Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question- we’re going late October & into November, so will have a couple of days of EEMH, including one at HS before we plan to go back to the hotel and nap before MNSSHP.
Are there buses going back to the hotels during these EEMH? We just want to ride the 6 HS headliners once & we MAY be done by 9am if these accounts continue.
I'm guessing you mean Slinky Dog Dash, Saucers, Toy Story Midway Mania, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, and Smugglers Run? You would have to be walking into the park at 6 am to hope to be done with all six by 9am, and hope most people headed to the opposite side of the park that you do. I can see you getting all but Smugglers run done by 9, but I'm not sure if all six are possible. But if busses are coming into the park they are surely going back to the resort to pick up more people wanting to come in. Go for it and let us hear your results, though!

I'm guessing you mean Slinky Dog Dash, Saucers, Toy Story Midway Mania, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, and Smugglers Run? You would have to be walking into the park at 6 am to hope to be done with all six by 9am, and hope most people headed to the opposite side of the park that you do. I can see you getting all but Smugglers run done by 9, but I'm not sure if all six are possible. But if busses are coming into the park they are surely going back to the resort to pick up more people wanting to come in. Go for it and let us hear your results, though!

We’ll be there for 5:30, no problem. We both get up at 4am for work/gym/walk the dogs everyday anyway so hoping to be in the first wave of people for Smuggler’s. 😊
It seems pretty possible if you judge where you are in the crowd- up front - go to Galaxy’s Edge. Towards the back? Go to TSL and come back to Galaxy’s Edge later.

We’ll be there for 5:30, no problem. We both get up at 4am for work/gym/walk the dogs everyday anyway so hoping to be in the first wave of people for Smuggler’s. 😊
It seems pretty possible if you judge where you are in the crowd- up front - go to Galaxy’s Edge. Towards the back? Go to TSL and come back to Galaxy’s Edge later.
Since 4 of the 7 rides are walkon for essentially the entirety of EEMH, and the other 3 rides are within a 5 minute walk of one another, I see no reason you couldn’t accomplish it.

We arrived at 7,did SDD, Saucers, TSMM, met Woody and Bo Peep then Jessie, mobile ordered from Woody's Lunch Box, rode ToT, and met Olaf by 915. Then we rode Star Tours, saw the Cars show and Muppets 3D before our 11:20 H&V lunch. We went back to the hotel for nap/swim break and ate dinner there before heading back at 7 for our 8pm Oga's reservations. We had plenty of time to shop, look around Galaxy's Edge, enjoy a drink at Oga's , and ride the Falcon by 9. It was a very pleasant, laid back day! And we didn't use ANY of our fast passes!

This is exactly what we hope to do (except head to MK after nap/swim)! Sounds great!

We slept in a bit and didn’t walk in the gates to HS until 7 today. We did SDD, TSM, took a snack break, Rock n Rollercoaster, TOT, another snack break, registered for Jedi Training, then we finally headed to Batuu at 8:30. Got in queue for MF at 8:40, we were off the ride and had already done a photopass by 9:05. It was so fast.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you sign up for Jedi training? Was it open when you arrived? And how late was the show you were able to sign up for? This is the thing my son is most looking forward to on our whole trip, and I don't want to mess up.

Yesterday morning my dh and I did eemh at AK. We followed the crowd at RD to FOP but the line was all the way back to the bridge and my dh is not a big line guy, so instead we turned around and headed to EE...

Walked thru the queue (posted as 5 min) and straight onto the train, front row. Then to our shock we turned around and realized we were the ONLY people on the ride at all! Rode EE in our own private train, it was amazing.

THEN, we headed back over to FOP because the posted time had gone down to 40 minutes (this was at 7:40). Got over there and the line was totally gone, posted now said 35 minutes!!! Walked and walked and didnt even get to a line until in a group line to go into preshow. Rode FOP (btw,best ride in all of Disney, I was blown away!!!) And walked off, the whole experience took 30 minutes, including riding!

Eemh definitely a success! Oh and Wednesday basically the same at MK...opened at 7am and at 8am PP only had a 5 minute wait, I was shocked.

Last edited:

If you don't mind me asking, when did you sign up for Jedi training? Was it open when you arrived? And how late was the show you were able to sign up for? This is the thing my son is most looking forward to on our whole trip, and I don't want to mess up.

It sometime between 8 and 8:30. The CM said it had been open for awhile. When we got there every show was available. They even talked my older kids into doing it because they said they needed more force sensitive youth. We picked the second show of the day. I saw the CMs holding up the signs well into the afternoon.

We head down on 9.28 and I have been checking onsite resort availability every week or so (for the past 9 months since I booked, lol). Today's check shows 11 resorts available. I'm truly hoping the wait times we're seeing now stay similar in 2 weeks.

I think 6 and 7am EEMH are doing exactly what they're supposed to - spread out crowds so everyone has a nice experience.

Also - I appreciate you posting daily time checks!

I guess it depends on your dates. There are only 8 including the campground - and most of the resorts have only one type available - for 9/27-10/1 (my dates). So I am not counting on it being low crowds.

Don’t get me wrong, I will be thrilled if it is. But I am not counting on it.

This morning I got to the park right after 6am. The initial crowd was gone and there was no waiting at the front. There were stragglers heading into both SWGE and TSL. I opted for TSL and did all the rides plus breakfast before 7am. I wandered over to SWGE and did the photo pass areas and made my way to the Falcon. It was at 25 minutes I think by 7:30am. I went through the single rider line both times in under 5 minutes. I did the Droid depot and more shopping. I was on the bus back to the hotel by 9:30 am to sleep before hitting F&W.

Friday, I got to MK just before 9am having just got in from a Red Eye. It was empty for a good hour. I rode Peter Pan, 7DMT, Pooh, Haunted Mansion and Pirates in rapid succession before I stopped for lunch. No real waits for anything. Will see if this is the same way on Sunday.

Capt Cook’s is listed as open 24/7. Hoping to hit MK EEMH tomorrow before I leave Orlando.

Does anyone know if they’re actually preparing hot food (ie Tonga Toast) before normal opening at 6:30am?

I'm here now with my Toy Story mad 6yo and 4yo. When I booked our FP+ at 60 days I was so happy to get some early SDD FP+. With all the talk of crazy crowds for SWGE I thought that would be the only way we would manage to do SDD and maybe RD if it wasn't too crazy for the kids. There's no way they'd wait over 30 minutes even for SDD. So I've been watching this thread with joy, hoping and praying that the crowds would stay low!

After all these months of planning and worrying about massive crowds we finally arrived at DHS just before 6am yesterday. No queue to get into the park or through security. There was a small crowd waiting inside, most headed to SWGE and a smaller crowd to TSL. There was only a few people waiting to head towards ToT. We headed straight to TSL, we were towards the front of the crowd and walked straight onto SDD. We then walked onto AS2 and stayed on for a 2nd ride because there was noone waiting. We then walked onto TSM and went back to SDD which was now a 5 minute wait. I had just enough time to mobile order for Woody's Lunchbox before we got on to ride.

We we able to take our time having breakfast and drinks at Woody's Lunchbox with plenty of empty tables and no pressure to beat the crowds. Jessie came by so we went to meet her before a line formed and then went on SDD for the third time. There was a posted 15 minute wait but it definitely seemed less than that. We had plans elsewhere so started to head out of the park. We did the M&G with Woody and Bo on the way out of TSL. This was the longest line we encountered, probably about 15-20 minutes. We walked out of the park at 8.10am VERY happy with how the morning went. We're heading back there this morning hoping it's the same. We have nowhere else to be today so hoping to venture into SWGE after TSL.

Went this morning TP crowd level 2/10:

Arrived at tapstiles about 6:30 am. No wait to get in. My DH who takes no part in planning lol asked if the park was open.

TS Walk on

SDD 21 minutes

ToT 25 minutes (was walk on until one elevator went down).

RnR walk through pre-show (both doors open), walk on. SR line not operating yet but also not needed.

MFSR 12 mins sIngle rider (posted SB wait of 45 minutes).

We left at 8:55 big crowds coming in. We will walk around GE another day. Just finished leisurely breakfast and chilling today until MNSSHP tonight. A very nice morning indeed.

Last edited:
This all still seems too good to be true for folks who are early risers. Our trip is still 3 weeks out and I know a lot can change between now and then but two things are certain at this moment:

People don’t like to get up that early, especially on vacation. (This is always true)

Still showing lots of resort availability on and off site during our trip period (10/5 to 10/10)

We love getting up early and lounging in the afternoon so this could end up being our best trip yet.

We will need to activate our annual passes on our first morning before EEMH at HS. Does anyone recall if there were people working at the ticket booths around 5? What time have people actually been let into the park? Thank you!

I’m hoping these numbers somewhat hold as we will be there in less than 2 weeks but I’m betting late September will be busier since it’s the latest FD was offered in this time period (which is why we booked, and I’m sure a lot of others did too...get FD as far away from summer as possible before the October rush)

What time have people actually been let into the park? Thank you!
We walked in at 5.30am ish this morning and yesterday and everyone was held just past the Starbucks (which was open) on Hollywood Boulevard. At 6am cast members started walking everyone into the park. We were held a few more minutes in the courtyard before they walked the crowd the rest of the way down to TSL.

It seemed a little busier for EEMH in TSL this morning compared to yesterday but we still did SDD x4, AS2 x1, TSM x1 and M&G with Buzz between 6am and 8am. We slowly followed the initial crowd down to TSL today. We still only waited a few minutes to get on SDD and then went round 3 more times with about 5 minutes wait each time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter