Extra Extra Magic Hour?

OneTrackMind

Mouseketeer
Has anyone tried EEMH (the extra hour at the end of some days for resort guests to go on GotG)? People were speculating how it would work with non-resort guests still in the line at closing time and how long the line would be. If you have any feedback that would be great. Thanks!

I've never heard of it just for resort guests. I've heard of a few AP special events at DCA over the years and private parties for the super rich at Disneyland but nothing just for resort guests. I would also be interested to hear from someone if something like this does happen though.

I've never heard of it just for resort guests. I've heard of a few AP special events at DCA over the years and private parties for the super rich at Disneyland but nothing just for resort guests. I would also be interested to hear from someone if something like this does happen though.

Its basically through the end of August with select hotel packages. I got the offer and it looks great but can't go at that time with everything else going on :(
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/passholder-rooms/details/

I would love to hear how well this works too! We are going next month and wondering if I want to take advantage of it or not...

Following because I'm interested in reports back. We'll be there in two weeks and am curious if it's worth it.

I am assuming this is for anyone with a reservation with any of the onsite hotels including stays in the Grand Californian Villas .

I am assuming this is for anyone with a reservation with any of the onsite hotels including stays in the Grand Californian Villas .

Yes! You have to show your room key to get on the ride after hours!

There have been updates on other threads that this is essentially using the FP line after the park closes. Does anyone have recent experience with this? Are there a lot of people using it? How many times would you likely get to ride in that hour? I'm not sure how much I will like the GotG drops but I'm pretty sure my teenagers will love the ride (despite missing the awesome theme of ToT)! Thanks!

We took advantage of Extra Extra Magic Hour last night. We entered the park through the GCH entrance just before 9:00 (we had just finished dinner at Storyteller's). We had to show our hotel key to enter. We were told to keep our key out as we would have to show it later. We walked back to GOTG and there were still a decent amount of people in the standby line.

We walked up to the FP entrance and showed our hotel keys and were waved into that line. The FP line was set up to go around to the right but wasn't very long. We did have a bit of a delay actually getting on the gantry - not sure what was up, but CMs were talking to each other and going back & forth and then the doors finally opened.

It was a nice bonus! We only rode once since we had FPs for Indy at 9:40 but there would have been time for a second ride.

We took advantage of Extra Extra Magic Hour last night. We entered the park through the GCH entrance just before 9:00 (we had just finished dinner at Storyteller's). We had to show our hotel key to enter. We were told to keep our key out as we would have to show it later. We walked back to GOTG and there were still a decent amount of people in the standby line.

We walked up to the FP entrance and showed our hotel keys and were waved into that line. The FP line was set up to go around to the right but wasn't very long. We did have a bit of a delay actually getting on the gantry - not sure what was up, but CMs were talking to each other and going back & forth and then the doors finally opened.

It was a nice bonus! We only rode once since we had FPs for Indy at 9:40 but there would have been time for a second ride.

Do you know if they'd let you through the gate after closing to do this? If DCA closes at 9 but we don't show up until 9:30, can we still get in showing our room key?

Do you know if they'd let you through the gate after closing to do this? If DCA closes at 9 but we don't show up until 9:30, can we still get in showing our room key?

I would imagine so - we came in through the hotel entrance as we'd just eaten dinner there but it's supposed to be 9:00-10:00 so they should have a spot at the front gates to go in as well.

I would imagine so - we came in through the hotel entrance as we'd just eaten dinner there but it's supposed to be 9:00-10:00 so they should have a spot at the front gates to go in as well.

Thanks to everyone for all the great information. It sounds like it is well-run and worth doing. Can't wait (at least for the sake of DH, DS and DS - I could only handle ToT twice in a row at the very most)!

Thanks to everyone for all the great information. It sounds like it is well-run and worth doing. Can't wait (at least for the sake of DH, DS and DS - I could only handle ToT twice in a row at the very most)!

We went two nights ago. Arrived about 15 min after closing but we were already in the park. Showed our room keys -- everyone needs one, unlike at EE where they only asked one person in our party for a key. Used FP line, the wait was quoted at 10 min but I'd say it was 15.

We did have time to ride again but chose to head to DL instead.

I have to say the more frequent drops played havoc with my stomach. Felt like I was a yoyo. I never had issues w tot but I had to go back to the DLH early. The ride itself was less scary but I don't think I'll be doing it again unfortunately.

It works great. Yes, everyone in your party needs their room key from any on-site DL resort. You enter through the FP line (which has emptied with the park closing). You can ride as many times as you can fit in during the hour. We were back in line for our second ride and there were still plenty of guests in the standby line. We were going to go in for a third ride but everyone agreed 3 in a row was a little much. At that point the standby line had cleared enough for them to close the door but there were still people in line inside. So in all you could ride 3 times while someone not staying at an on-site resort would have waited in line for an hour to ride once. Absolutely a great option for riding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter