Eye Glasses from Sam's Club or Costco?

Keacc

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used Sam's Club or Costco for eye glasses? How was your experience? Both are over $150 cheaper for 2 pair than America's Best and Vision Works.

Last edited:
Never purchased from either of those two places, but have from BJ’s which I assume would be similar Thus far the wearers of all three pairs purchased there are totally satisfied. The first purchases were several years ago now, so I assume any issues would have surfaced by now!

Has anyone used Sam's Club or Costco for eye glasses? How was your experience? Both are over $100 cheaper than America's Best and Vision Works.

Love Costco for glasses or contacts. They also have more options than what's out. I spoke with someone the last time I needed glasses and wanted something smaller than most of what's out since I have a smaller face. She had some styles that weren't out that I could chose from. They've always been very helpful and the turn around time isn't bad my contacts sometimes come in sooner than they say.

Loved my experience with Costco. About $300 cheaper than the optical place associated with my eye doc. I have super bad eyesight so I was worried about the quality but Costco had the same types of lenses and great frames. Very happy with my Costco glasses.

Has anyone used Sam's Club or Costco for eye glasses? How was your experience? Both are over $150 cheaper for 2 pair than America's Best and Vision Works.
I personally haven’t used Costco for eye glasses but I know many who have & they have been pleased. These people opted out of employers vision plan because when they did the numbers, Costco was cheaper. I have, however, used Vision Works for my daughter. She could only find a frame she liked there but the glasses have not held up well at all. I won’t be going back there.

I purchased my glasses from Sam’s Club and they were great to work with. My dog chewed up my new glasses and I ask if they could help me and they totally replace the glasses for free. I’m getting my next glasses from them.

My sister and mother both use Costco for their eye exams and glasses. No problems.

I've gotten glasses and prescription sunglasses many times from Sam's and have been happy with the price, quality and service.

Used Americas Best and got totally screwed- Made the wrong set of glasses and expected me to pay for their mistake. Billed my insurance for the cost, and took me months to dispute the charge and have it removed. Have used Sam's Club since then. Less expensive, exam covered by my insurance, and really great service.

Have you thought about trying zenni for the price of one pair anywhere else I can get 3-4 at zenni and I have 0 complaints. None have broken and have always been my prescription. The frame I like with transitions lenses is like 42$ vs almost 200$ for what looks similar any where else. They also do bifocals... and trifocals, i ordered my parents glasses and mom did have one problem and they quickly sent her a replacement pair no problem.

Dumb question, I'm sure, but I have always just gotten my glasses and contacts through my ophthalmologist. What do you do, just ask your doctor to give you your prescription after your office visit and take it to Costco?

Dumb question, I'm sure, but I have always just gotten my glasses and contacts through my ophthalmologist. What do you do, just ask your doctor to give you your prescription after your office visit and take it to Costco?

Yes. By law, they have to give you your prescription. My eye doctor has always just given me the RX with no fuss because our vision insurance doesn't cover glasses or contacts, and he knows he can't beat prices at other places.

We've used Costco the past several years. We have VSP insurance and Costco works with them. I really like the eye doctor we have at our local store and I've thought the selection and price were great. My last appointment at a "regular" eye doctor, they wanted $750 after insurance for progressives. I almost had a heart attack!
Costco I think was about $100 for the progressives, nice frames and the anti-reflective coating for computer users.
We won't go anywhere else from now on.

My ds7 just got glasses a week ago. I need to order him a cheap backup pair. Where would be the best place to order from?

I've been using Costco for glasses for a long time now. One point of note is that they will replace your lenses one year from purchase date. I had scatched up my sun glasses pretty bad one and got new lenses replaced for free

My ds7 just got glasses a week ago. I need to order him a cheap backup pair. Where would be the best place to order from?

We have used Zenni in the past with mixed results. The hardest part is getting a frame that fits properly. Some of ours have showed up and been way too loose and just fell off our sons face. No amount of adjusting helped. I tried everything. He never used them and it ended up being $50 down the drain. Another pair for my other son came with the wrong prescription in one eye and they wanted ME to pay the return shipping to fix it, which was something like $20. Nope.

Costco often has deals where you get $40 off a second pair. They have that going right now. I'd go that route in the future.

I have used JC Penney for the last few years. They usually have a 2 for $99 deal, but I went with one pair for $59.99. This is the "cash" price, without insurance. Glasses through my HMO would be at least $150 for a basic pair, so I get my exam through them and bring my prescription to JC Penney. I am not picky on frames (don't need name brand). There was a good enough selection that went with the package. These are basic glasses, no fancy add ons; in my case, they are no line bifocals (these would be an add on at my HMO....included in the "cheap" package at JCP). In fact, I started going to JCP the first time I was prescribed bifocals, and they were less than $100 then. Since they were so much less expensive than my HMO, my reasoning was to get a pair just to see if I could even get used to bifocals, without spending a large sum of money. Have been going there ever since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter