Family Rhine vs Seine

goodcat

Earning My Ears
OK, here is another possibility I’m going considering: family river cruise down the Rhine River versus the seine river.

My kid and I have been to both central Europe (the specially Germany) and Paris. However, we are looking for a more relaxed and less structured experience than the land tours. We have previously enjoyed river cruise on the Danube River and the German Christmas market.

The only thing that gives us pause about the Seine cruise is that it starts and ends in Paris. It seems redundant to go up and down the same river. However, we are really interested in seeing the Normandie DD beaches and war memorials.

Any opinions?

The Rhine was our last cruise and the Seine is definitely on our list. On both of our Amawaterways cruises there were things that were so pretty I wished that we could have turned around and seen them again. Having the cruise go up/down the same river might be a benefit!

The Rhine definitely wins between these two with my family. My oldest DD has wanted to do the Rhine for the past few years already and says it will be our big family trip when she graduates (in 3 years!).

I think that you just need to decide what seems more interesting to you.

My DD and I loved the Rhine last year and we booked the Rhone for next. I agree that looking at the excursions and considering what else in the vicinity you would like to visit may help you make a difficult decision. Also, maybe consider the Rhone as perhaps you could visit Normandy on your own before it starts and then you would end in the south of France (which seems would be new for you).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!