Express pass still available?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, I was reading on another sight someone who was at universal for the soft opening-they talked about the virtual que, no mention of express pass if you’re at one of the premiership resorts. Anyone know for sure that we will still get the express pass?

Hi, I was reading on another sight someone who was at universal for the soft opening-they talked about the virtual que, no mention of express pass if you’re at one of the premiership resorts. Anyone know for sure that we will still get the express pass?

Yes, hotel guests can use EP immediately. So, yes, you will absolutely get the EP to use from the hotels.

People purchasing EP can only do so from June 8th. Premier Pass holders can use their after 4pm EP from June 5th.

Thank you! Just making sure that wasn't taken away when they started with the virtual que! Staying at RP next month! I know one of your favs!

Thank you! Just making sure that wasn't taken away when they started with the virtual que! Staying at RP next month! I know one of your favs!

You’re welcome......:flower3:

Oh I hope you have a lovely time!

Yes, it’s our favourite place and definitely home away from home for us.......can’t wait to get back.....whenever that may be of course.....lol......

My family and I will be there again, Fri, Sat, and Sun, Father's Day weekend (leaving early Mon morning.) We are a group of 6 this time, and 2 rooms at RPR for Sat night would be about $800, though it would give us 2 days of express and early entry. We don't typically go in the middle of Summer due to the heat, but our Spring Break trip was cancelled, so we're keen to go while allowed. I'm really debating the express, and wondering if we'll need them if they manage to work the bugs out of VR. At first, I was thinking I wouldn't, because crowd levels would be lower. But, with social distancing and less people to a vehicle, it makes the waits longer from what I've seen in blogs. But, with social distancing, they are also letting less people in the parks - which is a point in having an onsite reservation, but not necessarily RPR, since other Uni hotels are less money and give the same benefit. Ug. I keep going back and forth, very worried about crowd levels in the middle of the Summer, which is typically high season.

I tell myself I should book, as I can always cancel. Then I tell myself that booking will help to keep the price from dropping if the hotels feel like they have enough reservations for right now (who knows what capacity they're aiming for at the moment.) All this back and forth in my head is stressing me out a little. At the same time, it's nice to have something nice to worry about with the many other issues affecting the world right now. (shrug)

We usually go at the end of August, and of course everything right now is so so different! But that being said, when we've stayed at Sapphire Falls, we would take advantage of the early entry (no express pass), hit the most popular rides first, and we would be fine. Again, though this is totally different with what's going on, but just wanted to give you my 2 cents!

Went ahead and booked for one night (the Sat before Father's Day.) I'm getting too nervous about crowds, long lines for everything, apps not working, and getting left out due to capacity limits. I forgot that kids under 18 don't count for the extra person upcharge. So the total for the 2 rooms for the one night was around $700. Now I can relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter