Extra Disney Magic

DCSWO

Extra Disney magic
During a 4-night Bahamas cruise on Dream, we experienced some wonderful extra Disney magic and I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this opportunity. I have to caveat this by saying I had a little inside help. A gentleman I worked with found out I was going on a Disney cruise and it turns out his son was a CM on Dream at the time. The gentleman told me he would let his son know what cruise we were on but he gave no guarantees of anything happening.

DW and DD met the CM while waiting for character photos and Tinkerbell gave DD quite a bit of time so we thought that might be it. On the last night of the cruise upon returning from dinner, we had a card in our door from the character manager (or similar title) stating that we had been selected for some extra Disney magic and to meet him at the art gallery at 10?pm. We didn't know what to expect, but the picture below speaks for itself.

DD character pic.jpg

Needless to say, I had "dad of the year" honors for at least a week :-) My daughter was in shock for most of it I think. Upon returning to work, I found out that the CM was a close friend of Goofy. The perfect end to a great time.

Last edited:

Just amazing -- and a beautiful picture! I've never seen so many characters in one place! Geez, we got attitude when we asked to get Mickey and Minnie together at Garden Grill years ago LOL. Kudos to Dad! What a memory.

Just amazing -- and a beautiful picture! I've never seen so many characters in one place! Geez, we got attitude when we asked to get Mickey and Minnie together at Garden Grill years ago LOL. Kudos to Dad! What a memory.

Thanks! It was just before the See Ya Real Soon party in the atrium so they were already gathered. There was a door off the art gallery, and we were standing there talking with the character manager and a few other CMs and the door opens. Mickey and Minnie come out and I was thinking, wow that is really cool! Then the characters just kept pouring out of that door and I was a bit shocked myself. I would not have expected that in a million years.

The character manager said they did it for a family each cruise which is why I posted the picture and asked if anyone else here had been "that" family. By a lucky coincidence, I had brought a white picture mat and colored sharpies to be signed by all of the characters through guest services. The perfect thing to put around this picture.

@DCSWO - "I found out that the CM was in .... " ?Is that what you told your daughter?
so actually the CM is a close friend of Goofy. People might be reading!

On the Magic they have a show called Twice Charmed - a Twist on the Cinderella story. One time on shore I was walking close by some of the main stage actors and asked them about the scene with two Cinderella's - they would only say that one was the Real Cinderella and the other was an actress made to look like her....

Disney and their employees are very conscious about the Magic of their Characters.

@DCSWO - "I found out that the CM was in .... " ?Is that what you told your daughter?
so actually the CM is a close friend of Goofy. People might be reading!

On the Magic they have a show called Twice Charmed - a Twist on the Cinderella story. One time on shore I was walking close by some of the main stage actors and asked them about the scene with two Cinderella's - they would only say that one was the Real Cinderella and the other was an actress made to look like her....

Disney and their employees are very conscious about the Magic of their Characters.

You are correct - a close friend of Goofy. I'll edit the original.

Where's Snow White? I thought she sailed on the Dream?

And Cinderella? I see her every time I'm onboard. Maybe they weren't part of that gathering that day (they were getting their beauty sleep)

And Cinderella? I see her every time I'm onboard. Maybe they weren't part of that gathering that day (they were getting their beauty sleep)
Snow White is very old and probably does need a lot of rest. Or perhaps she was hanging out with one of the dwarves?

Actually this can happen on every cruise if you are selected. Sometimes it is random and sometimes it is through someone you know.

We have had the pleasure twice.

MJ

Actually this can happen on every cruise if you are selected. Sometimes it is random and sometimes it is through someone you know.

We have had the pleasure twice.

MJ
Thanks for answering. With all the posts here I've never seen anyone mention it before - until now.

Thanks for answering. With all the posts here I've never seen anyone mention it before - until now.

You are right...it is not one of the most mentioned topics on these boards. The random invites are truly random in the sense that no one really knows what a particular CM sees in a family or child that would entice them to invite them to private character get together. One of those random Magic Disney moments.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter