Express Pass and Military (MWR purchased) tickets

ashejen

Mouseketeer
It looks like I can get Universal Hollywood tickets significantly cheaper at my local MWR Ticket facility than from any other sites or ticket brokers. Is it possible to add an express pass to these tickets? If so, how do I do that? Thanks for the assistance!

I’d check with Universal’s Guest Relations. I’ve found them quite responsive.

Following! I’ve been wondering this myself! When we enter, I’m planning to go to the inside park box office to ask about upgrading to express pass. My question is if anyone knows if the upgraded amount is different than compared to doing it online. Online for our date makes the ticket doubled per person. TIA!

You can purchase Universal Express inside the park separate from your ticket.

Following! I’ve been wondering this myself! When we enter, I’m planning to go to the inside park box office to ask about upgrading to express pass. My question is if anyone knows if the upgraded amount is different than compared to doing it online. Online for our date makes the ticket doubled per person. TIA!

The in-park price for Universal Express is based on the difference in price between the 1-Day gate price and the 1-Day+Express gate price.

Depending on the date you visit the in-park upgrade price can range anywhere from $50 to $150 per person for Regular Universal Express and $80-$190 per person for Unlimited Universal Express..

Last edited:
Thanks for the posts on this - yes, I was looking at it also looks like it can double the cost of the military ticket. Yikes...but...express pass!!!

When are you planning to go? If it's not a crazy busy time of year, Express Pass is often not necessary and it's best to wait and see if you really want it once you get there. You can add it at any time and several times I've seen them offering 1/2 price in the afternoon.

When are you planning to go? If it's not a crazy busy time of year, Express Pass is often not necessary and it's best to wait and see if you really want it once you get there. You can add it at any time and several times I've seen them offering 1/2 price in the afternoon.
Thanks for your reply! :littleangel:

Thank you! Still playing around with the timing - I like visiting during low seasons and during the week. :-)

Express Pass is definitely not necessary at USH. Last time I went was a Saturday in August and we rode everything and were done in under 6 hours. We rode FJ numerous times using single rider, and some other rides also have it.

Went on Tuesday and had a blast. we Decided not to inquire about upgrading to the express pass. We were 1st in line for the gate and front of line for rope drop. It was an awesome day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter