Family-Friendly Bachelorette Party Ideas *With Kids*

sdk1231

DIS Veteran
Hi all - I'm looking for ideas/suggestions for a family friendly bachelorette party *with kids*. I'm traveling to WDW for my annual family-group trip to MNSSHP. Multi-generational, with me as the "senior" (alas... I'm not that senior, but senior-ish). Adults include myself, my CM daughter, the Bride to Be. Kids include my 17 year old daughter and my niece's kids, boy age 6 and girl age 10. We travel as a group at least once a year, leaving the "menfolk" at home, so this is not our first rodeo. We had our MNSSHP long-weekend planned for Aug 26-30. As it happens, my niece is now getting married 2 weeks later! I now want to surprise her with some "Bachelorette Party" stuff. I've got some ideas but could use some more. We always stay at the Grand or Poly, depending on the best deal. We're currently booked in a VGF 2 bedroom villa. We arrive on Friday Aug 26 and have the MNSSHP that night. We're planning a Resort Day for Saturday. Sunday we're doing DHS with Early Entry and Hoop De Doo at 4pm, probably going into MK after that. Since my daughter is a CM and lives in FL she's going to do grocery delivery to the Villa for us, and we'll eat most meals in-room. "Bachelorette" Ideas I've got in mind or have discarded:

• Celebration Cake and Balloons in the room - definitely
  • Pontoon boat rental on resort day $45 - definitely
  • Cabana for resort day - I think it's unnecessary because VGF is right next to the beach pool
  • Trader Sam's with the whole group for a "toast to the bride to be" as soon as they open at 3PM on Sat so we don't have a super long wait - definitely
  • Drink at Enchanted Rose - definitely
  • MK Capture Your Moment photo session for the bride-to-be $79 - yes. PROPS? Wedding ears? Bachelorette sash? Or are those "out" or "corny"?
  • "I'm Celebrating" pin with "Getting Married" lettering done at the Christmas Shoppe in MK (looks really cute and my CM daughter can do ahead of time)
  • VIP Tour - no way, too expensive
  • Fireworks Cruise (pontoon) - I'd like to do this but have ruled it out since it's in $400 range. Will just watch fireworks from the resort on resort day.
  • MK Fireworks Dessert Party - I'd do Plaza View because I like the party, the designated viewing area and the view. Unfortunately, I tried to book at my 60 day and zero availability. Bummer.
  • "Fancy" CRT dinner in lieu of Hoop De Doo. Could do, but we've all been to CRT and BOG multiple times, have never done Hoop as a Group and it could be fun. Undecided.
Any other fabulous ideas? I'm a Haunted Mansion fan and would LOVE to make the bride-to-be dress as Constance (The Bride) for the Halloween Party with the rest of us in HM costumes or at least tee-shirts. But I don't know if I could pull that off!

Wow, how exciting, congrats to your daughter! It sounds like you've got a ton of already amazing ideas. The capture your moment would be a must but is she ok doing these solo or will her fiancé be there? I love the idea but would not want a bunch of pics of myself. Maybe that's just me. I know a lot of ladies here in the south do solo photo shoots, that's not my vibe.

• Does she like riding horses? Maybe a rental at Fort Wilderness?
  • Did they bring back the adult make overs at GF, they had those adult princess makeovers but that might be gone post covid.
  • Maybe a spa visit at GF.

Wow, how exciting, congrats to your daughter! It sounds like you've got a ton of already amazing ideas. The capture your moment would be a must but is she ok doing these solo or will her fiancé be there? I love the idea but would not want a bunch of pics of myself. Maybe that's just me. I know a lot of ladies here in the south do solo photo shoots, that's not my vibe.

• Does she like riding horses? Maybe a rental at Fort Wilderness?
  • Did they bring back the adult make overs at GF, they had those adult princess makeovers but that might be gone post covid.
  • Maybe a spa visit at GF.
Great suggestions! Thank you! It's actually my 30-something niece who is getting married and the Capture Your Moment session will include some solo, some with her kids, and maybe a couple with the full group. "The guys" (my husband and her future husband) will not be with us. It's an annual "girls' trip" for us and our kids. I don't think adult princess makeovers are back, but as an alternative, I could possibly book a private "in-room" makeover before her photo session. Spa - another great idea - we could surprise her with a facial or mani/pedi. I probably wouldn't do a massage - they're super expensive at the GF Spa, although my husband loves them and says they're great. I hate massages, so I have to take his word for it. Horseback riding, I'll probably skip because we have horses in the family and I'm afraid it might be too hot for riding in FL at the end of August... earlier in the day might work.... that's one to think about. Thanks again for your great suggestions. Love them!

Even though your thread is from a year ago, planning a family-friendly bachelorette party at Walt Disney World is always a timeless topic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter