Fantasmic Dessert Party?

I think this actually has some value potential, esp during busier times. Interested to hear where the seats are once this starts.

This. I booked it because our plan is to see Fantasmic on Thanksgiving night. We've already done H&V and I know that is way more expensive. This way we can still see the show, my child will actually EAT and we spend less. Win for us.

I was thinking that this sounds as big a waste of money as the Liberty Belle Riverboat Parade Party or whatever they call it, but at least you get a drink.

that's the spoon full of sugar that makes the medicine go down :)

Also for light eaters you can just take your box and snack on it for the rest of your trip.
We did that at Disneyland, we snacked for a couple of days in the room, on the leftovers we took back.

I just saw bookings for this on the site... am I the only regular visitor who did not know this dessert party existed?
I tried booking this morning for our February trip and it doesn't look like you can book past December. I've called WDW DINE and they have no idea, she didn't even know what it was.

Does anyone know if they are only having it until December or later bookings will open up eventually?

Not one that would usually book stuff like this (where I can see for free) .... but ...

- No waiting in lines
- Reserved Seating
- If at back means we are OUT of that chaos at end quickly
- Looks like about $15+ worth of Disney snacks
- Alcoholic Drink (2 for me since DS does not drink) never cheap
- Bottles of Water
- Light up credential (souvenir)
- Light up Fantasmic Cup (souvenir)

I could make this break even no problem, and he will love the goodies.

Question: Has there always been the category called "Enchanted Extras Collection"? or is this a new grouping/webpage/sales pitch?

I tried booking this morning for our February trip and it doesn't look like you can book past December. I've called WDW DINE and they have no idea, she didn't even know what it was.

Does anyone know if they are only having it until December or later bookings will open up eventually?

My guess is they will wait and see how well it books before deciding how far to open it up.

I'm looking forward to sitting a bit further up. We did the dining package last time and got wet from time to time and it was a chilly night. Then it took an age for us to exit.

Or maybe it's just for people like me who decided to book a "last minute" vacation and can't get any other ADRs. Apparently dessert parties are all we can get this time around. :rolleyes2

I heard about it tonight and booked it right away. In my mind the price is pretty justifiable, call it $15 for the alcoholic drink and souvenir cup, which we will happily enjoy, looks like at least $15 worth of desserts and snacks and $9 for reserved VIP seating, sounds like a deal to me! I'm loving the idea of not having to search for a seat or get there early. I am a fan in general of paying extra though for the improved experiences, I've also booked the Frozen party and the Happily Ever After party. We stay at a value resort so I happily take the money I've "saved" by not staying at a moderate or deluxe and put it towards things like this.

Someone posted on a Facebook group that their confirmation email said the seating is in the first few rows, so they might get wet. Has anyone else seen that?

Someone posted on a Facebook group that their confirmation email said the seating is in the first few rows, so they might get wet. Has anyone else seen that?
Not part of my confirmation email - doesn't mention anything about seat location. Although interested to hear where the seats actually are...

I also heard the seats were in the front, not the VIP section up top. Instead of the snacks, they should of done a package to hold last minute seats at fantasmic for those who want to see the fantasmic show on a night of jingle bell jingle bam or the star wars fireworks where its impossible to see both shows in the same night. I would of paid for that instead of having to do 2 days at DHS just to catch both shows. Maybe having a reserved section for the fireworks where they can walk guests quick to fantasmic without having to fight the crowds and then a reserved section in the theater.

Looks like you have to check in around an hour before fantasmic with this new dessert package. Doesn't really save any time. I usually stake out a spot about 45 minutes before show time anyway. Guess I'll wait for some reviews to see if this is worth it.

I've just thoroughly read my confirmation email. It says to check in at 7:30, according to the schedule Fantasmic is at 8:30. I take that to mean that is when the check in starts but I don't think that means you can't check in anywhere between 7:30 and say 8:15. The prepared food and beverage will be available at the Hollywood Amphitheater Courtyard. Guests should proceed through the theater Fast Pass + entrance to the event location. After picking up food and beverage, Guests will proceed to the theater seating, which is located in the first couple rows of the theater. Guests may get wet in this section. 1 day cancellation. I don't really care where my seat is as long as it's half decent, I would imagine they must be ok seats or they would have to contend with a whole boatload of complaints because I imagine the main reason people book this is for the reserved seating. I'm not doing it until November so I will be able to read a few reviews I'm sure before I decided if I'm going to stick with it.

I've just thoroughly read my confirmation email. It says to check in at 7:30, according to the schedule Fantasmic is at 8:30. I take that to mean that is when the check in starts but I don't think that means you can't check in anywhere between 7:30 and say 8:15. The prepared food and beverage will be available at the Hollywood Amphitheater Courtyard. Guests should proceed through the theater Fast Pass + entrance to the event location. After picking up food and beverage, Guests will proceed to the theater seating, which is located in the first couple rows of the theater. Guests may get wet in this section.

So it is in the front. I do like those seats, may have to consider this!

I've just thoroughly read my confirmation email. It says to check in at 7:30, according to the schedule Fantasmic is at 8:30. I take that to mean that is when the check in starts but I don't think that means you can't check in anywhere between 7:30 and say 8:15. The prepared food and beverage will be available at the Hollywood Amphitheater Courtyard. Guests should proceed through the theater Fast Pass + entrance to the event location. After picking up food and beverage, Guests will proceed to the theater seating, which is located in the first couple rows of the theater. Guests may get wet in this section. 1 day cancellation. I don't really care where my seat is as long as it's half decent, I would imagine they must be ok seats or they would have to contend with a whole boatload of complaints because I imagine the main reason people book this is for the reserved seating. I'm not doing it until November so I will be able to read a few reviews I'm sure before I decided if I'm going to stick with it.

Well hopefully it's not as chilly as it was in December when we sat close. :D I'll remember our fleece throw again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter