Extra Magic Time?

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
I notice that pretty much every day Extra Magic Time is 8:30-9:30 and the park opens at 10:00. What happens between 9:30 and 10:00? Are the rides closed then?

I notice that pretty much every day Extra Magic Time is 8:30-9:30 and the park opens at 10:00. What happens between 9:30 and 10:00? Are the rides closed then?

EMT is every day, and between 9:30 and 10:00 you can just keep going on the rides. No idea what the logic is behind saying EMT is 1 hour instead of 1,5 hours. Maybe they hope the regular guests don't show up too early?

I've read trip reports that state that they let regular guests in around 9:30, despite the official opening being 10am. Have any of you experienced that?

Thanks for asking that question... I was wondering the same thing... „what happens in those weird 30 min“ ... it is definitely a strange way to announce it. I mean it would make sense if it was labeled extra magic „hour“ but it is labeled extra magic time so it might very well be 1.5 h long...
but not everything has to make sense I guess...

I've read trip reports that state that they let regular guests in around 9:30, despite the official opening being 10am. Have any of you experienced that?

Thanks for asking that question... I was wondering the same thing... „what happens in those weird 30 min“ ... it is definitely a strange way to announce it. I mean it would make sense if it was labeled extra magic „hour“ but it is labeled extra magic time so it might very well be 1.5 h long...

When it was just Fantasyland and Discoveryland which were open during EMH, it was easy to keep the other guests at the hub, basically everyone entitled to EMH was already in one of the two lands. If you were late to EMH but entitled to have access, you could just show your ticket at the CM holding the rope and they let you in. From Fantasyland you can get to Discoveryland and vice versa.

Now that Frontierland is open, but Adventureland isn't, I'm not exactly sure what they do now. I didn't pay attention during my last visit.
Now that Big Thunder Mountain is open, and you decide to ride it somewhere after 9:30, the normal crowd is building at the entrance of the land (I think), which can get crowded, it would be hard to leave Frontierland and you cannot access Fantasyland via Adventureland as it is still closed... You would be doomed to ride Big Thunder Mountain for another 30 minutes, I guess ;-)

My current understanding from trip reports is that regular guests are just allowed in to begin full touring at 9:30. I'd welcome more info from anyone else who knows about this, though.

In WDS, all guests are in 30 minutes before park open.

In Disneyland Park, all guests are in 30 minutes before park open. Frontierland and Adventureland may remain roped until 10am (or, they may open earlier, at which point any guests is allowed to ride).

As a side note, I would not worry too much. One hour of EMT is more than enough to ride all the available attractions. If you're familiar with WDW EMH that are, most often that not, more crowded than regular hours, this is quite the opposite at DLP!

Update: Frontierland is open during EMT, now that BTM is part of the offering. Totally forgot about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter