Fantasmic Dessert Party?

This is a great thread!!! I am currently booked for a Fantasmic Meal Package at Mama Melrose, but I am not convinced that is what we want. I am thinking I might book this instead, if it becomes available for MArch, and use that TS credit somewhere I actually want to eat.

Does anyone know if an adult can purchase a kids dessert package for themselves instead of the adult one? The whole dessert package idea sounds great in theory, except I know I personally don't like the majority of whats in the adult one, however would eat what's in the kids one. I know the kids one is half the price, but it's not like you'd be ripping Disney off by purchasing it since you literally get what you're paying for.

Does anyone know if an adult can purchase a kids dessert package for themselves instead of the adult one? The whole dessert package idea sounds great in theory, except I know I personally don't like the majority of whats in the adult one, however would eat what's in the kids one. I know the kids one is half the price, but it's not like you'd be ripping Disney off by purchasing it since you literally get what you're paying for.

If I had to guess, I bet they would charge you the adult price but allow you to pick the child dessert box when you get there.

We did one of the first nights of this back in September and loved it! The desserts were hit or miss (those chocolate-covered strawberries! yum!), but it was well worth the price for us.

Did the dessert party tonight and asked about this. The servers said they are given a set number of boxes for adults and kids to hand out, so they don't have discretion to give an adult a kids box, BUT if you can get it noted on your reservation that you are requesting a kid box, that should be fine. I'm guessing you'd need to call Disney rather than make your reservation online, unless there is a "special request" section online (I can't remember from when we booked). That said, they accidentally gave my kids (who are Disney adults) the "kid" box. I glanced at it before I returned it for the adult box and it was REALLY small and pretty sad looking. Just my opinion!

Also, FYI - we arrived at 6:30 for a 7:30 show, mostly because we were ready to sit and have a break. We had our pick of seats, but we were definitely not among the first people there. By 7:10 the section was almost completely full, especially if you had more than 3-4 people.

And I know people have asked about a beer/wine alternative to the liquor drink (which looked sickly sweet and had tequila, which I swore off in college) - I didn't see any alternatives, although I didn't ask. They hand out boxes and drinks at a small stand, and I didn't see where they could possibly have drink alternatives.

Hope that's helpful! I'll say my two sons and I were underwhelmed by the desserts. We all liked the chocolate covered strawberries and my boys liked the chocolate cake, but we weren't wowed by anything else. It was worth it to us to try it out and have the preferred seating, but I'd probably do the dining package next time instead.

This is a great thread!!! I am currently booked for a Fantasmic Meal Package at Mama Melrose, but I am not convinced that is what we want. I am thinking I might book this instead, if it becomes available for MArch, and use that TS credit somewhere I actually want to eat.
This is exactly why we did this. I am not dyeing to eat at Mama Melrose and this seemed like a good alternative.

Hoping someone who has done this dessert party someone is still following this thread... Are the time choices listed on the Disney reservation page a required check in time? The choices (late April-- an 8:30 p.m. show) are 7:30 and 8 p.m. Does this work like a FP, where you can't check i before the earliest time on the reservation? TIA for any info.

My son and I did this in early January. I believe the show started at 7 and we had maybe a 6:15 “time”. I recall that we ended up going in earlier than our time just because we were there and really wanted to sit down...lol. Nobody questioned us about entering early. Check in was easy and they gave us lite up lanyards and directed us to the food/drink table. The snack trays were bagged for us (nice sturdy plastic bag with handle) and we were given our drinks (in a light up cup) and a bottle of water. The seating was in the same spot as the dining plan seats. We were there early (but not the first ones, by far) so had our choice of seats. I preferred the cheese/crackers and strawberries to the other desserts, so my son and I just swapped what we didn’t want with each other. I felt this was well worth the money simply for the fact that we didn’t have to fight crowds for a “good” seat and got a few snacks (and drinks) while we waited.

Thank you! This is helpful. I am trying to figure out if we will run into trouble if we book a 7:30 time but show up closer to 8. Sounds like it will likely be fine. We're only spending the late afternoon and evening at HS (I think) because we get in late the night before and I think the extra morning sleep will set up us for a better trip...plus between my inability to spin (eliminating Star Tours) and my daughter falling a bit short of the Rock and Roller coaster height requirement,, 1/2 a day should do it. Honestly we are going in for ToT and Fantasmic so the price of this is worth it to me. Thanks again!

Just booked this for the family for May 4th - I figure Star wars day at HS is going to be busy!

Thank you! This is helpful. I am trying to figure out if we will run into trouble if we book a 7:30 time but show up closer to 8. Sounds like it will likely be fine. We're only spending the late afternoon and evening at HS (I think) because we get in late the night before and I think the extra morning sleep will set up us for a better trip...plus between my inability to spin (eliminating Star Tours) and my daughter falling a bit short of the Rock and Roller coaster height requirement,, 1/2 a day should do it. Honestly we are going in for ToT and Fantasmic so the price of this is worth it to me. Thanks again!
My party of 8 did this in December and we showed up 30 minutes after our start time (15 minutes before the show) and seating was readily available. You should be fine.

I keep going back and forth if this would be worth the $155 for my family of 5. It will be a Saturday in May. We have seen Fantasmic! before but especially for D9 seeing it and getting a good seat is a must do. If we don’t do it then I will get a fast pass. Any thoughts? I had it booked for our November trip and ended up cancelling for a dining package that was with breakfast at H&V. I don’t want to do that again. So, for those who have done it recently was it “worth it?”

I keep going back and forth if this would be worth the $155 for my family of 5. It will be a Saturday in May. We have seen Fantasmic! before but especially for D9 seeing it and getting a good seat is a must do. If we don’t do it then I will get a fast pass. Any thoughts? I had it booked for our November trip and ended up cancelling for a dining package that was with breakfast at H&V. I don’t want to do that again. So, for those who have done it recently was it “worth it?”

I haven’t done it, and obviously, some people find value in it, but I think it sounds like the biggest waste of $155 possible except maybe dousing your cash with lighter fluid and tossing a match on it.

Fantasmic has been playing at WDW for close to 20 years so it’s long in the tooth and the park isn’t well attended right now. Back in September, there was plenty of room in the Stadium at showtime.

I don’t think you need a Fastpass or dining package to see it. That might change after Toy Story Land and Star Wars open, but right now, there are plenty of seats for free.

Does anyone know if an adult can get the kids drink instead of the "blue drink"? I would much prefer that over alcohol.

For anyone that has gone to this, what is the checkin process like? Do they scan everyone's magic bands? Does everyone have to be with you to pick up the boxes or could someone meet you in the seats afterward?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter