Extreme Makeover: TAGLIARCHY Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:

I thought the chat was later so I let NC Beast play a computer game. Oops. Well, I would not been fast enough tonight to keep up. We watched some cruise shows last night on the Travel channel (not Disney cruise).

chat does move fast... had to keep up.. how have you been??

chat does move fast... had to keep up.. how have you been??

We are good. NC Beast had worked a lot of OT this week so I let him have the first pick of times on the computer. We are just relaxing today and watched tv. We are hoping for a nice vacation, but need to wait until Sis has her next ultrasound (still trying to figure out when to see the baby after he or she is born). We hope to get some airfare deals.

Eric and Dh are skiing with the boy scouts and Geoff is doing homework.. He wanted to go but had too much to do.. I am laundrying and DISing.. Tomorrow i am gonna meet some of my friends from high school for breakfast. then be the homework witch and make sure that Geoff is done with all the stuff he needs to do plus start on the term paper that is due soon..

NC Beast is trying to butter me up for more computer time. He was sorting through the kitchen shelves and trying to look busy.

We are having a very low key day today
We are staying home, and Kevin is going to make fajitas for dinner.
He already made the guacomole yesterday, and it was really hard to not dig into that last night :rolleyes: I'm really looking forward to dinner!!!!:goodvibes

BB - I"m so glad the girl made it home okay, and you're right, that was wierd!!! ::yes::

geffric - Thanks for the trip report - it looks like you had a great trip to The World!!:goodvibes

Belle - I bet you are so excited to be an Aunt:yay: Is she going to find out what sex her baby is?

Well, I'm off and running!!
Have a good day today!! :wave:

Good morning everyone -

Geffric - I am glad you had a nice trip.

NC Belle - Good luck at finding cheap prices of airfare. I have been pricing around for the possible Delaware/DC trip and have not been pleased at what I have found :(

I hope everyone is having a restful Sunday!

Sher

NC Belle - Good luck at finding cheap prices of airfare. I have been pricing around for the possible Delaware/DC trip and have not been pleased at what I have found :(

I hope everyone is having a restful Sunday!

Sher

I realized last night that we are most likely need at least an extended weekend in May (Baltimore) because we have a niece having her First Communion. I'm thinking it would be easier for us to kennel the dog and drive which could let us stay overnight in No. VA if we wanted to do DC. We have at least 3 options for Boston---2 of them have Southwest. I'm keeping my eye on the Dings and other sales.

Belle - I bet you are so excited to be an Aunt:yay: Is she going to find out what sex her baby is?

I don't know if she wants to find out, but I think her big ultrasound is either this week or next. My Dad said back when my Mom had her ultrasounds...the tech thought each pregnancy ultrasound that Mom was carrying a boy (well Sis and I are still girls---- :rotfl: ).

Hi Kids, just got home from Prescott, where I went to one of the DCL House Party events. (There were 1,000 all over the country...and one cyber space on here on the DIS, that Sher mentioned already.)

My hostess, Cheri, won one of the 4 day DCL cruises!!
:cool1: :dance3: :cool1: :dance3: :cool1: :dance3:

Needless to say, she is going to have lots of 'friends' for the next few months, till she decides when to go and who to take (Wally....I mentioned you cruise as a good option....and that she could take me if she wanted :thumbsup2 )

SAG awards tonight...got to get my muchies all ready!

It's 32 degrees here this morning - it's like a heat wave!!!! :banana:

BB - I had a very restful Sunday :) I hope you did too!!

Belle - Do you want your DSis to find out what the babies sex is? I found out with both of my girls, and I'm so glad I did :goodvibes

ibounce - I watched a little of the SAG Awards. Did you catch how Debroah Messing looked? I thought she looked spaced out, and terrible - which is a shame, because I really like her.

Well, I'm off to get ready for work
Have a good day today!!! :wave:

Needless to say, she is going to have lots of 'friends' for the next few months, till she decides when to go and who to take (Wally....I mentioned you cruise as a good option....and that she could take me if she wanted :thumbsup2 )

I'll think happy thoughts :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes for ya!

Hi Kids, just got home from Prescott, where I went to one of the DCL House Party events. (There were 1,000 all over the country...and one cyber space on here on the DIS, that Sher mentioned already.)

My hostess, Cheri, won one of the 4 day DCL cruises!!
:cool1: :dance3: :cool1: :dance3: :cool1: :dance3:

!

That is exciting. I am going to one in March. Did you win the $50 onboard credit?

I don't know if she wants to find out, but I think her big ultrasound is either this week or next. My Dad said back when my Mom had her ultrasounds...the tech thought each pregnancy ultrasound that Mom was carrying a boy (well Sis and I are still girls---- :rotfl: ).

Tell her Good luck on the ultrasound.. I think that technology has improved a bit in the last few years.. so maybe they will be accurate.. They were for my 2 boys..

Nothing new here.. lots of running with boy scouts this week..

Belle - Do you want your DSis to find out what the babies sex is? I found out with both of my girls, and I'm so glad I did :goodvibes

When my 2 current Sister-in-laws were pregnant...I had a feeling that they were carrying girls. The nephews were born before I met NC B.

My guess on my Sis....I'm thinking boy. There are not a lot of boys on our side so it would be interesting. However a princess would be fun.

Speaking of my best friend, she has been telling me for years that I have to come to her daughter's Bat Mitzvah - well the date is almost here (Oct 18th) and it turns out to be the week the girls are off for fall break. This is normally our Disneyland trip time... but we may actually go to Delaware, spending time in DC or New York instead.

My question is... what is an appropriate Bat Mitzvah gift? I have no clue. The last one I went to was my best friend's younger sister's... and my mom was the one footing the bill for the gift - in 1980. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Sher

Hi Sher.. I am not sure if you got an answer or not.. but $$$$$ is the best gift for a 13 year old. Traditionally it is $18 or $36 etc since 18 is a representation of chai or life." the letters of chai add up to 18 (see "Jewish use of the Tetragrammaton" and "Lamedvavniks"). For this reason, 18 is a lucky number in Judaism, and many Jews give gifts of money in multiples of 18 as a result.

When my 2 current Sister-in-laws were pregnant...I had a feeling that they were carrying girls. The nephews were born before I met NC B.

My guess on my Sis....I'm thinking boy. There are not a lot of boys on our side so it would be interesting. However a princess would be fun.

well let us know. when you find out..

Hi all!!

I just tried cutting something with the wrong side of a razor blade, and I cut my finger instead:eek: Ouch!!! It hurts, and it's bleeding alot. So....that tells me it's time to stop working today:rolleyes: Pretty soon I need to make the girls and I some supper, and then we leave for home at 7pm. It's been a long day, and I'll be glad to have it over.

Have a good night!! :wave:

Hi all!!

I just tried cutting something with the wrong side of a razor blade, and I cut my finger instead:eek: Ouch!!! It hurts, and it's bleeding alot. So....that tells me it's time to stop working today:rolleyes: Pretty soon I need to make the girls and I some supper, and then we leave for home at 7pm. It's been a long day, and I'll be glad to have it over.

Have a good night!! :wave:
Yikes - I hope you got it to stop bleeding. I guess your husband would probably know when to take you in if you need stitches.

geffric said:
but $$$$$ is the best gift for a 13 year old. Traditionally it is $18 or $36 etc since 18 is a representation of chai or life." the letters of chai add up to 18 (see "Jewish use of the Tetragrammaton" and "Lamedvavniks"). For this reason, 18 is a lucky number in Judaism, and many Jews give gifts of money in multiples of 18 as a result.
Thanks for the suggestion and for links. I will have to study up!

I hope everyone had a good start to the work week. It is Super Bowl week so things are super busy at work. I have to work Sunday - so I am off on Wednesday. I think I am going to spend it in a class filled with 1st graders.

Sher

Thanks BB for asking about my finger :)
In my line of work, getting cut is part of the job. In fact, me asking people if they mind getting cut, is even a part of my interview process :rotfl: Because if someone says, "yes", than this is not the job for them :sad2:

The whole thing was a stupid mistake, and it's something I haven't done in many many years. The girls were distracting me, and I just didn't think:rolleyes: Luckily, razor blade cuts usually heal really fast, because it's always a nice clean cut:rolleyes:

Hi all!!
I just tried cutting something with the wrong side of a razor blade, and I cut my finger instead:eek: Ouch!!! It hurts, and it's bleeding alot. .

The worst is the mega paper cuts from the
edge of Bainbridge Matboard :sad1: I got plenty of those in art school.
OUCH!:scared:

Hope you're better slo;)

The worst is the mega paper cuts from the
edge of Bainbridge Matboard :sad1: I got plenty of those in art school.
OUCH!:scared:

Hope you're better slo;)

I couldn't agree more!! ::yes::
Then if it's beveled (the inside hole of a cut mat), it's even worse!!!! :headache:

I am doing better - thanks!!! :goodvibes
I've received a ton of horrible cuts in my career, that I'm pretty used to them. This one made me mad though, because it was such a STUPID mistake that I haven't made since I was rookie:rolleyes:

Oh well - I won't do it again for a long while - I can guarantee it!!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter