Family member may be unable to travel

KatHazz204

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We have booked for next year and one of our party has health issues and may be unable to travel with us at the time, however won't know until closer to the time. We booked direct through disney and have punched a package of hotel and tickets and have got the Disney Dining Plan with the package. My query is if the member of our party doesn't end up coming with us what will happen with the extra meal credits and ticket? Obviously the ticket is non transferable which is fine, I don't mind loosing the money for that, but can we still use the extra credits? Obviously hopefully this will not be an issue but just wondering just incase.

Thank you!

How close is close. If it is before 45 days you can always just remove them from the package and after for emergency situation you may be allowed to remove them as well.

If they can't come and you can't remove them you can actually transfer the ticket to someone else in MDE and anyone on the reservation will be able to use the dinning credits. Credits are not linked to the individual so it is possible 1 person could use everyone's credits.

If they can't come and you can't remove them you can actually transfer the ticket to someone else in MDE and anyone on the reservation will be able to use the dinning credits. Credits are not linked to the individual so it is possible 1 person could use everyone's credits.

We are staying with family first in Florida for a week which they hope to be able to do, but they won't know how their health will be or if they could cope with the Disney part of our trip until the day we actually go. I don't want to put pressure on them for a response either and make them feel they have to do anything.

Could the ticket be transferred for a future trip and we still have the dining credits to use then? There is also a possibility that they will come to the hotel and just stay around the pool rather than going to the actual parks, in which case transferring the ticket for a future trip would be amazing!

Generally when you purchase a ticket and it can go unused indefinitely, then once you enter a park you have to use the ticket within 14 days....if you decide not to go a park at all then you just save it for the next trip. That is way people will sometimes purchase several tickets before a price increase. Last October we purchased a ticket for my BIL 90% sure he could make it....but if not we would have just left on his MDE account and he would have activated it the next trip. Disney no longer sells a non-expiring ticket. Folks would buy a 10 days ticket non expiring and use it on multiple trips.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!