Family Magic Tour for DS5 b'day?

Yzma and Kronk

<font color=darkcoral>I survived the Pie-fest<br><
Considering doing Family Magic Tour for DS's 5th birthday (on the actual day). He is a big Captain Hook Fan. A couple of questions:
- would this be a good idea for b-day? (we'll also be doing a character meal on that day - haven't decided which one yet)
- Can you actually book the Captain Hook Tour, or is it whatever one they are running that day (I read there is two different ones)
- Does anyone know how many people they accept on each tour?
- Any comments/reviews from anyone recently on this tour....
Thanks very much!

I am ashamed to admit that I have never experienced any of these tours and don't know the answer to your question. So....
I'm going to bump this back to page one for you and hopefully some of our veterans will have an answer for you.

Katholyn

Thanks for the bump......
I'm thinking that tours aren't very popular for experienced Disney veterans......
Anyone??

The tour would be great for a birthday treat as long as the adults in the group are playful and can get into the spirit of it. You can "book the hook" because the tours run at different times. When we took it, we encountered Hook twice from a distance but were not up close and personal. The main character interaction that day was with Jasmine which suited my DD just fine but might not thrill your son as much. There are other postings about the tour on the boards, try a search.

I think it is a GREAT idea to do the tour on his birthday. I know he will Love it, as will you. It was one of the best memories I have of my many trips to WDW. Between you and me (and everyone else who reads this) I think I had the best time of everyone! I fell in love with Magic Kindgom in 1998 and you get to see thinks nobody else would unless they took the tour. And cutting the line to get on a ride with a character!!! we were cool. ya we were.

We did this tour back in 2000 - our guests that day were Aladdin and Prince Charming - we did see Hook - as we walked by - our guide had us yell Codfish at him as we dashed by - but no time was spent with Hook

Thanks everyone! I think he'll love it - even if we don't see Hook!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!