Extra attractions open later at MK

la79al

DIS Veteran
I just saw a message on MDE about select attractions at MK being open until 830 tonight. Not sure of details beyond that but have never seen that message before.

We heard that announcement too...on our way to the resort to board the Tragical Express 😭 Would love to hear why if anyone has any extra information.

Because it is crowded. Reports from the parks this weekend (and judging from wait times) have indicated particularly heavy crowds.
Right, I was in MK last night and remembered seeing Peter Pan standby posted at 85 minutes or something around 9:15. I’ve just never heard of Disney extending operating hours (and paying all those extra people) just to be nice because it was crowded that day. I was wondering if maybe there was extenuating circumstances like extended downtime or maybe delayed openings at the major attractions today that could have caused a problem with FPs.

Right, I was in MK last night and remembered seeing Peter Pan standby posted at 85 minutes or something around 9:15. I’ve just never heard of Disney extending operating hours (and paying all those extra people) just to be nice because it was crowded that day. I was wondering if maybe there was extenuating circumstances like extended downtime or maybe delayed openings at the major attractions today that could have caused a problem with FPs.

While not all that common, day of park hour extensions can happen. They extended closing an hour when we were in DHS on 1/2, just as an example.

In some ways, yes, it is them being nice and quietly acknowledging they have more park hour demand than park hour supply on their hands. Probably more in it for Disney’s sake somewhere in their figures as well, I’m sure.

I'm surprised they announced it. MFSR has been allowing people to queue up about 15 minutes after park closing since RotR opened but they haven't really made any in park or app announcement about it

Crazy crowded from wait times. Wonder Why?

I was at WDW the last week of January 2 years ago & the first week of February last year. Both weeks were busy & several posters report it every time the subject comes up. I have posted our experience at the POR food court many times.... anytime we went for breakfast the food court was packed with families walking around with full trays looking for a table. This was midweek at several different times of the morning. The resort was packed & busier than I had seen in previous August trips.

Wait times were high & the parks seemed crowded. And other posters reported the same things. But our reports were brushed off as inaccurate with the excuse that Disney had played with staffing levels causing false high wait times. But the truth is we weren’t wrong. This time of year is now busy too. And yes, resorts being fully booked does mean parks will be crowded no matter how many times some posters say it doesn’t.

Last edited:
I was at WDW the last week of January 2 years ago & the first week of February last year. Both weeks were busy & several posters report it every time the subject comes up. I have posted our experience at the POR food court many times.... anytime we went for breakfast the food court was packed with families walking around with full trays looking for a table. This was midweek at several different times of the morning. The resort was packed & busier than I had seen in previous August trips.

Wait times were high & the parks seemed crowded. And other posters reported the same things. But our reports were brushed off as inaccurate with the excuse that Disney had played with staffing levels causing false high wait times. But the truth is we weren’t wrong. This time of year is now busy too. And yes, resorts being fully booked does mean parks will be crowded no matter how many times some posters say it doesn’t.
Yup , I agree , spoke to a CM this morning they said they are fully booked next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter