"Fake" Hair???

TiggerificSox

Halloween Disbride-to-be
Has anyone used any kind of "fake" hair for their wedding day? I just got the cutest haircut and I really want to maintain it! The only problem is it's pretty short. I hate long hair on me... so the thought of growing my hair for 6 months doesn't work for me.... but I've always dreamed of my hair being in a gorgeous updo for my wedding!!! Any suggestions? Pictures would probably help too. Thanks bunches!:bride:

I haven't gotten married yet but I plan on having fake hair. My hair is already long but I want to add extensions for volume. I'm going to use the clip in ones and not the ones that you have to sew in.

How short is short? Back when I had about chin length, not overly layered hair, my stylist managed to get it back into a french twist and make it look like I had tons of hair! Now I've got a short bob, very layered style and I'm going with a thirties style wave and curl. If you can get your hair into a pony tail (no matter how small) a piece can be added realistically. Other than that, there's weaving in extensions, but remember you'll still have the short layers showing. Or do a half wig/hair piece that starts at a head band. Just go for human hair, synthetic can't be curled with regular heat or it will melt.

I'm not married, but my hair is super thin and fine, so I have used hairpieces when I need a lot of thick hair for an updo or ponytail for pageants or special events.

You can find hair pieces at beauty supply stores (Sally's), online (though you never know if you'll get the right color match, and shipping back for an exchange can get expensive), and at wig stores. I purchased my nicest one from a wig store (It's called K. Wig's, but it's a local store). They typically run $30-50. There are a lot of varieties to choose from. They typically come on big jaw clips (the best hairstylists will be able to work with whatever you find), some come attached around an elastic, and then I've seen some on banana clips. The jaw clips are the tightest and seem to hold the best. I suggest finding a texture that you like and a color that blends well with your own (always clip it on your head and stand in the sunlight to test color). If you think it's too long, you can always trim it.

With a good hairpiece, no one will be able to tell it's not your natural hair.

n569450012_5539079_2628.jpg

I'm wearing a hairpiece.... can you tell? (It's a little bit shinier than my natural hair, I think)

I suggest looking at Jessica Simpsons hair extension line with Ken Paves... A couple of girls at my work, myself included have her extensions and they are AMAZING!!!:goodvibes

I think if you do go with a fake hair piece try and buy human hair as mentioned before you cant use heat tools on the synthetic ones and I also recomend if you have your hair coloured to have the piece coloured the same I know you can get them in a variety of colours but its just safe to have it it the exact same.

I used hair pieces to give my hair a better up/down do...it was up in the front & sides but hung down loosely in the back. I purchased my extentions at the mall but could not really style it like they claimed I could (found that out day of wedding) no big deal as I was just looking to add more body. I typed in Wigs.com & you can get everything from real hair extentions to wraps, add on pieces etc. Good luck

I've heard extensions can cause bald spots? Is this true. I don't want to ruin my hair over this! I'm a little afraid of the clip in pieces falling out... lol.... silly fear, but I hope understandable. Do they really stay put???

I've heard extensions can cause bald spots? Is this true. I don't want to ruin my hair over this! I'm a little afraid of the clip in pieces falling out... lol.... silly fear, but I hope understandable. Do they really stay put???

They're really tight. But if someone grabbed and yanked really hard, then it probably would come out. Hopefully no one would be yanking the bride's hair though...

I'd suggest a clip-on if you're wearing your hair up and extensions if you're wearing your hair down.

I am a hairstylist, so my opinion on hair pieces comes from a different angle than most brides, but here it is anyways. I have always asked my brides that decided to grow out their short haircuts (btw...hair will only grow about 1/2 inch a month and still needs to be trimmed to look healthy) just for the wedding if they have worn their hair long in the past. If they answer yes, I encourage them to do whatever they think looks best on them; but if they answer no, I ask them if they want all the pictures and memories with a look they wouldn't normally have. I think you should do whatever makes you most comfortable with yourself for the big day, I am planning on doing some glued in tracks of extensions on my hair for my wedding, but only to lengthen my a couple inches and fill in where I have a lot of layers in my already long hair. So, hope I didn't overwhelm you...Good Luck figuring it out!!!:love:

I trainned in racoon hair extensions Only glue in hair extensions will make your hair fall out, and also will make your hair quiet knotty at the roots as you can not brush abouve the glue

Clip ins if you back combe the root a small section of hair about as wide as the clip and then clip the piece in to the extension it will stop it from sliding out

I am a hairstylist, so my opinion on hair pieces comes from a different angle than most brides, but here it is anyways. I have always asked my brides that decided to grow out their short haircuts (btw...hair will only grow about 1/2 inch a month and still needs to be trimmed to look healthy) just for the wedding if they have worn their hair long in the past. If they answer yes, I encourage them to do whatever they think looks best on them; but if they answer no, I ask them if they want all the pictures and memories with a look they wouldn't normally have. I think you should do whatever makes you most comfortable with yourself for the big day, I am planning on doing some glued in tracks of extensions on my hair for my wedding, but only to lengthen my a couple inches and fill in where I have a lot of layers in my already long hair. So, hope I didn't overwhelm you...Good Luck figuring it out!!!:love:

Im also a hairdresser and agree If some one has never had long hair before you may not like it one you I have always had shoulder lengths hair and when training doing hair extensions I hated the length on me around my face it looked too much

My hair was plenty long enough for my wedding, but I used extensions when I was a bridesmaid for a friend.

(I'm the one in the middle of the top pic - but the girl on the right also has extensions in)
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36218882&postcount=297

They were just the clip in ones and I thought they were great. They held their curl, and didn't move the whole day. I'd get them without hesitation if I needed them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter