Failed Reservations

Andie86

Earning My Ears
I logged on the last 2 mornings right at 7am (staying off-site so going day by day) and have failed at getting reservations at Sci-fi (lunch or dinner) and Be Our Guest (lunch). Sci-Fi being completely booked at the 180 day mark really surprised me. Is this normal? The other 2 reservations I'm attempting to get later in the week are O'hana and California Grill. My hopes of getting either of those is now quite low. Have reservations been harder to get recently? I don't feel like I've had this much trouble in the past. We're 3 adults traveling from 12/1 - 12/6.

I logged on the last 2 mornings right at 7am (staying off-site so going day by day) and have failed at getting reservations at Sci-fi (lunch or dinner) and Be Our Guest (lunch). Sci-Fi being completely booked at the 180 day mark really surprised me. Is this normal? The other 2 reservations I'm attempting to get later in the week are O'hana and California Grill. My hopes of getting either of those is now quite low. Have reservations been harder to get recently? I don't feel like I've had this much trouble in the past. We're 3 adults traveling from 12/1 - 12/6.
You have lots of time before your trip and people cancel all the time! I booked our upcoming August trip well within the 180 day mark and have been able to get ‘Ohana dinner and BOG lunch by using the free Touring Plans reservation finder. You’ll get them!

Yes. There are reporters of early December being more difficult think year.
SciFi and BOG are always hard to get

1. I logged on the last 2 mornings right at 7am (staying off-site so going day by day) and have failed at getting reservations at
2. Sci-fi (lunch or dinner) and Be Our Guest (lunch). Sci-Fi being completely booked at the 180 day mark really surprised me. Is this normal? The other 2 reservations I'm attempting to get later in the week are O'hana and California Grill. My hopes of getting either of those is now quite low.
3. Have reservations been harder to get recently?
4. We're 3 adults traveling from 12/1 - 12/6.
1. Online reservations open at 6 AM eastern time. Are you logging on at 7 AM eastern which would put you an hour behind or do you live some place where 7 AM would be the same as 6 AM in Florida? The reservation phone line opens at 7 AM eastern.

2. Those are 4 of the hardest reservations to get, but people change their plans all the time so there will be cancellations. Just keep checking back. Also, you can subscribe to the cancellation thread for December at the top of this forum, but be sure to read the rules in the first post. Another option many have had success with is the Touring Plans reservation finder.

3. It seems like reservations for your time frame have been more difficult lately.

4. The Disney reservation system has a quirk that makes it harder to book odd number reservations because the system wants to fill every seat at a table. It is known to bypass open tables when someone is looking for a party of three, but if you add a fourth person, often availability surfaces. You can book the table for 4, but you there is no penalty when you show up with 3. Try for 3 first, then try for 4 since at most restaurants you'll be seated at a table for 4, although a few restaurants, including 'Ohana have 3 tops. Everyone needs to be included so looking for a party of 2 will not work.

Good luck!

Last edited:

I'm not surprised. You are going a very busy time of the year and those with on site ressies scooped their ADR's up. Keep looking though, people do cancel or switch restaurants.

Keep trying. I was able to get Sci Fi a couple of months after my dining window opened up. I just kept searching off and on every hour or so.

I can tell you that BOG lunch is completely booked through December 6th. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try, though. I managed to get a lunch for a party of five on Dec 5th today in the afternoon. People are tightening up plans as they book.

I am with you! We are at the 180 mark today and not a single lunch reservation at BOG or SciFi for the days we had planned. I realize that there may be openings at a later date, but it is very frustrating for every reservation to be gone at the 180 day mark. I had tabs open for each restaurant at exactly 6:00am EST. I was able to get a few of the reservations I wanted but not on the day or time we had planned. Throwing fast passes in the mix later will only make it more chaotic.

I just finished my 180-day ADRs through 12/19/2019 and O'hana was still not available for any dinner times.

I just finished my 180-day ADRs through 12/19/2019 and O'hana was still not available for any dinner times.

We tried the same thing. My wife is disappointed but I do have a Touring Plans reservation finder request ot and 6 months can see a lot of cancellations.

i
I’m was having trouble getting Garden Grill and Trattoria al forno. We’re going the 12/7-12-15. I finally got the Garden Grill for 12/7, but Trattoria has been a problem. This happened in 2017, too. I ended up getting Trattoria a week later (after trying everyday several times a day). The fact that a lot of people seem to be having the same problem is actually comforting. Hopefully we all get what we want by the time we leave.

I cant score Sci fi for the life of me. We go Nov.28=Dec.9. I have a feeling it's going to be very busy.

Last edited:
I was able to get Sci Fi on Dec 19, but not exactly a good time. I’m hoping a better time comes available. Good luck to you all!

And just like that I scored Sci Fi for our last day at 4:40. All is well thanks to touring plans reservation finder!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter