Fairy Godmothers, KinderCare In Room...

Lainy67

Mouseketeer
I am trying to plan one night where we take our eldest (10) out to the parks where we won't have to worry about our youngest (3) not being able to ride the rides.

I was wondering if anyone had any particular experience with Fairy Godmothers, the Disney KinderCare In room care (or whatever they call it now, I have seen several different names with Former Kinder Care listed next to them), or any other child care provider.

We want someone who will stay with our daughter from around 5 until e-night ends and we get back to the hotel... supposedly around 1 in the morning.

Can anyone give any advice? This will be the first time I do a babysitter I am not familiar with. Although she goes to daycare full time, this is a little different.

Thank You.

We used Fairy Godmothers last Friday while staying at CSR. DH was attending a conference there, and the Friday evening dinner/program was too late (and boring;) ) for DSs 4 and 6 to attend. I was definitely the nervous mom before she arrived. I couldn't imagine how I was going to enjoy the evening while elaving DSs with a stranger. However, our Fairy Godmother, Marguerite, was great. She arrived with literally a suitcase full of toys for DSs to play with while she was there. We scheduled her for 7pm to 11pm. She showed us identification upon arrival, and told us about herself. She happened to be a Disney employee during the day. She told us her rules, such as she would not leave the room unless there was an emergency such as a fire. She asked appropriate questions about the boys, such as bedtime, preparations for bed, etc. When we returned she was sitting in the dark watching tv with the sound off so she would not disturb the boys. I had given my 6 yo my cell phone and told him to call us on DH's cell phone if he had any "concerns". DSs said the sitter was "a lot of fun".

We used Fairy Godmothers this past March for our 18 month old daughter. I had seen several people post about Vera from Fairy Godmothers and how pleased they were with her babysitting their children. We requested Vera and she was great with our DD. She is British, soft spoken and was excellent with our DD. Our DD went right to her from the start and, as we left for our evening out, Vera was holding our DD and talking with her. Our DD didn't even notice us leaving! When we returned back to our room, DD was fast asleep and Vera was reading a book. We chatted for a while before she left and we gave her a generous tip. I wouldn't hesitate to use Fairy Godmothers again and we hope to ask for Vera to sit with our DD this November when we return to WDW.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter