Eye of Round Beef Roast

bskts4bj

DIS Veteran
Ok, usually I post scrapbook questions, comments; but I've got this hunk of meat and think I want to cook it in the crock pot -- any suggestions?? Hubby's mom turned him against beef roasts in general with her cooking skills, so I need something really good.

TIA!!
Brenda

I usually sprinkle an envelope of Lipton dry onion soup mix on top of the roast, and then dump a 14 1/2 oz. can of stewed or diced tomatoes on top - cook it in the crockpot on low for about 6-8 hours. It is very moist and has a great flavor - plus it is SO simple!!

Agree with the receipe above. Crock pots are wonderful. Then I take the leftovers along with the broth and make a vegetable beef soup for the next day. :sunny:

I've been doing some shreaded BBQ beef in my crockpot lately...and it's been a HUGE hit. It does take a long time...but well worth the wait. I cook the roast in the pot...on low with some beef broth and water....then when it's nice and done...so the meat is shreading good....I'll shread it up and dump a jug of BBQ sauce in....then cook it for awhile longer...to let all the flavor soak in.....YUMMY!!!

We got a crockpot as a wedding gift and I LOVE it!

For a roast I usually put 2-3 cans of cream of mushroom soup and 3-4 cans of beef broth (low sodium), some carrots, onions, fresh parsley, and celery if you like, in with the meat and let it go 8 hours. It makes a wonderful gravy with no effort. Use enough of the soup/broth to cover the roast and of course that depends on the size of your crockpot too, ours is pretty large.

Another recipe is a packet of onion soup mix and 1/2 stick of butter cut up and let it go 10 hours. I sometimes add beef broth to that so there's more gravy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter