Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
So I am a little nervous. We have a reservation on 9/30 at 7:20 at BB and 1st show tickets. Are we going to be done with our meal in time to get decent Fantasmic seats? At first I was good with the later reservation because my daughter is dancing at Disney that day and we don't know what time yet but now I am starting to freak out a little. How early do we have to get to the seating section to get a good seat? Are we going to be rushed through dinner?

So I am a little nervous. We have a reservation on 9/30 at 7:20 at BB and 1st show tickets. Are we going to be done with our meal in time to get decent Fantasmic seats? At first I was good with the later reservation because my daughter is dancing at Disney that day and we don't know what time yet but now I am starting to freak out a little. How early do we have to get to the seating section to get a good seat? Are we going to be rushed through dinner?

Even though the reservation says 1st show, they will give you FPs for the 2nd show. I think the cutoff is 6/6:30 for transition from 1st show to 2nd.

Yeah if you wanted seats along the waterfront you'd have to start lining up around the same time as your reservation lol. As already stated, you should be getting tickets to the first showing with that time slot.

Thanks for the replies! I am actually okay with that. It will give us more time to enjoy our dinner and not stress over making it to the show! :)

Just a quick review...I'll have a more detailed on later. My family (three adults) did the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dining package last Sunday. We opted to upgrade to include the MSEP viewing. We ended up with FPs for the first MSEP showing and the second F! (which was not what we expected; it was fine, it just surprised us). The meal included a starter, entree, and dessert. The premium upgrade also included a "Premium Specialty Drink" (soda or mint julep - so not really sure what was so premium about the drink, other than it was included in the price of the package). The food was good; not quite as good as the MHP menu from a year ago, but still tasty. The biggest disappointment was that the Mickey Sorcerer dessert didn't have the chocolate Mickey Sorcerer hat decoration (the server said they melted in the delivery truck). At the end of the meal, the server brought us our FPs, parade cushions, and light-up MSEP lanyards.
DSC_0405_Lanyard.jpg

After dinner we headed over to the MSEP viewing area in Town Square (facing the train station). The FP said to return at 8:30 pm, but when we got there (around 8:15 pm), there were already guests in the area. All of the curb spots were taken, so we ended up sitting on the ground in the "second" row. Overall, the view was pretty good and the area wasn't all that packed (there was plenty of room to move around if you wanted).
DSC_0413.JPG

After the parade ended (around 9:20 pm), we decided to head over to the F! viewing area rather than watch fireworks from Main Street. The F! FP said to return anytime between 10:00 pm and 10:30 pm (for the 10:45 pm showing). We caught a glimpse of fireworks from the Rivers of America area. It seems like you really need to be the far side of the river to have the "best" view (i.e., mist screens and fireworks at the same time). Probably somewhere about even with French Market/Cafe Orleans might be the best bet. We glanced over near Stage Door Cafe and you had to choose either the mist screens or the fireworks.
DSC_0442.JPG

They were allowing guests to line up near Harbor Galley prior to 10:00 pm. It was a bit confusing because there were two lines; one was for dining packages (all) and the other was for standby. The dining package viewing area was divided by package (at least kind of). When we got to the front of the line, the CM looked at our FP and said to go to the next CM (down the way). The sections were only divided by tape on the ground, which was kind of hard to see. Everyone was sitting on the ground (all dining package areas). The view for the Blue Bayou dining area was near the center and offered a pretty good view of the whole show. The wind wasn't blowing towards us, so we didn't get wet! I have to admit, the parade cushions made it much more comfortable to sit on the ground! I saw one stroller in the dining package area (I couldn't tell if the child was sitting in it or not), but I did not see any ECVs or wheelchairs (that doesn't mean they weren't there, I just didn't see them).
DSC_0115.JPG

Overall, I really liked being able to sit (albeit on the ground) and watch the show. The show itself was good...I liked elements of the new show and I miss elements of the old show.

Has anyone tried folding their cushion in half for storage? I am heading back tomorrow; previously I did the Blue Bayou so got a cushion that is hanging around my house. Tomorrow I'm doing River Belle, but am thinking about bringing the cushion to sit on again. But I may be going for more of the day and am getting a locker for a sweater/jeans so it would be convenient to store the cushion in there. But I also don't want it to break in half!

I have not tried folding the one I got in half, but I can't image that it would fold very well. It's pretty stiff and I think it would end up cracking before it would bend...I would store it in the locker and not risk breaking it.

I have not tried folding the one I got in half, but I can't image that it would fold very well. It's pretty stiff and I think it would end up cracking before it would bend...I would store it in the locker and not risk breaking it.
Thats what I was thinking, but I don't know if it'd fit in a small locker (it's just me, so not a lot to store, but I know they also run out of larger ones earlier in the day). I'll figure it out, maybe attach it with a carribeaner to my bag if I can't fit it in the locker.

If you get a small locker, you'd probably have to angle the cushion. I would still think it will fit, it just might not fit standing straight up or laying flat. According to wdwinfo the smaller lockers are 12x18x12.6 (the cushion is 14x14, so you should be okay at an angle).

Yeah, the cushion is pretty stiff and would probably get permanently damaged if you tried to fold it in half. Unless you're talking about the cushions that were being given out prior to the refurb?

If you get a small locker, you'd probably have to angle the cushion. I would still think it will fit, it just might not fit standing straight up or laying flat. According to wdwinfo the smaller lockers are 12x18x12.6 (the cushion is 14x14, so you should be okay at an angle).
Cool! Sounds like a plan!

So I'm here now, did River Belle this evening, as compared to Blue Bayou a couple weeks ago.

When I showed up at 6:20, they weren't accepting walk ups. There was a bit of a wait until I was seated but I also was eating at prime time. I ended up getting seated inside. I had the choice of 1st or 2nd show.

So people know, RBT and BB don't have 2-tops. So if you make a reservation for 1 and show up with 3 or 4 they don't have a problem seating you. Because I'm a party of 1 and end up sitting with at least 3 empty chairs! They always have extra FPs printed so don't care about that. So, for example, once I was searching for a BB reservation; no availability as party of 3 but when I changed to 1, it all opened up!

For started, I got corn chowder. Was definitely disappointed in it. Was lukewarm and potato chunks were too hard. I prefer the ones I get at French Market even though they appear to be the same recipe, so it could have just been an off-batch. I also had it back when RBT was more down-home cooking, not BBQ, and that was delicious. There was also bacon in this, but on top so they could remove it if asked.

file-4002E82C-CCED-4129-9E53-ABD83BD6A0D8-12341-00000CE4C6F68A12.jpg

For dinner I got ribs, with seasonal vegetables and tater tots. Seasonal vegetables were green beans with bacon. Tried those an another disappointment-way too crisp for my taste. Luckily everything else turned around. Tater tots were good and delicately spiced. Ribs were so yummy and so many of them! I could only eat 1/2 and they gave me a box to take everything else home.

file-89B21A46-0CB5-4591-8A18-B4A2F92508B8-12341-00000CE4C759CDCD.jpg

For dessert I did strawberry shortcake. The dragon looked cool but I'm way too sensitive to spicy foods so didn't want to risk it. This was sooo good! Very sweet but not overpowering.

file-FF273885-6D18-4B09-9755-7333E78AB2F9-12341-00000CE4C7C82FF9.jpg

And the pixie dust-I had the amazing Martin for my server. Very great guy and super cheerful. When I got my bill I realized he only charged me for kids price vs adult (a $20 saving!). With my AP discount it was only $21! I ended up tipping him as if he hadn't though, but still walked out having paid $30 total!

file-E9BD7917-7458-405E-81B4-2BD6A7FE80E9-12341-00000CE4C815D2BD.jpg

Seating-I finished about 7:40ish. Made a detour down Main Street to drop off my leftovers in my locker. I also brought my BB cushion so picked it up. Made my way back to the dining package area by Harbor Galley and arrived 8:05-8:10ish just as they were starting to let people in. First they had all RBT on one side of a tape line and BB on the other. They let RBT file through (I was the last one), then BB followed with a CM at the lead, who veered off once they reached their entrance. When I arrived at the seating section it was maybe 75% full with about 7 rows of people sitting back from rails. The CM called it full around 8:30. At that point BB was about 40-50% full. The CM said they then would send any RBT people into that section. It is now 8:36 and BB is about 90% full, but CMs will probably have people squish together more soon.

Here is my view (from edge of RBT section closest to BB).

file-809F18FE-397F-4C2A-99CD-E75D5D60D042-12341-00000CE4ED5CE1E3.jpg

So I'm here now, did River Belle this evening, as compared to Blue Bayou a couple weeks ago.

When I showed up at 6:20, they weren't accepting walk ups. There was a bit of a wait until I was seated but I also was eating at prime time. I ended up getting seated inside. I had the choice of 1st or 2nd show.

So people know, RBT and BB don't have 2-tops. So if you make a reservation for 1 and show up with 3 or 4 they don't have a problem seating you. Because I'm a party of 1 and end up sitting with at least 3 empty chairs! They always have extra FPs printed so don't care about that. So, for example, once I was searching for a BB reservation; no availability as party of 3 but when I changed to 1, it all opened up!

For started, I got corn chowder. Was definitely disappointed in it. Was lukewarm and potato chunks were too hard. I prefer the ones I get at French Market even though they appear to be the same recipe, so it could have just been an off-batch. I also had it back when RBT was more down-home cooking, not BBQ, and that was delicious. There was also bacon in this, but on top so they could remove it if asked.

View attachment 263279

For dinner I got ribs, with seasonal vegetables and tater tots. Seasonal vegetables were green beans with bacon. Tried those an another disappointment-way too crisp for my taste. Luckily everything else turned around. Tater tots were good and delicately spiced. Ribs were so yummy and so many of them! I could only eat 1/2 and they gave me a box to take everything else home.

View attachment 263280

For dessert I did strawberry shortcake. The dragon looked cool but I'm way too sensitive to spicy foods so didn't want to risk it. This was sooo good! Very sweet but not overpowering.

View attachment 263281

And the pixie dust-I had the amazing Martin for my server. Very great guy and super cheerful. When I got my bill I realized he only charged me for kids price vs adult (a $20 saving!). With my AP discount it was only $21! I ended up tipping him as if he hadn't though, but still walked out having paid $30 total!

View attachment 263282

Seating-I finished about 7:40ish. Made a detour down Main Street to drop off my leftovers in my locker. I also brought my BB cushion so picked it up. Made my way back to the dining package area by Harbor Galley and arrived 8:05-8:10ish just as they were starting to let people in. First they had all RBT on one side of a tape line and BB on the other. They let RBT file through (I was the last one), then BB followed with a CM at the lead, who veered off once they reached their entrance. When I arrived at the seating section it was maybe 75% full with about 7 rows of people sitting back from rails. The CM called it full around 8:30. At that point BB was about 40-50% full. The CM said they then would send any RBT people into that section. It is now 8:36 and BB is about 90% full, but CMs will probably have people squish together more soon.

View attachment 263283

Update: 8:45 pm, both sections pretty much full. The CMs are trying to fit any late comers into any open spots. A manager walked a group of people through the main walkway down to the other end of RBT viewing area.

Some other people were standing on the other side of the rope. They thought they could sneak under the rope and sit in the area without a pass. Enough CMs are there that someone caught them and kicked them out. It was a couple in late 30s/early 40s, so they should have known better!

Update: 8:45 pm, both sections pretty much full. The CMs are trying to fit any late comers into any open spots. A manager walked a group of people through the main walkway down to the other end of RBT viewing area.

Some other people were standing on the other side of the rope. They thought they could sneak under the rope and sit in the area without a pass. Enough CMs are there that someone caught them and kicked them out. It was a couple in late 30s/early 40s, so they should have known better!

Shame about the people trying to sneak in! There'll always be those people trying to sneak around. Hope you enjoy the show! Hopefully the two main light towers work tonight.

This thread has been very helpful, and I'm exciting because I have a reservation at RBT in just a couple of weeks. This has been mentioned but I want to make sure I have it right.
At the RBT even though I have a 5:50 dinner reservation (it was all they had 58 days out) I can still request to see the second show correct?

I'm planning to make BB reservations for a trip in November and I'm hoping to get the second showing for that one too, but I see when you try to make a reservation it tells you what show time your package is for. For anyone who has gone to the BB, even if your reservation was at 6:30 or 7 could you get the second showing instead?

Last question, how quickly are the seating areas filling up? My hope is with the reservation we don't have to show up and additional 30-60 minutes early before the return time just to wait in line. Thanks!

This thread has been very helpful, and I'm exciting because I have a reservation at RBT in just a couple of weeks. This has been mentioned but I want to make sure I have it right.
At the RBT even though I have a 5:50 dinner reservation (it was all they had 58 days out) I can still request to see the second show correct?

I'm planning to make BB reservations for a trip in November and I'm hoping to get the second showing for that one too, but I see when you try to make a reservation it tells you what show time your package is for. For anyone who has gone to the BB, even if your reservation was at 6:30 or 7 could you get the second showing instead?

Last question, how quickly are the seating areas filling up? My hope is with the reservation we don't have to show up and additional 30-60 minutes early before the return time just to wait in line. Thanks!

Yes, in my experience at both RBT and BB you had the option of choosing between the first or second show regardless of what time the reservation said. It will depend on the popularity of either show on that given day.

As for what time to show up, it depends on where specifically you want to be seated. If you want to be seated along the railing, you'll have to show up around 7:15p-7:30p for the first showing. I have not seen the second showing since F! returned so I can't comment on that.

Just finished with RBT premium. Don't do it, not even $5. Food is mediocre at best and the strawberry short cake is not really strawberry short. I would avoid this place like the plague

Jack

View attachment 263279

View attachment 263280

View attachment 263281

View attachment 263282

View attachment 263283

Thanks for the review and pictures!

I wonder how many times they'll let that happen, though? Reserving a party of 1 and then showing up with a party of 4, that is. I would imagine they have a fairly set number so the viewing sections don't get over capacity. I can see if one party needed to do this for the night, but if they reach their "capacity" and have several groups wanting to add more people it could make the viewing sections overly full.

That's awesome that you got the kids price! Hopefully Disney doesn't look on here, wouldn't want the CM to get in trouble! lol I wish that kinda pixie dust would happen with us!

Looks like you had a pretty good view of the stage.

Just finished with RBT premium. Don't do it, not even $5. Food is mediocre at best and the strawberry short cake is not really strawberry short. I would avoid this place like the plague

Jack

Really? That's surprising! I've so far only heard good reviews on it. How was the seating?

Really? That's surprising! I've so far only heard good reviews on it. How was the seating?
You get pre assigned tables and chairs. That is it. Was not good for me. 1/2 the view was blocked and they did make the people ROA sit down so you can not see anything at water level. Not worth what they charge and lie about

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!