Fairy Godmothers

zachary5

Earning My Ears
We will be visiting FW and staying in the cabins from 8/10-8/17. My DW and I are planning on using the Fairy Godmothers for one night so we can go out alone. Does anyone know the answers to the following questions:

1. Do they come to the Fort Wilderness cabins?

2. We have a 6 yr old and 9 yr old needing to be watched. However, we also have a mentally retarded 18 yr old who really doesn't need babysitting but is not able to babysit the younger ones. So, my question is would there be a problem with having the older child there while the fairy godmother is there?

3. How safe are these people? I am not comfortable leaving my children alone with a stranger usually but I have heard some good things about this program.

4. Do we need advance reservations or can we just call them a day or two prior to us needing them?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

We used Fairy Godmothers several years ago when we stayed at coronado springs. Wonderful people and service, really can't say enough good things I too am interrested to see if they come to campsite. We used them two nights and one day( we took the big kid to the h2o park and left the little ones behind) I don't have their number handy, but I'm sure you could phone them with all of these questions. Good luck

We're going to have a Fairy Godmother come the night hubby and I do MNSSHP on Oct 5 (grown-up night! hurray!).

The number is (407) 969-9847 and toll free 877-611-4314

Gertrude was the lady on call when I phoned--she told me to be sure and call again much later to the date.

We have a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old, the 5 is autistic. We've heard only great things about Fairy Godmothers, and I read at disABILITIES that they do a great job with special needs children. Regularly they charge $12 an hour for up to three kids, but since my son is autitic they charge $14.

There is also a transportation fee they charge, and you'll have to pick them up where registration is to take them to your cabin.

Basically for 6 hours it will cost me around $100 (which I thought was a little pricy) but I know they'll get wonderful care and darn it--me and hubby need some me-and-hubby-time on vacation :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the information you gave me. I will definitely have to call them and discuss the situation with them. I agree that some wife/hubby time alone is important because it is our vacation also so we are going to go for it. It may be pricey but I think it'll be worth it.

I'm sure everything will work out fine.

Be sure and let me know how your experience with them goes when y'all get back, just a couple more weeks to go for y'all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter