Express Transport Ending

That's good for you, but some of us don't trust random people over the internet. I'm actually really glad I got my confirmation because she's helping adjust the fastpass I was worried I wouldn't make :)
The more you are on here the more you learn about people. There are certain people that are very trustworthy and not just random internet people.

A CM can also lose their jobs for that, so I would just be careful saying it. (which is probably why the CMs post vanished). It sucks, but if it was doing successfully there's no reason to keep it. I have no feelings either way, other than being a tiny bit bummed if we can't experience it.

Oh boy...why would they care to can a rank and file unless there was something they said that would lead to litigation?

Not much importance on this one.

It was not advertised enough (I only knew about it because of these boards) and it was probably way too cheap for what it cost to run it (especially if most buses were running mostly empty)

It felt like a test all along and I guess the test is over.

I don't understand why they didn't advertise it more. To me it would be a way to help upsell park hoppers. Being able to skip security to hop is worth a lot.

The Minnie vans were probably its death knell. They are only used when called, they charge more, no backstage access and better gas mileage.

I don't understand why this is ending. It seemed popular. I thought it was a great add on and loved using it.
I'm going to chalk this up to poor promotion.

Look how many people are commenting in the this and the News thread that had never even heard of it. Some people are reporting mostly empty buses. I don't think enough people knew about it or understood it.

If you like to park hop, I saw true value in this one. I hardly ever say that about any "extra" they try to sell.

Look how many people are commenting in the this and the News thread that had never even heard of it. Some people are reporting mostly empty buses. I don't think enough people knew about it or understood it.

If you like to park hop, I saw true value in this one. I hardly ever say that about any "extra" they try to sell.
Disney had the flyers and such at the resorts. I guess they could have done better but I don't think all Disney add ons are exactly well advertised because they are add ons.

Oh boy...why would they care to can a rank and file unless there was something they said that would lead to litigation?

Not much importance on this one.
Someone got let go during my college program because they said the tram wouldn't be running one day... which was valid, but not announced. They'll let go whomever they want, for whatever. I saw lots of people (cps, part time and full time) let go just for posting very minor things online ‍♀️

I think it was just a test balloon to see if people would pay for transport.

It was kind of silly...only the four parks...in some strange back area that while sorta convenient...was limited.

It worked for what they wanted...which was to lay the pipe on the uber circumventing upsell.

While way more expensive...the "Minnie vans" lead to much more point to point access and higher fees...winner, winner

Someone got let go during my college program because they said the tram wouldn't be running one day... which was valid, but not announced. They'll let go whomever they want, for whatever. I saw lots of people (cps, part time and full time) let go just for posting very minor things online ‍♀️

People get tossed out of vista and Chatham left and right...they don't seem to care too much when they are 4 monthers and disney pays next to nothing for them. Knew people that got tossed the last night...literally. I had to fight to bail one out that worked for me due to an attendance infraction in the last week.

But online posting is typically ignored if you follow one basic principle: don't act like you're "in the know"...they will make examples of those that attempt to send a message. I would recommend staying quiet about operations...the info is leaked on their schedule...always.

This seems rather benign.

(Fyi...nobody who works for disney really should be acting like a secret agent online if you want to be 100% safe...they will keep the cogs in the machine inline.

I'd be fascinated how they monitor cyber now...I'm sure they like looks for twitter and instagram tags for inflammatory talk...big bro is always watching...but only acts when it's low investment and might scare the kids a little)

People get tossed out of vista and Chatham left and right...they don't seem to care too much when they are 4 monthers and disney pays next to nothing for them. Knew people that got tossed the last night...literally. I had to fight to bail one out that worked for me due to an attendance infraction in the last week.

But online posting is typically ignored if you follow one basic principle: don't act like you're "in the know"...they will make examples of those that attempt to send a message. I would recommend staying quiet about operations...the info is leaked on their schedule...always.

This seems rather benign.
Like I've said, I've just seen CMs of all kind let go for different reasons including posting online (my leaders could have also been nuts - who knows) lol.

Bummer. I used this service in May and was hoping to use it again in November. It was totally worth the extra charge to me to avoid having my personal items pawed through at security checks multiple times a day.

I don't understand why they didn't advertise it more. To me it would be a way to help upsell park hoppers. Being able to skip security to hop is worth a lot.

I totally agree! I posted this on the News thread, but I wish that they would have "bundled" it for a time - maybe even for free - with the Park Hoppers. You know, get people hooked on it, and then either charge for it OR raise the price of PHs and include it.

If I was back in the diaper bag/stroller stage, or even when my boys were younger and they all had little bags/packs and our backpack full of stuff, to know that we wouldn't have to repeatedly go through bag check at security when we wanted to hop, I would have said, "Sign me up!" But, I just don't think Disney made it a priority to really market the service.

Too bad, my parents used it in May and loved it!

I think it was promoted enough. There were the signs where you checked in, so anyone half paying attention could see it when walking by & question 'oh what's that', walk up and find out. The flyers at resorts were readily available too. Pretty sure we got the planning email(s) and it was mentioned. If people didn't know about it they just weren't paying attention in my opinion.

One thing that could have hurt it was it being park to park, and many people like to take a break back at the resort in between the parks, therefore they wouldn't use it. Me, I didn't use it because I just didn't want to spend the money on it.

Last edited:
I totally agree! I posted this on the News thread, but I wish that they would have "bundled" it for a time - maybe even for free - with the Park Hoppers. You know, get people hooked on it, and then either charge for it OR raise the price of PHs and include it.

If I was back in the diaper bag/stroller stage, or even when my boys were younger and they all had little bags/packs and our backpack full of stuff, to know that we wouldn't have to repeatedly go through bag check at security when we wanted to hop, I would have said, "Sign me up!" But, I just don't think Disney made it a priority to really market the service.
That is basically why I used it. I was going to DHS with a 4 yo and a 5mo, but we wanted to get to MK after a half day at DHS. It was amazing as we were dropped off a few feet away from my son's favorite ride (Buzz Lightyear) and the only hassle with the infant was folding up the stroller! Little walking, and on a ride within seconds of getting off the bus.

How extremely disappointing... We planned to use it heavily on our upcoming trip in September.
I can only assume this was not profitable enough to keep?

Of all the ridiculous upsells and add-ons Disney offers, this was the only one I actually saw real value in. I loved using this service and it drives me crazy Disney didn't try to advertise it more. The price always seemed too good to be true for what it offered. I really do think it would help sell park hoppers as others said. Oh well. Glad I got to use it while it was around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!