expiration date extended for current ticket holders

Sabine W.

Mouseketeer
I apologize if someone else has already posted about this. I happened to check my tickets in MDE yesterday (purchased for a March trip) and saw that the expiration date on them has been extended from December 15, 2020 to September 26, 2021.

Thanks for posting this. I just checked my niece's ticket and it has been extended until Sept. 26, 2021 as well!

Where does one see the ticket date(s)?
Mine are “Stars and Stripes” Length of stay, could that be why I don’t see any dates listed?
All I see is a reassign ticket drop down TIA

I apologize if someone else has already posted about this. I happened to check my tickets in MDE yesterday (purchased for a March trip) and saw that the expiration date on them has been extended from December 15, 2020 to September 26, 2021.
Where do you find the expiration date for the tickets on MDE?

Go to My Plans in MDE (On desktop) then right at the top where you start to see your plans you will see a blue tab labeled “Tickets and Memory Maker” that will show you all your tickets and the expiration date is right below description of ticket

On app open MDE click three bars in the bottom right corner then click “Tickets and Passes” and you will see all your tickets and the expiration date is again below the description

Yes, mine just changed too. I bought Date specific 5-day tickets from UT for first week of August and now they are showing the 9/26/21 expiration.

Ours haven't changed either for early Sept trip, 5 day base tickets purchased through Disney as part of a package with 6 night resort stay (moderate category). Occassionally keep checking on them in MDE, but so far still say valid through 09/14/20

Mine have changed as well to the September 26, 2021 date (originally Canadian Promotion tickets date specific for September 5-13 and 6-15, 2020). I would love an official statement from WDW on this. If I knew the expiry was correct and not going to be changed back in the future, I would cancel and rebook my current September ASM reservation for next year without hesitation.

I feel a lot of people would probably rebook now if there was a statement on extending the ticket expiry dates. I don't get why they haven't mentioned something yet. I would think it would help WDW keep numbers low right now. As it is, I'm keeping my reservation booked until I hear something official. I would hate to rebook now and have them pull the rug out from under and return the expiry to this year.

when are they going to do this for APs?
I believe (from what I've read), that options for AP extensions will start coming out to AP holders soon - where they'll decide if they want a refund or extension. Now that 7/11/20 appears to be the restart date on the APs, they can move forward with extending. Sounds like if you take the extension, it will be the number of days since March 16 (when they closed), less any applicable blackout dates (for folks with APs like the Gold ones). I read if an AP holder does nothing, the default is extending the pass expiration.

nope, no expiration date under tickets and memory maker on a desktop. On the app just a valid date which has not changed.

Mine have changed as well to the September 26, 2021 date (originally Canadian Promotion tickets date specific for September 5-13 and 6-15, 2020). I would love an official statement from WDW on this. If I knew the expiry was correct and not going to be changed back in the future, I would cancel and rebook my current September ASM reservation for next year without hesitation.

We're in this boat too. Our original dates had us in FLA this week. We punted to August when things first broke, and now are pushing everything to June of next year. I just want to make sure our little single day tickets will be valid when we show up in June of 2021.

Ours also changed. I noticed this a few days ago. I was glad because to change dates was going to cost more money due to the discount we had and the raise in prices. Now we can use them for any 9 days before Sept 26 next year.

I cannot see an expiration date anywhere other than the original must be used within 7 days of first use. Does it have anything to do with how the tickets were purchased? Ours are part of our now gone free Dining package.

Ours have been extended to 9-26-21 and are still listed as park hoppers. Wonder what things will be like next summer? Will park hoppers come back?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!