Delete Thread

I somehow missed that you had started this?!

You might not want to come to Canada and order a burger than. We were always taught that ground beef MUST be cooked all the way through to kill off all the bacteria, so burgers are always cooked well done up here (they don't even ask if that's what you want). I've noticed a few places just recently will cook it more medium, but I freak out over any pink in beef at all so that's not something I'll be trying!
Yes, it is unusual to be asked in the UK, because, we are taught that if the meat has been minced, you should thoroughly cook it. A very few places are offering now, but...

I've considered Jiko before but haven't tried it yet. I think I'd get what you did!

This is Josh eating his waygu strip loin. :rotfl: Pure Bliss.
Love it!

rior to this my button wasn't getting much attention at all. I had a non official birthday button from a small shop on my purse and no one seemed to notice it. That afternoon I had started to wear a Disney button, and Josh wore one pointing to mine that said "Her birthday" (I think his was noticed more than mine). So this was my first birthday pixie dust!
I went once right before my birthday. Some days I got TONS of attention from my button and others, the attention was strictly from other guests. I got a few free desserts and at BOG dinner, free dessert ( they grey stuff before it was on any menu in any form) and a card signed by Belle and the Beast :D It's hit or miss but interesting that Josh's button got you more attention!

To drink I got the: Mt. Kilimarita
Patron XO Tequila, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, Citrus, and Cranberry Juice
Your meal at Jiko looks awesome and I am loving the drink you ordered. I am making notes as i am eating at Jiko on my arrival night. Right now I am thinking of Indugay Tibs in Brik for an appie and the Maize crusted fish with tomato butter sauce.

Prior to this my button wasn't getting much attention at all. I had a non official birthday button from a small shop on my purse and no one seemed to notice it. That afternoon I had started to wear a Disney button, and Josh wore one pointing to mine that said "Her birthday" (I think his was noticed more than mine). So this was my first birthday pixie dust!
Your birthday dessert is sweet! I had a few nice touches here and there when I wore my bday button last summer, it was fun!

Your meal at Jiko looks awesome and I am loving the drink you ordered. I am making notes as i am eating at Jiko on my arrival night. Right now I am thinking of Indugay Tibs in Brik for an appie and the Maize crusted fish with tomato butter sauce.

It was all so good! Have fun at Jiko, I think you'll love it.

Your birthday dessert is sweet! I had a few nice touches here and there when I wore my bday button last summer, it was fun!

Yes it was so nice!

Your Jiko dinner looks delicious! I was thinking of having it be our arrival night dinner when we go in August, but since I'm not sure what time we will be arriving we will play it by ear and see if we can grab a last minute reservation if its not too late

Your Jiko dinner looks delicious! I was thinking of having it be our arrival night dinner when we go in August, but since I'm not sure what time we will be arriving we will play it by ear and see if we can grab a last minute reservation if its not too late

I think you should be able to. We made ours the morning of when we found out we were switching hotels.

Looks like a great meal at Jiko, which is one of our all time favorite places. I've never tried the filet as I think I'm with you and Steakhouses like Shulas and Yachtsman likely doing it better. Josh's wagyu on the other hands looks amazing. We ate there in February and I don't recall that being on the menu or we totally would have been all over it

Looks like a great meal at Jiko, which is one of our all time favorite places. I've never tried the filet as I think I'm with you and Steakhouses like Shulas and Yachtsman likely doing it better. Josh's wagyu on the other hands looks amazing. We ate there in February and I don't recall that being on the menu or we totally would have been all over it
I'm so glad we tried it! It was definitely a good dish though and the mac and cheese was really good and interesting. I'm looking forward to trying the filet at Yachtsman on our next trip though. I hope it's there when you go next! It seems like they change up the menu frequently. I swear there was a bison dish on the menu that he almost got, but I don't even see that on there anymore.

Oh, I am so happy to see this review as I have a Boma breakfast booked on my MNSSHP day!
This section is the fried plantains, tater tots, sausage, and bacon.
Those tater tots look amazing! I will definitely be sampling those along with the bacon. Yum!

And this of course is the delightful banana bread pudding with pecan praline sauce or vanilla sauce.
So happy to see they have a vanilla sauce as I am deathly allergic to pecans. I do love bread pudding though! :)

These are the choices for what you can put in the make your own omelets.
Love all the options for the make your own omelets! It looks like I won't need to eat again for the rest of the day after enjoying breakfast at Boma!

And this of course is the delightful banana bread pudding with pecan praline sauce or vanilla sauce.
That was my favorite part of breakfast there! I used the praline sauce though. I also loved the eggs with goat cheese and chives but I love goat cheese :D

Maybe I haven't done enough buffets to make this judgement, but I would say that Boma is the best breakfast buffet.
I agree with you, although I think it's a tie between Boma and the Wave. If it wasn't for the awesome yogurt parfaits at the Wave the bread pudding would push Boma to first place but that yogurt parfait was just :cloud9:. Glad you enjoyed it!

They brought some bread for me, but I just wasn't a fan. I thought it was too sweet, and the sauce was just sickly sweet. Like syrup. :crazy2:
This bread has pomegranates right? Or maybe I'm thinking of another DR... but I don't know about pomegranates, and I love bread.

Black-Eyed Pea Fritters
Zhough, Yogurt, Peppadew Purée

These look yummy. I'll have to keep them in mind :) I'd probably never consider them without your picture. :rotfl:

nooooooo_elf-gif.248478
canteventalk_zps16de2b04.gif

:crazy2:

Wagyu Strip Loin and Braised Short Rib
Rainbow Carrots, Roasted Peruvian Potatoes, Chimichurri
I'm leaning towards this, so far. I'm such a scaredy cat with food :scared1:

South American Chocolate Ganache
Caramelized Banana, Cocoa Nib Tuile
But this is right up my alley. :thumbsup2

we got the awesome light up lotus flower popcorn bucket and a Joe Rohde print

I showed Zack the popcorn bucket in @xlsm 's report, and he was so excited. I have no idea what we'd do with it (other than Zack being determined to bring it home to display :rotfl2:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter