FANTASMIC DESSERT BUFFET

No, the dessert buffet is *not worth* $42. Yes, being able to sit on the balcony in the best seats in the land is worth MORE than $42, IMHO. I guess it might depend on how much you like dessert, though!! They did taste pretty good. I would have eaten more, but I was holding my sleeping four year old! We will definetly do it again, and again, whenever we are at DL. :D

I posed a similar question a couple of weeks ago...about an expensive dessert! HOWEVER, if you look at what it really is, a front row seat to one of the best shows, then you can defintely justify the cost! The desserts is just the 'icing on the cake'. We are hoping to get tickets for these seats in May and see Fantasmic in a lot more comfortable and time-saving way (not having to camp out for hours for a seat), and especially with younger ones - that's important!

Geri,
You have to stand in line at the Guest Service window outside of DL, we have seen this 2 times the last time we got tickets it was rained out and had to get a refund.
My Husband shows up there approx. 2 hours before the park opens and stands in line with the other nutty people at that time of the am... It is worth it to get the tickets ( if you can).
it is based on a first come first serve basis and there is no other way to get these tickets. Believe me we have tried... Good luck.. Renee :rolleyes:

Is that two hours before early entry park opening or posted park opening? My family and I will be going to Disneyland for spring break and would really like to get these tickets. We've been to Disneyland 3 times before this trip and have always had to camp out on the ground for two hours before show time. The kids really didnt like this part of our trip, and everytime one of us would get up to use the restroom or get food other people would sqeeze into our saved spots.

The last time I was in Disneyland Fantasmic was down. I've seen Fantasmic in WDW and was not impressed. I quickly became tired of the video on the water effect. If I wanted to watch a Disney video, I would not have waited 1.5 hours. I will be going to DL again this April (for my birthday). Is Fantasmic better at DL than WDW? Is there more action and less ... mist?

-- Robin

We love Disney,
Yes, that would be 2 hours before the early entry...
My Hubby doesn't really enjoy the whole experience of the wait but does it because our son didn't like the 2 hour wait during park hours..
It is worth the $$$$$...
Have a fun trip.
Renee

I may be biased because I love both Fantasmics. I especially love that WDW built a stadium for it, so that my 5' 2" body doesn't have to try to stretch to see what's going on. At DL, there is no seating area (aside from the Dessert Buffet). You basically have to find space to sit on the ground, or stand. Personally, we come right before the show starts and just find a place to stand.

Fantasmic at DL is definitely different. As I said, I like both of them in different ways. I've heard quite a few people say that they think DL's is better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter