Family room and swimming attire questions

Alexandra IA

Earning My Ears
hello. My friend is planning her first trip to dlp. She had a couple of questions I don’t have the answers to so I’m sure this is the place to find them ☺️
- She has a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children). Do the special offers when booking apply to family rooms?

- are there any restrictions to the swimming attire allowed in the disney hotels or partner hotels? Her DD is a teenager and uncomfortable wearing swimming suits without shorts over them. Would she have a problem doing that?

Thanks for your help
Alex

The family rooms are usually excluded from all special offers, unfortunately... Not all hotels have them and the're not many, so if she's looking to stay in one of the Disney hotels she should call and ask about availability (and prices) as soon as possible. Some of the partner hotels also have big rooms (like the Explorers), at much more reasonable prices. She can have a look at those online, places like Expedia have them (usually with and without park tickets)

For the pools, the French have some annoying rules and most pools won't accept men wearing swimming shorts (they have to wear the speedo-like stuff), but to be honest I don't know if they apply that to women as well... I'd say they probably apply to both men and women. However the Disney hotels pools don't follow the same rules, so shorts (again, for men) are accepted.

I’d recommend the Marriott time share for a family of 5. It was perfect

The family rooms are usually excluded from all special offers, unfortunately... Not all hotels have them and the're not many, so if she's looking to stay in one of the Disney hotels she should call and ask about availability (and prices) as soon as possible. Some of the partner hotels also have big rooms (like the Explorers), at much more reasonable prices. She can have a look at those online, places like Expedia have them (usually with and without park tickets)

For the pools, the French have some annoying rules and most pools won't accept men wearing swimming shorts (they have to wear the speedo-like stuff), but to be honest I don't know if they apply that to women as well... I'd say they probably apply to both men and women. However the Disney hotels pools don't follow the same rules, so shorts (again, for men) are accepted.

Thanks i think her best bet is to call and see what rooms they can offer her. I read on another site that Explorers does enforce the speedo rule.
Thanks again

Thanks i think her best bet is to call and see what rooms they can offer her. I read on another site that Explorers does enforce the speedo rule.
Thanks again

Yes, I can confirm that Explorers does enforce the speedo rule, they even sell some for those that come unprepared...

I didn't realize that there was a rule regarding swim shorts for men. I'm glad they accept them in the Disney hotels since we are staying onsite and neither my husband nor my son have any speedo type swim trunks, nor would they ever wear one.

I wonder why other hotels wouldn't allow it. It would be less revealing.

I didn't realize that there was a rule regarding swim shorts for men. I'm glad they accept them in the Disney hotels since we are staying onsite and neither my husband nor my son have any speedo type swim trunks, nor would they ever wear one.

It’s to do with hygiene... if I understand it right, the theory is that men can wear their shorts elsewhere, as normal shorts, then get in the water with them... no matter how dirty they are :confused3

It’s to do with hygiene... if I understand it right, the theory is that men can wear their shorts elsewhere, as normal shorts, then get in the water with them... no matter how dirty they are :confused3

I'm not sure I would agree with their theory...I'm definitely with you on this one :confused3

And being used to the swim shorts, I find those speedo trunks very unsightly :scared:...or perhaps that's just me.

My husband who's a bigger guy is not liking the idea of squeezing into a pair of speedos. I don't think our kids want to see it either, let alone our boys wear them too. Having swam competitively as a teen I'm comfortable with it, but don't envision my family visiting the pool too often.

hello. My friend is planning her first trip to dlp. She had a couple of questions I don’t have the answers to so I’m sure this is the place to find them ☺️
- She has a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children). Do the special offers when booking apply to family rooms?

- are there any restrictions to the swimming attire allowed in the disney hotels or partner hotels? Her DD is a teenager and uncomfortable wearing swimming suits without shorts over them. Would she have a problem doing that?

Thanks for your help
Alex

My husband who's a bigger guy is not liking the idea of squeezing into a pair of speedos. I don't think our kids want to see it either, let alone our boys wear them too. Having swam competitively as a teen I'm comfortable with it, but don't envision my family visiting the pool too often.

I would suggest to check with the hotels, I have read several reports on other pages, where the guests say they didn't have to wear speedos and that it only is a rule for public swimming pools, not hotel swimming pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter