Fabulous Fall: October W.I.S.H Goals

Heading home today, very happy about this although it has been a very good trip. The facility I'm at has been calm and organized and has been able to figure out most of their mistakes by themselves. At the other facility that went live it's a very different matter. I think it's a combination of this building having enough space to be set things up properly whereas the other building doesn't have room, plus the approach of the people running the show.

I love this area of the country, but haven't had a chance to do anything outside of work other than eat dinner. The route from the hotel to the building is a 20 minute drive thru back-roads which is lovely... at least when I'm making the drive during sunlight times! I won't have a chance to get in to the downtown historic district, but one of the other folks that's been here stayed at a hotel right on the harbor, so guess where I'm staying when I come back in November? Plus I'm going to try and come in early to have a personal adjustment day next time.

Eating has been off-track... during the day it's whatever they bring in. In the evening I've had salmon a couple times, plus very large strawberry margaritas... need to get my fruit servings in you know! I'm super tired and looking forward to sleeping in my own bed. Going back to the west coast getting up at 5am is going to feel like sleeping in because 5am here is 2am at home. Man, no wonder I'm tired!

I still owe an answer to my own question:

It is an area that I struggle with myself. I tend to spend too much time reading stuff on a screen and that is just not relaxing. But I have always had trouble to switch my mind off.

I actually find exercise relaxing. Going for a run is one of the best ways to blow stuff out of my brain. The repetitive nature of the running and the scenery when I am outside are really great for this.

I have tried yoga and other relaxation techniques in the past. I actually did one of the Yoga with Adrienne programs (on youtube) yesterday and it was great. I think I need to try to make time for something like this more regularly.

And finally, one way how I can relax quickly is by taking a hot bath. This works best in the colder times of the year, so is quiet perfect now!

Topic Thursday:

Often there is the opinion that tasty food is unhealthy and that healthy food does not taste good. But I think it is more of a myth than reality and it is a myth that often serves as a mental road block about making healthy food choices. It reinforces the idea that eating healthy means not being allowed certain foods, instead of focussing on the positive aspect of choosing food that tastes good AND is good for us!

sb10066792a-001.jpg

So, what are the foods that you choose to eat because you like them AND because they are good for you?

This is so true! I love seafood-shellfish in particular. I don’t even need the melted butter. And this time of year-pumpkin! I’m making a pumpkin pie this weekend-I’ll just cut the pieces a little smaller. Homemade applesauce with a little cinnamon sugar. I love those multi colored little tomatoes-I roast them with a little olive oil and onions and season them with garlic, oregano and basil. Sprinkle a little Parmesan on them when they come out of the oven.
Oh my-can you tell I like to eat?Luckily, I enjoy cooking as well!
:)

I do live
This is so true! I love seafood-shellfish in particular. I don’t even need the melted butter. And this time of year-pumpkin! I’m making a pumpkin pie this weekend-I’ll just cut the pieces a little smaller. Homemade applesauce with a little cinnamon sugar. I love those multi colored little tomatoes-I roast them with a little olive oil and onions and season them with garlic, oregano and basil. Sprinkle a little Parmesan on them when they come out of the oven.
Oh my-can you tell I like to eat?Luckily, I enjoy cooking as well!
:)
Those tomatoes sound yummy, I'll have to give that a try.

I'm home and slept soundly last night, in my own bed, with kitties on my head... hey, that rhymes. Today is catch up day, then over the weekend I am unplugging and I'm telling the whole team to do the same. Saturday I think I'm going to drive out to my favorite yarn store and then go to a pumpkin farm that has a corn maze. Sunday I have a hair appointment, so I might just do lunch and the neighborhood farmer's market.

I got on the scale this morning, and I'm only up three pounds, considering what's been going on, I'm OK with that. Over the weekend I'll get back on track and back to feeling better. Stress level is going to be much better because now we are only working two tracks - supporting production and finishing development on the last phase on the project, which realistically is going to be in production test mode thru the end of the year. I;ll have teo more trips.. one to Northern Calif and one back to Maryland, but neither trip should be as crazy busy as this one was.

Hope all have a lovely weekend.

Hello all! Hope everyone had a good weekend! And here we are-it’s another Monday!

My goals for this week are to stay within my maintenance points and to walk at least 5 days out of the next 7-and I should start getting better about drinking more water.

I am back home now and back to work. It has been rough getting back on the right time zone. Everything went good while I was gone. Really no reason for me to be as worked as I was. The conference was great and I learned a lot while I was there.

Last night I did get a walk in as I didn't wake up to go in the morning. This morning though I did get up and go for a walk. It was a quiet as I really was not awake. Then got to work and realized it was our anniversary. We do this every year since we had kids. We remember at some point during the day. At least we remembered before the end of the day. The first one after having DD was one of those. It was my first day back from maternity leave and remembered at about 5 that afternoon. No plans though tonight as DS has soccer practice.

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Anniversary, piglet1979!
I agree, anniversaries tend to take a back seat once you have kids! We did do something special on our 10th, but the year of our 25th our daughter was married and I can’t remember what we did for our 35th-
I hope you have a nice day whatever you decide to do!

Happy Anniversary, piglet1979!
I agree, anniversaries tend to take a back seat once you have kids! We did do something special on our 10th, but the year of our 25th our daughter was married and I can’t remember what we did for our 35th-
I hope you have a nice day whatever you decide to do!

Thank you! We did go to Amish county for our 10th a few years ago. It was our first time away from the kids for an extended period of time. This is our 14th so maybe I pull something together for our 15th next year. Just too many kids activities to work around so we will see. For our 20th I would like to go to Disney and renew our vows if we can. I would like the kids there so we may need to work around school.

The pace at work is still pretty hectic: I'm dead tired today, so it's going to be a challenge to keep up. Instead of having time to focus on supporting the functionality we just deployed, we're having to hustle to get the next phase launched. At least on the IT side every one knows there's just too much work and we're all suffering for it. And at least on the IT side the team is getting kudos for getting this phase of the project launched on time.

My eating still isn't back on track, and I'm sure that's contributing to feeling so exhausted today, well, that and actually being exhausted. I think I'm going to be traveling again early next week, but at least it'll just be down to California and just for a couple days, so no adjusting to a different timezone. I'd rather not go at all, but can't see a way out of it.

I don't have very many meetings today, so I'm hoping to have time to get non-project work done. It will be a delight to be able to settle into to something.

Wednesday Woo hoo-
The sun is shining, so I should be able to get out for my walk.
The hurricane will give us rain tomorrow and Friday, but I’ll take that over what those poor people in Florida will be getting.
And I’m getting my flu shot today!

Woohoo... I'm still standing. Kind of at least. It's pretty obvious now that I'm coming down with a cold, but if yesterday was that pre-being-really-sick-just-feeling-all-over-crappy day, this might not be a bad one. Knock on wood.

I'm not going to be traveling next week, yah to that. It'll be the week after, which I'm fine with.

I've gone back and forth about keeping or not keeping my November trip to Texas, and finally did decide to do it but was felling guilty about it. Until yesterday, when my counterpart PM on the BIZ side left for two weeks in Europe... mid-project. So I'm done fussing about it and will take the entire week, not just Weds thru Fri. So woohoo... my Texas vacation is coming up soon.

Last edited:
Woohoo for DISers keeping this thread going when I disappeared into a black hole due to work.

Sorry for that!! BUT big project ends tomorrow, so life is going to be improve and next week I am on vacation!! That’s worth a big woohoo, too!!

Lots of woohoos for me this week. Since Monday DH and myself have gotten up to walk in the morning. I have gotten 10,000 steps each day. Last night I was 14 steps away and already in bed. DH talked me into getting up and getting the rest of the steps in.

DD did great last week while I was gone. No issues at all. I think we might be turning the page with her anxiety.

DS gets to play in a soccer tournament with his old team. He is so excited. I am glad we were able to work it out.

I get to see my favorite nephew (I try not to have favorites but he was the first and only for a long time and my sister never wanted to settle down so he was like my first child) tonight play soccer. He plays for his college and they are playing the college in the town that I live in.

I feel like I am starting to get back on track with losing weight. Still need to make improvements but I have made some small steps.

upload_2018-10-11_7-13-53.png

This is so true for me... my favorite colors are chartreuse and October. We've got some brilliant color going on here, so pretty it makes my eyes hurt.

Yesterday I had kind of break thru, that I'm hoping will help to lift the stress level and get me back on the healthy eating road I was on. For the phase of the project that just went in, I wasn't vocal enough about the impact the tight timeline was going to have on the final product that was delivered. But yesterday we had two meetings where I did speak up - one was the lessons learned for what just went live and the other was re-evaluation of the timeline for the next phase. And it looks like the necessary adjustments are going to be made - the timeline is still tight but not impossibly tight.

No more excuses for making poor food choices, I've got to get back on track.

Glad your work schedule is starting to ease up a little. Good for you getting them to listen and make adjustments to the timeline.

Our colors are just starting to turn here in southern PA-I walk on a wooded trail and I love watching the trees change color as the weeks go by. As much as I love warm weather, I have no interest in moving somewhere where the seasons do not change.

It turned out to be a beautiful day-sunny and 50s. Fall is finally here.
I hopped on the scale this morning and was still at my 5lbs below goal weight. Here’s something I need to work on-saying “no thank you”. I got together with friends last Tuesday and not only had cake and whipped cream, but pie and ice cream! And appetizers! What was I thinking?? I came home and just drew a big X on that day in my food diary. I’m getting together with this same group next week for a couple days and I am determined to do better. They are all trim and active, by the way, so we will be walking quite a bit. I’m bringing one of the meals, so I know what I’m eating at least one of the meals. And I am practicing saying no!

upload_2018-10-15_7-24-29.png

I need to make today Day One of starting over and getting back on track.

I finally had a weekend where I could unplug from work and not feel guilty about it, which was so very badly needed. I managed to finish painting the living room (started 2 months ago) and to put up new drapes, but the rest of the house still needs attention.

On the self-care front I have appointments this week for a massage and for acupuncture, which will really help. And we're having freakishly beautiful warm sunny weather, which is a mood lifter and an inspiration to be outside.

Here's to a fabulous week for us all - stay healthy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!