family of all different ages-- HELP!!!!!!

klacey1

DIS Veteran
hello everyone-- i am in urgent need of help!
this august (20-25th), me, my 19 yr old daughter, sister-in-law and her 2 kids (11 and 8) and her two nieces (12 and 13) are going to orlando! my daughter and i have been 3 times-- the last time with my sister in law's 11 yr old (she was 9 at the time), but my sil and her other kid, plus her two nieces have never been.
there is an extreme difference in ages and interests.
my daughter and i, as well as the 11 yr old, love thrill rides of all kinds-- our favorite parks are islands of adven, universal, and hollywood studios.
however, my sil is deathly afraid of such rides, and her 8 yr old mostly likely is as well...and her other nieces will probably stick with whatever she wants to do.
english is my sil's 2nd language, and although she speaks perfectly, she still feels a bit uncomfortable and would not want to go to a park by herself with kids.
what is the best way to split up our 5 days in orlando?
universal and islands are a must, and my daughter/niece are itching for hollywood studios and sea world (although i could skip both of those).
my daughter is also a huge magic kingdom fan, and she keeps pointing out that for those kids whose trip this is the first, magic kingdom is a necessity. i'm not really a magic kingdom fan, though.
we're looking for 5 parks, 5 days...what's the best way to do it??
thanks!!

I'd probably stay on-site at Universal, being the front of the line access just seems SO valuable, especially for quick touring. I'd travel to seaworld and disney from there. Maybe on your first real day there, do MK (of course being there at opening), day 2 do both universal parks (I think you'd be able to do both with staying on-site, but maybe someone else knows better - in 2 weeks we'll be there for the first time). Day 3, do MGM or Seaworld. Day 4 MGM or Seaworld. Day 5 do whatever you feel you'd like to do again or didn't have enough time for.

At MK, plan out your morning hours well and be there at opening, and you'll be able to do lots. You can do everything in MK in one day, IF you plan it right. Don't forget to use the fast passes too. Same goes for MGM.

And if you're staying at Universal and it's open late, when you get back from your days at other parks, your sis-in-law can stay at the resort w/ some of the kids and you and the thrill riders can walk over to the 2 parks and hit some rides before closing. I think you'd get the most out of your 5 days this way. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter