Fantasmic arrival time & ending time

123SA

DIS Veteran
I have a Fantasmic dining package on 8/9. I confirmed that the FP+ is for the first show at 9pm.

1.) What time should I arrive at the path to Fantasmic?
2.) What time does the show it let out?
3.) Where does it let out? Will I be able to go directly to RNRC/TOT using the path I entered from near Beauty & the Beast or do I get pushed towards the park entrance and then have to fight the Star Wars crowds to get to Sunset Blvd?
4.) Star Wars show is at 10pm, 2nd show and park closing at 10:30. After Fantasmic 9pm show, is it reasonable to expect to be able to ride RNRC and TOT before the park closes. I am assuming I will not be able to snag a FP, but I'll try of course.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
First, it's not a FP+, it's a dining package. That means you can sit anywhere in the theater, but there is a reserved section in the middle for package people only, if they choose to sit there.

I would be at the path at least 30 min before the show, earlier if you want your best choice of seats.
Show is over at 9:30
I think you can go back down the same path, but if there is another F! that night, maybe not. Hopefully someone else has the answer for this one.
You should be able to do both of those. Choose the one with the shortest wait, do it, and then get in line for the other one. As long as you're in line before closing, you'll be able to ride. Remember RNR has a single rider line if you want.

You'll want to be at the theater a solid 45 minutes before the show if you want a good seat.

The show is 30 minutes long. If you wait to leave with the rest of the crowd, it'll take a while to get out. We've seen the show several times, so we start walking out as the finale starts and watch it as we're walking. But if you've never seen the show, then it's worth staying and watching from your seat.

They usually have two ways out. There will be CMs standing there with signs that have an arrow on them. People leaving will take the route toward the entrance, those going to see Star Wars fireworks will head back toward Beauty & the Beast. Frankly, the Star Wars crowd really isn't anything like HEA in MK, so not much to "fight" through. It's easy.

You should be able to do both ToT and RnR before the park closes. I'd do ToT standby and RnR via FP+...you should be able to get one.

Thank you.

Is the reserved section still the middle section?

And...it's not a FP+ which is a good point. But, do they give me a paper FP? What do I provide to be let into reserved seating?

(The 30-45 minute wait time is a bit disappointing.)

Thank you.

Is the reserved section still the middle section?

Map Below-
Arrows indicate the center of the seating.
Shaded areas:
(First or Only F! performance of the evening)
Cyan= Standby (walk-in) seating
Red= Dining Package Reserved
Blue= FP+ Reserved
Purple= Can be either FP+ or Dining Plan Reserved, depending on needs.

(Second or Third F! performance of the evening)

Red, Purple, Blue= FP+ Reserved
(Although much of the outer Blue will likely be used for Standby.)

F-Seating-West-FDP-FP_090715_zpsbgadk8q7.jpg

Map Below-
Arrows indicate the center of the seating.
Shaded areas:
(First or Only F! performance of the evening)
Red= Dining Package Reserved
Blue= FP+ Reserved
Purple= Can be either FP+ or Dining Plan Reserved, depending on needs.

(Second or Third F! performance of the evening)

Red, Purple, Blue= FP+ Reserved
(Although much of the outer Blue will likely be used for Standby.)

View attachment 337284

So it looks like using a Fp for this doesn’t really get you a great seat.

We went to Fantasmic a few weeks ago. We had a FP+ and arrived about 10 minutes before showtime. The timing was pretty good as we were ushered into the unfilled dining plan seating area.

Great seats with very little waiting is my kind of show.

So it looks like using a Fp for this doesn’t really get you a great seat.

As long as you arrive early (45-60 min.)
having a F! FP means that you THEN have the CHOICE of sitting virtually ANYWHERE in the entire arena,
except for one (Dining Pkg.) section.

Without having a FP you can only choose seats in about half of the arena, which can fill up pretty fast, especially the "best seats."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter