F & W Newbies

rarceneaux

Earning My Ears
After many family trips, DW and I are FINALLY getting to go sans kids! We always wanted to do F & W and somehow were able to get a room at Saratoga Springs. Having never been to the Festival, we are looking for guidance on a range of topics. DDP make sense? We WILL have a cocktail or two and I know buying from the booths isn't the best use of money. But what about snacks? We do plan on a sit down each day, so perhaps the plan that we usually get (1 TS and 1 QS/day) makes sense. Is browsing the booths an effective way to do away with lunch plans (provided we get the timing right!)? Really don't know much else on how F & W works, so any guidance is appreciated! Being from Houston, we are familiar with September weather, so I don't expect anything less than heat, humidity and potential rain. Would that be correct? (9/22 arrival).

There’s a cool app you can download called WDW Food and Wine. I had all the booths and their menus. When it opens they’ll have the prices but you can select last years menus to get an idea of the prices. You can check the items you want to try then rate them when you do. There are also maps.

We’re leaving shortly on our first F&W and first couples trip in 25 years! There is talk that you can trade a QS for three snack credits at one booth. We plan to use a TS each day then nosh around the world. There are a few cocktail I want to try!

Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks so much! Downloaded the app which is VERY helpful. This is our first couples trip in 29 years, so I share your joy! We have loved going with my daughters, but with the youngest graduating last May (now a RN at MD Anderson) and my eldest married (with our first grand baby), it's finally time for US! But we are planning a Thanksgiving 2021 (50th Anniversary) Grand Villa for all of us, which will be a blast I am certain.

Anyhow, y'all have a great trip! And thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter