Extra Magic Hours for non-resort guests??

Cdn Gal

DIS Veteran
Morning! Just wondering if anybody has any advice for me! In my party of 6, there are 4 people staying on resort property, and 2 off. They have early morning extra magic hours for 1 of the days. How does this work? They enter the park and the other 2 people wait outside until their ticket clears to go through? The last time we were there, everybody could get in ahead of time and then go into the shops on main street before the rides opened, and there was an opening show at the castle. What happens now? Thanks so much for helping me plan!

Everyone will still be allowed to get on main street around an hour before the main opening and see the opening show. Only resort guests will be allowed past the hub to the rides.

Do they have scanners at the sides then?
Yes they will scan your magic band or ticket to go into the land. You can have a place to meet the two people that are not staying on sight. Like the exit for Pooh

Do they have scanners at the sides then?

Our experience is that the CMs have little mobile scanners at walkways towards rides in the morning. When we did EMH in AK, they just asked how many in our party, and scanned one MB, but I don't know if that is policy or if they were just doing that to facilitate the crush towards FoP rope drop. When we were at an evening EMH at HS, the CMs scanned all our MBs at every ride, I guess because onsite guests could stay in the parks, but not be allowed on the rides. The morning was just at the entrance to the path, though, and nothing once we got to the rides.

Our experience is that the CMs have little mobile scanners at walkways towards rides in the morning. When we did EMH in AK, they just asked how many in our party, and scanned one MB, but I don't know if that is policy or if they were just doing that to facilitate the crush towards FoP rope drop. When we were at an evening EMH at HS, the CMs scanned all our MBs at every ride, I guess because onsite guests could stay in the parks, but not be allowed on the rides. The morning was just at the entrance to the path, though, and nothing once we got to the rides.
This is how they have done this although sometimes the CM will scan more then one person in the groups MB. If you all want to get in you can try it but just know you are breaking the rules also sometimes they check MB at the TTC been a few years since I have been at the TTC on an EMM

This is how they have done this although sometimes the CM will scan more then one person in the groups MB. If you all want to get in you can try it but just know you are breaking the rules also sometimes they check MB at the TTC been a few years since I have been at the TTC on an EMM

We were all staying onsite, so no rule breaking in our case; I was just explaining the process.

Why would they scan at the TTC? Even on non-EMH mornings, people like to get to the gates before the park opens for the first chance in. If someone wants to get there early to make sure they're through bag check, do a stroller rental, etc. by the time they park officially opens, why stop them? There are legit reasons to arrive during the EMH that don't involve trying to circumvent the on-site-only nature of EMH.

Why would they scan at the TTC?

On MK EMH mornings, Disney will frequently NOT take TTC/parking lot guests to the MK gates early,
but, instead, hold them at TTC until closer to regular hours opening time.

It reduces a clogged and confused MK gates area.

I would just plan to arrive at different times. Those on the resort can use disney internal transportation to get there early, and the off-site party can take their car later.

Are you talking about Early Morning Magic (EMM) or Extra Magic Hours (EMH) that occur in the morning?

EMM is a paid event available to resort and non-resort guests that pay for it.

EMH is available to resorts guests (and those staying at Disney Springs hotels included in this perk).

I mention this because in your OP you say "early morning extra magic hours"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter