Family Vacay June 2021-Animal Kingdom or another resort

mrs_coco

Earning My Ears
Ok, I am sure this question has been asked 1000x, but I have been searching for clarification. Is there any guidance/clues as to when Jambo will open?

We are planning a multi-generational family vacation for June 2021-2 parents, 2 kids, 2 grandparents. We are trying to decide on a resort, and are leaning towards Animal Kingdom Kidani, but are unsure since nothing is open at Jambo House. My parents do not go to the parks, but they enjoy getting up and going to breakfast and strolling the resort-but if there is nothing open that's not too much fun.

We love OKW but without a guarantee that we can get a first floor room, since Grandmom is in a scooter, it is pretty much off the table. We have stayed at SSR many times, but the last time the room was terrible (bugs, broken furniture, busted tub) and we would prefer to stay away until the rehab is complete.

Any suggestion on a resort with resturant/shoping options would be appreciated.
Thanks!

There is no guidance on Jambo reopening. I would expect it to be the last Deluxe to reopen. It's the largest of the still-closed resorts, and never was assigned a reopen date. Not even a shifting one. The transport, especially, is a big expense of reopening Jambo entirely. Given that they have numerous open resorts that are mostly empty yet, Jambo just won't be a priority, and I would not expect it open before Poly finishes refurb and opens.

Have you considered BRV or CCV? Because of the dual DVC there it has more open than most resorts, and is very nice to stroll and sit by the lake. There are elevators for Grandma.

There is no guidance on Jambo reopening. I would expect it to be the last Deluxe to reopen. It's the largest of the still-closed resorts, and never was assigned a reopen date. Not even a shifting one. The transport, especially, is a big expense of reopening Jambo entirely. Given that they have numerous open resorts that are mostly empty yet, Jambo just won't be a priority, and I would not expect it open before Poly finishes refurb and opens.

Have you considered BRV or CCV? Because of the dual DVC there it has more open than most resorts, and is very nice to stroll and sit by the lake. There are elevators for Grandma.
Thank you! Many good points, and to be honest I always forget about Copper Creek/Boulder Ridge!

All of the preferred views are completed at SSR, so you could go that route. My other recommendation would be something on the monorail. That way, they could hop on the monorail and go to one of the other resorts and wander around there.

Totally agree with recommendation for Copper Creek & Boulder Ridge. Easy boat ride to Contemporary as well for those not wanting to do parks and the being able to sit outside & eat at Geyser Point is a huge plus!

Totally agree with recommendation for Copper Creek & Boulder Ridge. Easy boat ride to Contemporary as well for those not wanting to do parks and the being able to sit outside & eat at Geyser Point is a huge plus!
The boats to CR are not yet running, so hard to say if/when that happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter