Family Talent Show timing and rules

skippybosco

Earning My Ears
I'm scheduled for the Marvel at Sea cruise next week on the Magic. I was reviewing last years itinerary and saw there is a talent show for the evening of Day 5.

1. Are the rules posted somewhere as far as age, what is / is not allowed and how long you have to perform, etc.

2. What time is the Talent show usually? The navigator indicated it didn't start till 9:45pm which is a bit late for those of us with younger kids.
Thanks for any information you can provide.

I'd also like to know more about the talent show. My son and his family are very musical and will probably want to perform. His girls are 6 and 8, so I'm hoping the time isn't too late in the evening!

The last 2 cruises I was on, both on the Magic, they did not have the talent show. Although my family did not participate, we liked going and watching others.

We've found that they only do the talent shows (family and/or crew) on the longer cruises. We're on the WBPC in 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure it's on the schedule for that cruise. Last time we saw it was on the EBTA on Magic three years ago. The crew one (which was amazing) was in the WDT.

The family one was in D Lounge and was pretty small and low key. You got about 5-7 minutes each and if you wanted music, you had to provide it. The sound tech can hook your iPhone or whatever up to play it. We were only there for a few minutes - it was all 12 year old girls butchering Taylor Swift songs! I've heard that other shows have had more "diversity" in the nature of the acts...

If you see the talent show on your itinerary, check it out and sign up!

Cheers!

We have had the talent show on every sailing that has been 7 nights or longer, the most recent one for us being the Fantasy in 11/2018. It has always been pretty informal, only a few acts, small audience - mostly the families of the participants.

Edited to add: On all of our sailings it has been at 7:45, in between the 2 dinner seatings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!