• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic Balcony Seating Pictures

Help, planning for 2006. How do the Haunted mansion seats compare, is the view better??? I am going on an adult only trip next April.

thanks!

Scanmom- we have 6 in our family and find the Park hotels extremely expensive over a good offsite. Any suggestions on how to stay at DLH or GC on a moderate budget.

Thanks

PatMcDuck said:
Help, planning for 2006. How do the Haunted mansion seats compare, is the view better??? I am going on an adult only trip next April.

thanks!

I've done both balcony and riverside and actually perfer riverside as you experience the show more than just watching it. Your view is slightly off center, but you are right in front of one of the water screens, so you don't miss anything. Plus you can still see everything going on up on the main stage.

While I can see where large families could not justify the cost, it is just my son and I and each trip we choose to either splurge on a character meal of Fantasmic seating. If we don't go for the Fantasmic seating, we usually won't see the show on that trip. I absolutely refuse to waste 2-3 hours sitting on the hard pavement. But if we are in the area, we can usually grap a seat right next to the riverside seating as little as 45 minutes before the show. Just find the riverside seating (have your back to the Train Station) and head slightly to the left. Many people don't realize that you still have a decent view over here so it doesn't fill up that fast. But lately some of the CMs have been directing folks over there.

We have only stayed onsite once....at the Paradise Pier Hotel, and we only had 5 of us on that trip. My oldest DS was working and could not get off to make the trip. We got a standard room AP rate of $59.00 for the Sunday night, then $79.00 for the M-TH nights. It was a good deal, and the hotel was nice, but I would not pay any more than that. Especially since they have closed the PPH entrance into CA. We were actually closer to the main gates when we stayed at Howard Johnsons. And the rooms were just as nice (I thought). Plus we got the entertainment rate of $49.00/ night, and got 2 rooms (we had all 6 of us on that trip). But even with only 5 in the PPH room, and we did have a daybed, it was kind of cramped. We did get to pool hop to the Neverland pool, which was kind of fun, but really not worth alot of $$'s. I would not pay to stay onsite at either the DLH or PPH, but if I got a decent rate I might splurge for the GCH. There are too many offsite hotels that are very nice and just as close, plus being offsite means eating more offsite on the walks to/from the parks, and I have not found any DLR eateries that are very good. I like eating at Mimi's and Millies.... both right on Harbour Blvd. :smooth:

any one know how long Fantasmic is? I might go for the second viewing.

Anybody have the phone number that I need to call to try my luck? We will be there next Friday and the Fantasmic is at 9:00 and fireworks are at 9:25 (only showings for both). I thought maybe if I got tickets at the dessert buffet I could possibly see both shows. Am I dreaming??? :rotfl2:

Bug's Mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter