Fantasmic and Fireworks

The Maughan's

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone!!
I need your help. We are going to DL Sept 18th - 23rd. Fantasmic and the Fireworks are only going to be shown on the Friday that we are there. Fantasmic is at 9:00pm and the Fireworks at 9:25pm. Will we be able to catch both or will it have to be one or the other. :confused3 If there is a way to see both....please let me know what to do. We have never been to DL before and I REALLY wanted to see both shows.
Thanks so much in advance for your help!! :) :)

Yes, you can watch both. You just watch the fireworks from where you watch Fantasmic. You can see all of the blasts from there and if you sit center, you can see Tinkerbell fly. Do not try to get to Main Street because there's only 2 minutes in between and there's no way to get over there in that amount of time (believe me, I've seen people try it). Also, note that the fireworks have been cancelled a lot lately due to "winds of higher elevations," so you are best to pick Fantasmic if it comes down to doing one or the other just in case it happens to be too windy on that particular evening.

As much as I would like to recommend the Remember Dreams Come True fireworks, in your case I would agree with Jen that it is best to see Fantasmic. No one can know for sure ahead of time if the fireworks are going to be cancelled, but if one did know they were definitely going to be performed I would recommend seeing the fireworks because the show is just so fabulous. But the risk of cancellation makes me agree with Jen.

Thanks so much for the info......we will make sure we get good seats for Fantasmic and then see what we can of the fireworks. You guys are awesome!!

I haven't been to Disneyland in over five years, and back then I was more interested in the rides than the parades and fireworks. Now, I lean the other way and am wondering the best place to watch the fireworks. I'll be there there 9/29 - 10/1 and will be watching Fantasmic on a different night than the fireworks. Anybody care to share their favorite vantage point?

teriGSF said:
I haven't been to Disneyland in over five years, and back then I was more interested in the rides than the parades and fireworks. Now, I lean the other way and am wondering the best place to watch the fireworks. I'll be there there 9/29 - 10/1 and will be watching Fantasmic on a different night than the fireworks. Anybody care to share their favorite vantage point?
I am similar to you, we never used to make time for fireworks or shows. Fantasmic changed all that, and we started to get hooked on Disney shows and (now) parades.

With Fantasmic, it is best to go to the late 10:30PM show when they have it. I am not sure the vantage point is all that important. I have seen it from a number of points. If you can get to the 10:30 show, it is fairly easy to get a spot down in front near the water in the center. This is a sitting area, and is a nice place to be if you have kids with you.

As far as Remember fireworks, you really want to see it from the hub. It is imperative that you have an unobstructed view of the castle. IMO if you get to close to the castle, it is harder to see the fireworks behind the castle. I like being on the non-castle side of the hub for that reason. The best spot from which I have seen them can be understood by thinking of the hub as a clock with the castle at 12:00. I liked the spot at the 7:30 position, sort of near the Adventureland entrance but in the street of the hub.

I also recommend following "HydroGuy's Fireworks Rule" - www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199851

If you are more interested in seeing Fantasmic really well than getting a great vantage point for the Fireworks, I highly recommend the dessert buffet reservations for Fantasmic.

Fantasmic at DL is soooo much better than the one at WDW. The show is simply incredible.

We got the Disney Gallery balcony seating when we were there in May, and some friends who visited in June got the preferred seating down near the water. Both places were great for viewing and you get a delicious dessert buffet as well.

However, as another poster said, you cannot get to Main Street to see the fireworks from there - between the crowds and the short timing it is just impossible. And Main Street is really the best location for viewing the fireworks. I don't know how well you can see the "pirate battle" between the castle and Matterhorn and other really cool effects if you are not on Main Street.

So, if there is more than one showing of Fantasmic and you can work both around, that is my two cents...

Have a great trip!

I'm practically rubbing my hands in anticipation! Thanks for the help you guys!

Great visual, HydroGuy, I'll definitely be at 7:30 on the hub for fireworks. I unknowingly managed to follow rule number one for fireworks viewing as I had already scheduled it for our first night (see, it's right here on my Excel spreadsheet . . . I know, NERD!).

Oh, and cmwilson523, despite my spotty memory these days I remembered to call yesterday for Fantasmic! buffet seating and got them for our last night. I feel lucky I got seats since everything I've read on the boards implore you to call at the 30-day mark since these sell out. I was sweatin' that call, let me tell you, since I'd told everyone that this was the way to go and had put myself in charge of making reservations. Now I'll spend the rest of September praying to appease the high-wind gods that the show doesn't get cancelled.

And now I'm off to read the rest of HydroGuy's Rules. Man, I love these boards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter