family of 6 AKL deluxe?

tlhunter

Earning My Ears
:earsgirl: We are leaving on the 8th for 7 magical nights at AKL. I am getting a little nervous about room size. My kids are 13,9,3 and 1. We are reserved for a deluxe bunkbed concierge room. I can't wait. Tell me this is going to work???:confused: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Lauren

Hi Lauren,

If your 1 year old will sleep in a "pack & play" type crib, then yes. There are bunk beds (13 & 9 year olds), a day bed (3 year old) and a queen bed. The "crib" is just a small pack & play.

It will be hectic in the morning, with one bathroom, but there are two sinks, and a separate dressing area in front of the sinks.

My suggestion, if possible, is to have two people shower in the evening before bed, then they are set for the morning.

Good luck and HAVE FUN!! I love the AKL!

Karen

Don't forget BOMAs!

When I spoke with the staff they said I could request a regular crib, but I was wondering how big they are. I know DD would sleep better in it then the pack and play.

Any "regular" crib provided by any WDW hotel is basically a pcak "n play mattress placed in a small crib. It is the same size as the pack 'n play since my pack 'n play sheet fit right on it. If you want a full size crib, you'll have to rent that from an outside vender as WDW doesn't supply full size cribs. I've read good reviews of A Baby's Best Friend on the Family Board.

We stayed YC concierge in Sept and the crib we used for our 5 month old was a regular crib. It was metal and very nice. He slept great on it. I would think the other deluxes offered the same crib. I would call and ask. We have a family of 6 and our room was spacious. We were not running over each other and it worked out just fine.

AKL has pack n plays in all the rooms. I don't know how many "regular" cribs they have or what type they are.

At the Polynesian in September we had a wooden portable crib (on wheels) that was like a day care crib. It was fine, but really not any larger than a pack n play. Actually, we found DS slept better in the pack n play because he couldn't see as much as it is close to the ground. Does that make sense? The other crib was elevated above the level of the beds, so no light was blocked. His room is very dark at home, so we rolled him into the bathroom to help him sleep. :)

thanks for all the input. I am feeling better about the room. I do really hope that crib is a metal on e and not the smaller one. Any other suggestion would be great. I like the crib in the bathroom, but she sleeps in and we would all need the bathroom.

We stayed at POR last February. We requested a crib and received a Pack n' Play, they said that was all that they had. However we changed rooms that day because we needed connecting rooms and had to request another crib. That time we received the metal full size crib. So I guess they really had them. Call the resort ahead of time to find out.

We rolled him out of the bathroom after he fell asleep :) We needed to use it before our bedtime! In the pack n play at AKL & Beach club, he fell asleep in the room.

tlhunter-(or anyone else who knows!) How much does a deluxe conceirge room cost at AKL? And do discounts (such as codes )ever apply to these rooms? There will be six of us and I would love to stay at the AKL. Thanks!!

onemichelle, I don't know the cost (you can check on ourlaughingplace.com), but sometimes there are discounts, sometimes not.

I also just wanted to say that the rooms only hold 5 + 1 under 3 in a crib. You probably knew that, but I thought I'd mention it :)

Good luck finding a code rate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter