Explorng the Resorts

Joseph Vogt

Earning My Ears
We are on a limited budget this trip. We are only going for 3 days and 1 day at park. The 2 days not at the park we were thinking about exploring one of the resort areas and then maybe grabbing dinner. Any thoughts on what would be best are to walk around?

TIA

I've done that many times. I enjoyed my trip to Pop Century, and especially reading all the signs of what happened when.
I also enjoyed my day at Fort Wilderness.

It's worth considering the Boardwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club areas. There are plenty of eateries and fun things to see / do. If you want a sit-down meal, I suggest reservations. You could even ride the friendship boats around Crescent Lake. I forgot to include the Swan/ Dolphin in that area as well. Boats would take you to Yacht Club, Hollywood Studios, Swan/ Dolphin and Boardwalk. You could ride the Skyliner from that area to Caribbean Beach and/or AOA and PopCentury. That should fill a day! :boat::drinking1

The Skyliner is down for maintenance at the moment, so if this trip is soon, that will not be available. Some of it is supposed to be back up on the 21st.

Probably depends on where you are staying, personal preference, if you have a car and what you like doing at the various resorts. Some like to take the monorail to get from Epcot areas hotels to the MK loop places. Others think that is too long of a ride. If you have a car and an ADR, you can got to various places. If you arrive via Disney transportation, you won't have to deal with the whole parking thing.

Id do the MK resorts: start at TTC, take monorail and visit the Poly, GF and contemporary. Maybe take blue flag boat over to FW and spend some time there. Return to Poly in the evening for fireworks on the beach. Or do the Epcot/skyliner resorts, checking out AoA, Pop, Riv and CB snd the boardwalk area resorts. We visit our favorite resorts each trip and it usually ends up being one of my favorite days.

I love checking out resorts. During christmas time, Grand Floridian and Boulder Ridge has really nice decorations for example

We are on a limited budget this trip. We are only going for 3 days and 1 day at park. The 2 days not at the park we were thinking about exploring one of the resort areas and then maybe grabbing dinner. Any thoughts on what would be best are to walk around?

TIA
Exploring the resorts is a lot of fun. The "best" area to walk around? I don't think there is a "best" area. The resorts are so different.

The AoA/POP area is really fun - very "Disney".
I sure love the Port Orleans area. One of my favorite things in all of The World is the boat on the Sassagoula River.
You can easily see three of the "Deluxe" resorts on the Monorail loop.

I just can't say which is the best area - too difficult, sorry.

Some like to take the monorail to get from Epcot areas hotels to the MK loop places.
Keep in mind, you need a valid park ticket to get to the Epcot monorail from the Epcot/Crescent Lake hotels. The monorail is at the (front) Main entrance of Epcot, while Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, are all at the (back) International Gateway entrance.
OP asked for advice on a day without park tickets. It's not possible to do what you suggest without a park ticket.

We love exploring other resorts, especially when visiting at Christmas. We also have a 'monorail night' where we sightsee, shop, dine, snack etc at the 3 resorts on the monorail loop. Another must for us is AKL, WL and any at the Boardwalk. On our last visit we used the Skyliner from Epcot to the Riviera for a look around and to experience this new mode of transport.

Part of why I asked about having a car and where they are staying. One loop of the monorail runs from the TTC to the front of Epcot. You wouldn't need a park ticket to board the monorail at that location. Unless I missed something, I don't recall the OP indiating where they are staying.

You can go to HS, take Skyliner assuming it’s not down like it’s is now for maintenance to CBR then take Pop/AoA look around those resorts, reverse the trip to CBR , take Epcot line explore riviera then go to Epcot IG explore the Crescent lake area and return back to HS via boat or walking.

Ft Wilderness could be cool for exploring if you like horses.

I think the monorail resorts would be fun and a full day with so many options for lunch and dinner. And snacks. And drinks.
Then you can go to WL as well if you have time.
I love to just walk around the whole resort and see what it’s really like. Outside and then inside as well. Look at the lobbies, shops, restaurants and walking paths and whatever else is unique to each resort.
And bring or buy a resort mug to get drinks as you go!

What is your meal budget?

For higher end, I would go to Flying Fish at Boardwalk or Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

For a table service, either Steakhouse 71 at Contemporary or Sanaa at AKL.

For something cheaper, I would go to Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge.

I could spend a whole day roaming around AKL. Both Jambo and Kidani buildings are beautiful with lots of art and other things to enjoy. Many outdoor places to roam and many places to sit and watch the animals. Food at the resort is wonderful too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter