F&W weekend and breakfast of champions-complete 11-3-18

I'm very late but awesome report so far. So infinitely jealous you got some kid free time in the world. You two are definitely making the most of it. Food and wine and signatures is definitely where I'd wanna spend my kid-free time!

Awesome report!! I would love to go to Food & Wine sometime. I’ll be at the world during Flower & Garden in the spring though!

Thanks for taking the time to review . Looks like a delicious time at F and W

I'm very late but awesome report so far. So infinitely jealous you got some kid free time in the world. You two are definitely making the most of it. Food and wine and signatures is definitely where I'd wanna spend my kid-free time!
We hadn't been away with out the kids since 2014 so we thought hey what the heck. Our son who is 20 is just starting to want to come away with us again- age 16-19 he had better things to do! :rotfl2:Our 16 year old twin girls come with us on all of our trips so it was kind of weird without them. But we are all going back in May for F&G. I'm thinking this adult only F&W trip might become a yearly thing! ;)

Awesome report!! I would love to go to Food & Wine sometime. I’ll be at the world during Flower & Garden in the spring though!

I love both festivals. F&G is not as crowded so that is a good thing. If you can try F&W sometime, I highly recommend it.

Thanks for taking the time to review . Looks like a delicious time at F and W

Thanks for following! I love sharing our experiences with everyone.

Last edited:

After our delicious cheese cake, we made a stop at our last booth of the weekend. :( We stopped at Hawaii and got an old time favorite, Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise and a beer. Very good as usual.

IMG_5105.jpg

We walked back to the Swan but on the way I decided I needed another drink. We stopped at Boardwalk Joes on the Boardwalk and ordered up two margaritas and a Jalapeño-Stuffed Pretzel. I love these pretzels and it was definatley needed to soak up all the alcohol that I consumed today.

IMG_5131.jpg

We eventually made it back to the Swan and rested before we went to dinner- at the same place we went our first night. Yup, back to Flying Fish!

Finally going to get this report wrapped up. For our last dinner of our weekend, we were booked at a bunch of different places that I just ended up cancelling days in advance. We had such a fantastic dinner on our first night at Flying Fish that we thought heading back there sounded great. We were not as hungry this time as we ate a lot more during the day. We did get the delicious pork belly for an appetizer. I had loved DH filet that I decided to get one for myself. DH decided he wanted to give the seafood risotto a try.

IMG_5030.jpg

IMG_5112.jpg

IMG_5111.jpg

All of our meals were delicious! DH enjoyed the risotto but did say he enjoyed the filet more. We had such a fantastic trip this weekend! I'll be back with another review after our trip in May. Thanks for joining!

I booked Flying Fish for our trip next weekend based on your pics and description of the filet! Would you say that it was as good or better than the filet at Jiko? We’re headed back there too, our favorite restaurant at Disney!

I booked Flying Fish for our trip next weekend based on your pics and description of the filet! Would you say that it was as good or better than the filet at Jiko? We’re headed back there too, our favorite restaurant at Disney!

Oh man. That’s a tough one. Jiko is our favorite restaurant too! I’ll try to explain it like this- Jikos filet is amazing but it doesn’t come as dressed up as the filet at Flying Fish. Like the FF filet being on top of the risotto- everything just goes together great and you get it all in one bite. The side dish at Jiko is completely separate. Hope I’m making sense. Both cuts of meat are fantastic. I do recall DH giving the FF filet a slight edge. But again it doesn’t make us like Jiko any less. Now we just know we’ll be going back to both restaurants in May.

Looks like an amazing last meal at Flying Fish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter