Extra EMH in September question

Alice121078

Mouseketeer
So our trip has been booked for months for September, and then Star Wars gets released along with these extra EMH. We are only visiting Magic Kingdom, and we won’t be doing any coasters since we have a toddler. My question is will we really need to be at the park by its 7 AM opening to avoid major crowds?
This is so annoying. I already had our BOG breakfast booked and strategy all planned out....ugh. I’m still hoping everyone will just go to HS, but we probably won’t get that lucky.

September is usually less busy, since you are going to MK and avoiding coasters I wouldn't worry too much, just make your fast passes to what you want to do the most in July.

September is usually less busy, since you are going to MK and avoiding coasters I wouldn't worry too much, just make your fast passes to what you want to do the most in July.
Thanks. It’s for my son’s 3rd birthday, so we mainly want to do all the kiddie-friendly stuff in Fantasyland. Just so frustrating when your plans get thrown off. I’m hoping it will be ok if we get there by 8-ish. 7 would be a stretch.

Thanks. It’s for my son’s 3rd birthday, so we mainly want to do all the kiddie-friendly stuff in Fantasyland. Just so frustrating when your plans get thrown off. I’m hoping it will be ok if we get there by 8-ish. 7 would be a stretch.

Personally I would shoot for either 7:30-7:45 or 8:30. If you get there at 8ish, you'll be entering with all the offsite people and possibly be in a small crowd getting in.

Are there any MNSSHP dates during your visit? Those will be great days since a lot of visitors avoid MK due to the early close and you can get basically a whole day’s worth of attractions done(except for HEA of course).

I agree with above, even with new hours I wouldn’t stress too much; do try to get there somewhat early since the “empty” feel of the first few hours is nice. We did a similar trip last September with our kids (age 2 and 4) only focusing on MK and Epcot, no headliners. MK was magical before about 2pm each day, and it became exhausting mostly because of the heat/humidity, not due to crowds. My goal was never to wait in line more than 20min, and we mostly achieved this will exception of a few character M&Gs that don’t have FP.

I’d let go of BOG breakfast(i think it’s too overpriced anyhow), either eat something quick on the way or plan for a late breakfast/lunch at Crystal Palace to see Winnie the Pooh and Friends. Plan your FPs for must do attractions/those with longer waits(PPF, 7DMT?, Mickey M&G, buzz, speedway) starting at 10am, hit as many character meets or 2nd tier rides as possible before starting FP, and plan to do shows (Tiki, Country Bears, Philharmagic) midday when it’s hot and lines are longest. Then just keep searching for FP+ for the rest of 2nd and 3rd tier rides.

How many days will you be there?

Are there any MNSSHP dates during your visit? Those will be great days since a lot of visitors avoid MK due to the early close and you can get basically a whole day’s worth of attractions done(except for HEA of course).
This is exactly our plan - we arrive on a Saturday afternoon and are heading straight to MK to do a couple of FPs and see HEA, then the following day is a party day so we are going to get in there for EMH (keeping our BoG res at 8:20am) and do most everything else before a California Grill res at 6pm. We're going to the party ourselves on the Tuesday so hoping to squeeze in last remaining FPs before that kicks off after a morning at Typhoon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter