Fantasmic and Fireworks

RachelKS

Earning My Ears
Our trip is quickly approaching! We have a dinner and dining package for Fantasmic on May 13. Are there also fireworks that night or are the fireworks part of Fantasmic? If they are a separate thing, where would the best place for a wheelchair user to see the fireworks? I originally thought maybe we could stay in our spot after the show but if there are two shows we are booked for the first one. We would really love to see the fireworks, two trips to Disney World and I've never seen the fireworks. We will be at Disneyland from Sunday to Friday and the way I understand it the big shows are only going on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, none on the weekday nights since it is still off season. We also have a dinner and dining package booked for Paint the Night on May 18. Had been hoping to see World of Color also but out travel agent said it isn't running a that time. Something to look forward to if we make it back to California again.

The current fireworks are running nightly since they're special Pixar-themed fireworks for PixarFest. You can indeed stay in your spot after the first Fantasmic! and watch the fireworks - while not the most premium spot, they'll show projections on the Rivers of America, and it's a fine place to watch. As you may have read, the fireworks are often cancelled due to wind (Disneyland is surrounded by residential zones), so there's no guarantee that they'll happen, but you have plenty of nights to try for a viewing. Paint the Night is also running nightly. WOC isn't back until sometime in June.

The current fireworks are running nightly since they're special Pixar-themed fireworks for PixarFest. You can indeed stay in your spot after the first Fantasmic! and watch the fireworks - while not the most premium spot, they'll show projections on the Rivers of America, and it's a fine place to watch. As you may have read, the fireworks are often cancelled due to wind (Disneyland is surrounded by residential zones), so there's no guarantee that they'll happen, but you have plenty of nights to try for a viewing. Paint the Night is also running nightly. WOC isn't back until sometime in June.

Thanks! I think I'm going to shoot for Tuesday or Thursday night and try for a spot near Sleeping Beauty's castle if I can figure out the best spot for my husband to view from his chair. It is standing viewing otherwise I think. I don't mind going early to get a spot, I just don't know how early and where the best spot will be. I am super excited!

I think there are HC viewing areas for the fireworks in the different areas (should be at least one by the castle, might be one by IASW, might be one by ROA). Ask at the Information Kiosks (green umbrellas, CMs wearing plaid) earlier in the day where to be and approximately when you'll be allowed in. There also are HC viewing areas for the parades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter