Extra Magic Time

closetmickey

DIS Veteran
Just curious- why is there usually 1/2 hour listed in-between the end of Extra Magic Time and the park opening?

The park allows the general public in at the end of Magic Hours but only to the end of Main Street

As a hotel guest you are still allowed in the open lands

We are going in a few months and staying on site, and couldn't understand this either. But I do now :-)

They let people into the parks around 15-30 mins before official park opening.

In the studios you can go straight on rides so EMH is really only 60 minutes. I think it is the same in the main park - but only fantasyland and discoveryland are open.

They let people into the parks around 15-30 mins before official park opening.

In the studios you can go straight on rides so EMH is really only 60 minutes. I think it is the same in the main park - but only fantasyland and discoveryland are open.
So glad you mentioned that- I pictured them being let in early but held at the hub. Makes a difference when choosing how early to arrive. Thank you!

So glad you mentioned that- I pictured them being let in early but held at the hub. Makes a difference when choosing how early to arrive. Thank you!

If you are staying offsite then I would suggest arriving at least 40 mins early as large queues start to form. Sadly since the started EMH in the studios as well you aren't likely to have any shorter queues in the Studios by arriving at opening, and definitely not discoverland/fantasylad rides. Many people head to the entrance of Frontierland until they drop the rope at official park opening and then people run to Big Thunder Mountain.

If you are staying offsite then I would suggest arriving at least 40 mins early as large queues start to form. Sadly since the started EMH in the studios as well you aren't likely to have any shorter queues in the Studios by arriving at opening, and definitely not discoverland/fantasylad rides. Many people head to the entrance of Frontierland until they drop the rope at official park opening and then people run to Big Thunder Mountain.
Speaking of Big Thunder, is there a place EMH guests can wait to have quick access to Big Thunder at park opening? That, Phantom Manor, and Space Mountain will be my kids’ priorities.

Speaking of Big Thunder, is there a place EMH guests can wait to have quick access to Big Thunder at park opening? That, Phantom Manor, and Space Mountain will be my kids’ priorities.

No, there unfortunately isn't. The only access to Big Thunder Mountain is through Frontierland from the hub, or when you come from Adventureland, which isn't open either during EMH.

There is a hardly known side entrance to Frontierland ad the end of the arcade. There are hardly any people there and for some reason I've experienced two times already they delayed the rope drop of the main gate, but the side entrance did open at the correct time. Which resulted in me being the first in line for Tiana (no longer there, was during the refurbishment of the river boat) and the first in line of BTM last trip.

Don't you have to run from the side entrance? As it's a bit further away from BTM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter