of the window to sit front row, but not so sure about back row!

Am I understanding this correctly? I will be in my power wheelchair and traveling with two others. If we get a dining package, I will automatically be placed in the back row? Will the other two be required to stay with me, required to move towards the front or given the option of doing one or the other?

Has anyone done the Fantasmic premium Dinner at RBT recently. I know it was closed and was going to open up sometime this week.

Has anyone done the Fantasmic premium Dinner at RBT recently. I know it was closed and was going to open up sometime this week.

I will be there next week and doing this on Sunday the 26th. I am also interested in seeing if anyone has done this since they reopened.

If not, I will report back after my experience next week!

I will be there next week and doing this on Sunday the 26th. I am also interested in seeing if anyone has done this since they reopened.

If not, I will report back after my experience next week!
Please report back how it goes. We're doing it Friday the 1st.

One more question. Does the back area fill up very fast or do people gravitate toward the front? I'm trying to decide what time to arrive. I know you have to be there ahead of the window to sit front row, but not so sure about back row!

Each time that I've done the dining packages the front ALWAYS fills up first. People are very excited about being as close to the water as possible. If you are going to the later show, based on the two times I've done the Fantasmic dinners, you could come 10 minutes before the show and still get a good seat near the back of the section. Keep in mind I would still recommend that you get their earlier just so you don't miss out on the seat you are hoping for if there is a big crowd or something. If you are going to watch the earlier showing of Fantasmic that one is usually "sold out" because they reach capacity for the Dinner Packages. So the front will fill up first but there will be more people so that means the back fills up faster too. (I personally think the later show is easier to manage because you only have to wait a half hour and there aren't as many people.) My video below does a better job of showing the seating area. I took the video of the seating area about 10 minutes before show time on Labor Day weekend so hopefully that gives you an idea.

Am I understanding this correctly? I will be in my power wheelchair and traveling with two others. If we get a dining package, I will automatically be placed in the back row? Will the other two be required to stay with me, required to move towards the front or given the option of doing one or the other?

Both the people with Strollers (that they didn't folder up) and I believe one person in a powered wheelchair were placed along the back of the seating area. (I'm not sure if you are familiar with the seating area, but being in the back isn't as bad or traumatic as it sounds, its like 20 feet away from the front.) Their family members sat on the ground next to the powered wheel chair and the stroller, although they would have been free to move up closer if they didn't want to sit along the back with their family member. The back is not bad. I actually feel like its easier to see the action because the seating area is on a slight hill that helps you see over peoples head and the railing if you are towards the back.

Each time that I've done the dining packages the front ALWAYS fills up first. People are very excited about being as close to the water as possible. If you are going to the later show, based on the two times I've done the Fantasmic dinners, you could come 10 minutes before the show and still get a good seat near the back of the section. Keep in mind I would still recommend that you get their earlier just so you don't miss out on the seat you are hoping for if there is a big crowd or something. If you are going to watch the earlier showing of Fantasmic that one is usually "sold out" because they reach capacity for the Dinner Packages. So the front will fill up first but there will be more people so that means the back fills up faster too. (I personally think the later show is easier to manage because you only have to wait a half hour and there aren't as many people.) My video below does a better job of showing the seating area. I took the video of the seating area about 10 minutes before show time on Labor Day weekend so hopefully that gives you an idea.
Thanks for your feedback on that. We're going to the first show on one of the Candlelight Processional nights, so I imagine it will be rather busy. Sounds like maybe we shouldn't wait too late to join the line.

I believe one person in a powered wheelchair were placed along the back of the seating area.

Thanks for the information. I think I will like being in the back but it is nice to know that the others are free to stay with me or try to move up closer if they want.

This is probably a dumb question but how do reservations for hungry bear work? Do you just show up at your reservation time and place your order like everyone else?

This is probably a dumb question but how do reservations for hungry bear work? Do you just show up at your reservation time and place your order like everyone else?
Not a dumb question! We have a ressie in a couple weeks and I don’t know the answer either. I’d love to know this too

I have a tipping question. 4 of us are looking to have the BB Fan dining experience. I typically am a 20% tipper for the wait staff. This would be about a $56 tip... for a super simple menu choice! Don't want to be a cheapskate here, but wouldn't a tip on what the food would cost ($28 tip, or so) be more appropriate? Thoughts?

We were there last week with a BB package and sat in the back row, which I preferred since no one could crowd me from behind. The view was great. If you're in the front row, I feel like the railing would get in the way. We were told to remain seated during the show so didn't have to worry about tall people. The only thing to watch out for are the light posts. Those can block the view a little but they aren't obnoxious since the show is always moving and from where you're sitting, Mickey and the stage are in the middle. Have fun!!!

We had a package at the blue Bayou for fantasmic. When should we get in line for the first show?

We were there last week with a BB package and sat in the back row, which I preferred since no one could crowd me from behind. The view was great. If you're in the front row, I feel like the railing would get in the way. We were told to remain seated during the show so didn't have to worry about tall people. The only thing to watch out for are the light posts. Those can block the view a little but they aren't obnoxious since the show is always moving and from where you're sitting, Mickey and the stage are in the middle. Have fun!!!
I am just curious...how was your dinner with the BB package? I have been reading that it isn't what you would expect from BB. Thanks for the seating information!

I am just curious...how was your dinner with the BB package? I have been reading that it isn't what you would expect from BB. Thanks for the seating information!

It had been awhile since we had eaten at BB so I can't compare with our past meals. But I thought our meal was quite good. There were 7 of us and we all enjoyed our meals. I had the gumbo appetizer with the rack of lamb and thought it was delicious. My DH had the pork chop and was happy with it. Others in our group had the filet with lobster tail, thumbs up!

The menu had three apps to choose from and I think seven different entrees, plus three or four dessert options. I actually had trouble deciding what to pick for dinner.

To answer PP about timing, we were on the late side. We sat for dinner at 6:50 and we were went to the viewing area at 8:15. We actually had a weird hiccup... our ressie was for the first show but the restaurant gave us tickets for the second show with the time crossed out and the 9 pm show hand written in. They told us that they had sold out of the first show but knew our ressie was for the first show.

We asked a CM along the way where to go and after some conversation about our edited ticket, he walked us in because he said that the other CMs wouldn't let us in since the sections were full. He was extremely helpful.

After he "dropped us off," we didn't have any trouble finding space for our group.

If I had to do it again, I probably would have eaten earlier. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter