Fantasmic crowds with nightly shows?

mom2rtk

Invented the term "Characterpalooza"
Since Fantasmic is showing nightly for a while, I'm curious how the crowds are. We used a dining package on a busy weekend in December and were glad we did. But I have a friend visiting in a few weeks who wants to know if she needs a dining package on a weeknight.

That got me wondering. Are crowds down because it's available every night for a while? Or are they still high because there's no fireworks or parades?

The short answer is yes, the tickets are still in demand. I don't know that you NEED a viewing package for a weeknight viewing, but if you don't get a dining package plan to get tickets first thing in the park, and line up early.

We just returned from Monday-Friday in the parks with Fantasmic showing every night. I tried to get tickets on three occasions (Monday, Thursday, and Friday). Monday I went to try to get tickets around 11. It was my first day in the park and I hadn't planned to try until later in the week but then realized maybe we should try to go that night thinking crowds might have been lower due to the rain. All tickets were gone at 11. Then on Thursday I tried again to get a fast pass, but we were late getting there because we had a breakfast reservation at Plaza Inn. The park opened Thursday at 8:00 am, we had a reservation at 8:20, New Orleans Square opened at 9:00 and I attempted to get tickets at 10:00 but they were all gone. Friday I knew they would last longer because there were two shows. We were in DCA that morning, but I left at 11:00 to get the tickets and this time I was able to get tickets for the second show. They tickets directed us to line up at Mark Twain Riverboat at 10:00 PM. We went immediately after the first show at 9:30 and lined up. They led us over to the viewing area at around 9:55 and then we were instructed our area was a seated area and we would have to sit down on the ground. I was surprised by this as I had heard all the free viewing areas were standing room only, though sitting on the cold hard ground for an hour wasn't that easy either. Lining up immediately following the first show we were able to get front row viewing in our section which was just to the right of the preferred dining area.

The short answer is yes, the tickets are still in demand. I don't know that you NEED a viewing package for a weeknight viewing, but if you don't get a dining package plan to get tickets first thing in the park, and line up early.

We just returned from Monday-Friday in the parks with Fantasmic showing every night. I tried to get tickets on three occasions (Monday, Thursday, and Friday). Monday I went to try to get tickets around 11. It was my first day in the park and I hadn't planned to try until later in the week but then realized maybe we should try to go that night thinking crowds might have been lower due to the rain. All tickets were gone at 11. Then on Thursday I tried again to get a fast pass, but we were late getting there because we had a breakfast reservation at Plaza Inn. The park opened Thursday at 8:00 am, we had a reservation at 8:20, New Orleans Square opened at 9:00 and I attempted to get tickets at 10:00 but they were all gone. Friday I knew they would last longer because there were two shows. We were in DCA that morning, but I left at 11:00 to get the tickets and this time I was able to get tickets for the second show. They tickets directed us to line up at Mark Twain Riverboat at 10:00 PM. We went immediately after the first show at 9:30 and lined up. They led us over to the viewing area at around 9:55 and then we were instructed our area was a seated area and we would have to sit down on the ground. I was surprised by this as I had heard all the free viewing areas were standing room only, though sitting on the cold hard ground for an hour wasn't that easy either. Lining up immediately following the first show we were able to get front row viewing in our section which was just to the right of the preferred dining area.
When there are 2 shows, part of the dining package section gets turned over to fastpass for the second show. Those are the two or three sections of people that are seated in the FP viewing area.

Hi everyone, now that Fantasmic has been showing nightly for a while, is their any update regarding the crowds? I am visiting on a Weds and Thurs night Feb 7th-8th. I'd like to know if people still have to stake out viewing 2 hours in advance.

Here now. Monday the tickets were gone within an hour and a half of park opening. Yesterday it was solid people. We are seeing it tonight with a Blue Bayou package. The only thing I can guess is that with such an early showing—7:45–and no other real big entertainment options, everyone at the park is going to see it each night.

If you want a good or even a decent seat, get the dining package. If you want a view from one of the far sides, standing room only, probably behind a tree or light pole, just get the FP. Disneyland has unfortunately turned F! into a cash cow. Spend the money ....or enjoy the show a lot less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!