Extra person in room but no DP

crayon3448

DIS Veteran
We have a trip planned in March for myself, DH and our 2 kids. We had planned on getting the dining plan. My mother decided she would like to join us for part of our stay, so she'll be arriving a few days after we do and only spending one day at the parks (the rest of the time will be visiting family). I had added her to the reservation when I booked because we are stay at CBR and I wanted to make sure we could get a room that holds 5 people. But I would have to get the dining plan for her too which I don't want to do since she doesn't need it.

Is there a way to go about doing this? Am I able to remove her from the reservation and add her as a "nightly guest" (I think that is what it's called) for the nights she'll be with us?

You can add her after you check in by the night.

If you have a package the only way to add her before is for her to have the same package.

Thanks for your response.

We have a room only reservation right now, we just got APs at last visit so don't need tickets. My mom is just using an old non-expiration ticket she has left over from a few years ago.

My only concern with taking her off the reservation and adding her later is:
1. would we still be guaranteed a room at CBR that holds 5 people so I can add her when we arrive?
2. she wouldn't be able to book the FP with us at 60 days out (but she could book at 30 days, correct? she's not doing any headliners, so this really isn't an issue).

My thought ... add her ... make the Fast passes ... take her off later ... then do the night by night thing.

Maybe not the most ethical way, but it’s the system you’re dealt.

If ya want/need all the same FP’s

My thought ... add her ... make the Fast passes ... take her off later ... then do the night by night thing.

Maybe not the most ethical way, but it’s the system you’re dealt.

If ya want/need all the same FP’s
As long as the person is linked as Friends/Family in the reservation holder's MDE with tickets linked then the same FPs can be made along with the other guests on the reservation at the same time. No need to add and remove the person.

We have a room only reservation right now, we just got APs at last visit so don't need tickets. My mom is just using an old non-expiration ticket she has left over from a few years ago.

1. would we still be guaranteed a room at CBR that holds 5 people so I can add her when we arrive?
2. she wouldn't be able to book the FP with us at 60 days out (but she could book at 30 days, correct? she's not doing any headliners, so this really isn't an issue).

2. Yes she can book FP+ at 60. You can include anyone, even not on your reservation, as long as they are on your MDE or connected via Friends & Family. I often will book them for friends who live in Orlando and not staying at hotel.

1. Ticketless package, I don't know how they will handle that for your situation. The problem with adding her then taking her off is if they make you get DDP you put out all that money then wait on refund, and your room isn't assigned until closer to check in so it might cost you a change fee to drop her. Maybe others can step in here with exact experience.

When I add someone I tell them at check in that we will be doing it and the dates so they are sure to be added on ME. It is usually my DS flying in later to meet me. You could call and have them note on your reservation a 5th will be joining you part way through, you could tell them at check in so that they are sure to put you in the correct room.

How are you getting to the resort? If she’s not on the reservation, she won’t be able to take DME.

This is interesting. I never knew Disney charged a nightly rate for add on guests. Last year, my mom and dad got two seperate connected rooms given at check in although their reservation was for two 1 king, 1 double room. According to my parents for 12 days that king room was empty.
Question, other than morals what would prevent a visitor to just stay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!