Fantasmic Dining Package at River Belle Terrace Premium seating

seamour

Mouseketeer
Would love to hear from anyone that has done this, curious if the "view" is good of Fantasmic or if you end up with people standing in front of you on the walkway blocking your view. We have several people with physical disabilities, so really trying to find the best option for our party.
Off the Disneyland Website "Upgrade to premium 8:00 PM seating for an additional $25 per adult and $15 per child (ages 3 to 9) and enjoy your meal as well as the first performance of Fantasmic! from your seat on the outdoor patio." https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

TIA for any and all insights!

We reserved the seating last month. It was wonderful. CM's clear the area in front of the railing. Even if someone is there you can easily see. There are three areas for the tables though. Right along the railing, middle, then back against the building. It's assigned when you make the reservations (so I am told) and they can not make changes when you show up. I called right at 7 am and we were placed right on the railing front and center. The group "behind" us in the middle called at the same time/day. I say "behind" because the tables are staggered. We offered the group our table during the show, we were both parties of three, table seats six. They declined, the view was pretty much the same. The only minor complaint I would have is the standing viewers at the back of the viewing area would place their kids on their shoulders. That actually blocked the views, but was not too bad if it was one or two, and not grouped together. Also kinda stank that Murphy did not work that evening, scored the best view and he did not show up! I say go for it. My wife hates sitting on the ground for so long, It was great to have chairs.

Found a good photo of the view. You can see the stage above people's heads, and all of the floats/effects are visible as well.

IMG_5639.jpg

A30A3146-ED84-4E91-BA98-92E485A6F511.jpeg E3A085A2-1DF2-4BB0-AE44-7D97890251BA.jpeg E5E3F449-D210-4C6C-B856-29836F4D52FA.jpeg We did this last summer and were in the back row. I was worried about that but while the view wasn't perfect, it was fine for us. They let you move your chairs around a bit if you need to as well. I'd rather sacrifice the perfect view for a more relaxed experience. It was lovely to be able to sit and watch and not be squished in with the masses! I'll see if I can rustle up a picture of our view.

ETA Here are a few photos. The quality isn't great but it gives you and idea of the view from the back row of tables.

Last edited:
We did it in early August and loved it. I called at 9:00 on the day reservations opened up. Our table was right on the rail and we were very pleased with our view. CMs do not let people stand in front of the rail, they keep them moving. Anyone who tried to stand there was quickly scooted along. At first the "crowd" in front of us was all sitting. About half way through the show they let the regular fastpass folks fill in the empty space and those people didn't sit down, they stood up. But we could still see the show, just now the bottom stuff. I don’t know that I would have been as happy with the view had we not been right now the rail. But being as my mom can’t sit on the ground for any length of time, its really the only option for us. I knew going into it that it would be an off center view and we would be behind the crowds. So I adjusted my expectations accordingly. It was well worth it to have a seat for the show. The food was good and the service was great. Even a charging station on the table to charge our phones. Based on our experience I’d highly recommend it. Pics below of where we were sitting and our view of the show. Pic is not zoomed in. fantasmic 1.jpg fantasmic.jpg fantasmic 1.jpg fantasmic.jpg

Last edited:

This is my view from our 2nd row table. The walkway in front of RBT was kept pretty clear so people walking by wasn't really an issue, but note the guests seated in front of us, the kids on shoulders, the large tree on the right, and the pole located in the restaurant, all of which partially blocked the view. I could have gotten up and stood in the back of the restaurant to get rid of the view of the pole, but overall it just wasn't a great view. You can see that the waterline where some of the projections happen is really not visible at all. Even the view of the guests in the front row would be partially blocked from the guests standing watching the show on the other side of the walkway.

View attachment 343247

I've watched the show from a "stand by" spot (ie, grabbing a spot where I could) in the past in front of HM ... this was a better view than that was, but the other dining packages definitely have better views than RBT IMO.

This was someone else's view (click on the link to view the photo) -- as you can read from her post, she was less than impressed, especially given the price paid. Since you cannot know the location of your table in advance, this package is a gamble. That is what has stopped us from trying this package so far. We prefer BB, but I can understand that sitting on the ground isn't for everyone. There is HC viewing with the other F! packages. Depending on the issues with the guests in your party, you might want to ask Disney Dining (email or phone) about what the options would be.

That was me, and here's a link to that thread if you're interested in more opinions:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-premium-seating.3650163/page-5#post-59623041

OP, you said some of your party have disabilities? If they're in an ECV or wheelchair, the view of Fantasmic from the handicapped area is much better than the view from RBT.

My experience was that some tables at RBT seem to have good views, but not all. Either way, I don't think anyone at RBT would be able to see the projections on the water. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you can see even from the photos above that were taken from the very front tables, the view of the water is blocked. I didn't even realize what I was missing as far as the water projections at RBT until I sat in the ECV area later in the same trip.

OTOH, if using the handicapped area or one of the dining package areas where you sit down isn't an option, RBT is probably your best bet. Just realize it's the luck of the draw with what your view might be.

We did this on 9/15 for my mom's birthday! We were also celebrating 4 more September birthdays as well. I made reservations at 7am 60 days in advance. Our 3 tables of 5 were right on the rail. It was such a special experience. We loved it. Our waitress Angelina was exceptional. Some in our party do not tolerate standing for long periods, and my nephews are legally blind, so being able to sit was such a treat. I found the view to be great. You don't ebpven really notice the people walking by. Food was very good. You get a light up sorcerer Mickey light up straw and special lanyard. They have a charging stand in the middle of the table to charge your phones too! Because it is quite spendy, I don't know how soon we will do it again, but for this special occasion, it was worth every penny! It's also great that you can stay seated to view the fireworks right after as well. It was truly magical✨

How close is the nearest restroom?
RBT does not have its own restroom, so you would have to go to the AL restrooms (at the entrance to AL, sort of across from the Tiki Room and next to the connector to Frontierland) or the RDZ restrooms in Frontierland. The AL restrooms are larger, were refurbed relatively recently, and the lines move faster.

AL restrooms are not that bad of a trip from the area. Just walk along the RBT and Golden Horseshoe buildings, and when I mean walks along, literally right next to the building not the pathway along the Rivers of America. They will have crowd control setup in that direction. Coming back you can walk along the Rivers crowd control pathway. Its pretty easy even with a large crowd.

I have been thinking about this for a long time. I have someone in my group who cannot eat nightshades. Are there any options for just a salad as an entree?

That was me, and here's a link to that thread if you're interested in more opinions:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-premium-seating.3650163/page-5#post-59623041

OP, you said some of your party have disabilities? If they're in an ECV or wheelchair, the view of Fantasmic from the handicapped area is much better than the view from RBT.

My experience was that some tables at RBT seem to have good views, but not all. Either way, I don't think anyone at RBT would be able to see the projections on the water. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you can see even from the photos above that were taken from the very front tables, the view of the water is blocked. I didn't even realize what I was missing as far as the water projections at RBT until I sat in the ECV area later in the same trip.

OTOH, if using the handicapped area or one of the dining package areas where you sit down isn't an option, RBT is probably your best bet. Just realize it's the luck of the draw with what your view might be.
We could see the projections on the water, just not the bottom of them if that makes sense.

We did this last year. My mom is in a wheelchair and really wanted to see Fantasmic. It worked out well. Food was good too! We were not in the front row, but still were able to see everything.

I have been thinking about this for a long time. I have someone in my group who cannot eat nightshades. Are there any options for just a salad as an entree?
Have you tried calling the Dine Line to see what the options might be? Someone on the Dine Line might be able to help with this.

Thanks for the details and pictures on this all. It’s convinced me to do it for our December trip. We were planning on eating at RBT anyway so this makes sense to do.

Especially if WOC isn’t back up and we can’t do our beloved dessert party but I still have my fingers crossed for that!

I am trying to decide too!

I wonder if it is just a party of 2, do they put you towards the back???

I am trying to decide too!

I wonder if it is just a party of 2, do they put you towards the back???

Not sure what the norm is, but we were a party of 2, and called right when reservations opened for that day, and we did end up in the back row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter