Fantasmic and Fireworks viewing outside DL?

Sassagoula

Mouseketeer
I'm having problems with the search feature on here, so I apologize in advance if this has already been asked.

I saw the September schedule on the Disneyland website, and noticed that the fireworks and Fantasmic are playing on days that I wasn't planning on going to the park. I normally would switch the days around, but I'm running the 1/2 marathon and don't want to waste days on my pass when I won't be able to spend a full day there. Is there anywhere in the outside area where either show can be at least partially viewed, possibly Downtown Disney? This is my first visit to DL so I'm not familiar with the layout of the area.

Thanks!!

I know we were able to see some of the fireworks outside the park, from our hotel room window at the Tropicana. That was cool, but you can't hear the soundtrack which accompanies the fireworks. The soundtrack makes it very special.

As for Fantasmic, there's no way to see it outside the parks. It takes place on and around Tom Sawyer Island.

You can see some of the fireworks from Downtown Disney or some of the hotels, but not all of the visual and sound effects and Tinkerbell flying, which add so much to the show. You can not see Fantasmic from anywhere outside the park.

It sounds like you understand this, but just to be clear the "fireworks" part of the Remember Dreams Come True show are at most 10% of the show. The lasers, lighting, other special effects, and sound is what makes the show what it is. To just watch the fireworks is sort of like watching a movie with the sound turned off. You will get an idea of what is happening, but you will miss out on the full effect.

If I were in your shoes, frankly I would skip the fireworks if I could not see them properly. But if I just had to see them from outside the park, then DTD is as good a place as any. You can also see them a bit from the plaza right outside the DL gates.

Have a good trip.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought. Oh well! It looks like I'll be missing a lot of good stuff this trip (Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, Aladdin...) so now I have an excuse to go back again! :)

Just saw the fireworks from the plaza between DL and CA. An impressive display, and costs nothing.

Have fun running the 1/2 Marathon. My DW did the one at WDW in January, and will do the one at DL.

Woody

You can get an awesome view of the fireworks at Downtown Disney by the ESPN Zone. We also watched the fireworks on Friday in between Disneyland and California Adventure. Yes, you miss the whole story that goes along with the fireworks when you watch them outside of the park but they are still as spectacular when you are outside of the park.

We got poor seating one night to the fireworks but it was still great! Another night, we watched from our room at DLH, it was good too... but not as good. This trip, it will be a PRIORITY to get there early and get good seats. It was really spectacular. You shouldnt miss it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter