Experts please help All-star Music ?'s

dalepool

<font color=#000080>Member of Poopie's AK mini-mee
I'm looking for all the expert advice I can get on the All-star Music---rooms, buildings, bus, food court, even parking areas. I'm trying to get "back " a reservation I gave up a few days ago---so all experts get me up to speed on this resort.

Even if you have only stayed there once--you are an expert compared to me.

Thanks in advance

PattyN

PS. I'll be saving enough money to pay for tution for my daughters winter quarter at college. So price really is a factor.

I stay at ASMu whenever I go to Orlando for business which is about 3 x a year. I will try to give you my preferences at ASMu. First of all, for the money it is a steal, as are all value resorts, my employer loves it, I get cheaper rates at ASMu than I can get in the hotel where the seminar is held!!!
My favorite buildings are of course Calypso but I do not think it is worth the extra $ for the very short distance you save from there to Jazz Inn buildings. Definitely go for a room in Jazz Inn, it is a very short walk from the main pool, food court, bus stop, etc. If you can't get Jazz Inn section then Rock Inn or Broadway sections are about the same distance with Country Faire being the farthest buildings and even they are at most a 8 minute walk from the main hub of the resort.
The food court is very good and very reasonably priced. My favorite items are the Mickey waffles for breakfast--these are great! and the cheesesteaks, cheeseburgers, and chicken fingers for lunch/dinner. They also have a nice selection of dessert items, ice cream, etc.
The buses at the value resorts are just as good as the deluxe resort buses. Where I have seen the MAJOR difference in buses between the value and deluxe resort buses is at park closings after the night shows Spectro, Illuminations & Fantasmic. The value resorts and the moderate resorts always have LONG lines at park closing because all guests, except those with cars need the bus to get back to their resort. The deluxe reorts have different means of transport back to their resorts depending on whether they are a MK or Epcot/MGM resort, so this makes a big difference. When I am staying at a value or moderate resort, at park closing after the night show, I hang out in the stores, people watch, get a snack in one of the candy stores, etc. It is a lot more pleasant to be in the parks than in a cattle line at the bus stop. Disney runs the buses continously until the parks are empty.
For adults both pools are just fine. Actually the piano pool has less people and they always have music playing but there is no pool bar so if you want drinks and snacks you have to go up to the main pool/pool bar/food court.
Parking is in the rear of the buildings and they way the buildings are one parking area runs into the other. You have to see which parking lot section is closest to your room and then just park there and take a short walk to your hallway/elevator. I have never had a problem getting a parking spot in the ASMu parking lots.
Have a good time!

Thank You DeeP---I'm beginning to feel like I'm picking the right resort for sure. I was starting to feel a little unesay---your post really makes me glad I picked the Music.

Thanks again--PattyN

I've had both my mother, and my aunt stay at All-Star Music... both were quite happy there. As for Transportation... while staying there, we always took the busses. (Yes, I practice what I preach!). All-Star busses will always run more frequently than any other resort, for the sole reason of traffic demands. The longest I've ever waited was for an All-Star bus to Epcot, and that was 8 minutes 21 seconds. (Yes, I do time it) Most other times have been less than 5 minutes.

At the end of a day during the park exit, yes, there will be long lines... that's what happens when you have 5,000 people all headed back to one location. However, Disney meets this demand by sending mass amounts of busses to the All-Star load zones, often times double loading. (loading 2 busses at once).

I LOVE ASMu! My last trip to WDW was for 10 nights. We stayed the first five in ASMu then moved on over to ASM because everyone raves about it's theme. My daughters were wishing that we had stayed at the ASMu for the entire trip and I must admit that I too enjoyed it more. I know that many others prefer the ASM but I'd take the ASMu over it any day.

I don't know just how tight your budget is, but to allow us to stay at WDW for 10 nights, we had to cut a few corners part of the time. One thing that we did was take snacks and we bought a laof of bread for our morning toast. Each of the food courts have a toaster and microwave so pack popcorn for a quick snack :)

I agree about the Jazz bldg. The sight that you get in the mornings when you are walking up the midwalk towards the main bldg is so pretty. I've stayed at the ASMu on two occasions. Both trips I took a picture of the sight from the rose garden towards the large Star. You get the pool in the picture and I was lucky enough to even get a rainbow in one of the pictures. VERY PRETTY!

Have a wonderful trip and you'll enjoy the ASMu.
Gerri

My 8th stay at ASMu will be in a week and a half. The others have given good building information let me see what I can add.
The 3rd floor seems to be the best. The plumbing is a little noisy really it can be loud. Log here but light sleepers may sometimes have problems.
I never take a room past Broadway walking in the parks is enough.
When doing EMH (extra magic hour) or EE as in the old days ASMU is a resort where I can leave my room walk to the food court have a large breakfast and be at the bus stop in 20 minutes.
The food court is best done off hours during normal times better bring ear plugs since its just a big box.
Pizza delivery is OK not the best but far from the worst. I don’t like a lot of sauce and a more crispy crust which they mod very well.
I always drive to WDW but once there use on site transportation exclusively.
The bar is called is called Singing Spirits and they usually have a few specials daily. The seats are outside and the serving area looks sort of what I would call a "Creamy Whip" ice cream stand.
At a good AP rate ASMu fits the bill for everything I need.
Where ever you choose hope its a great stay.
RussH

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
All-Star busses will always run more frequently than any other resort, for the sole reason of traffic demands.

Hey Chip 'n Dale, does this also apply to the value season? I'm considering heading down next fall and am looking in to staying at the All-Stars, most particular ASM. Thanks in advance for the info.

Steven

Originally posted by BostonTigger
Hey Chip 'n Dale, does this also apply to the value season?

Disney Transport does adjust dispatch times to the current demand, and busses will run more frequently during busy times. Even during off seasons, the All-Stars are always busy, and as such, transportation will still be typically more frequent than most other resorts.

I just want to add, I have taken a lot of ASMu buses and I have never waited more than 10-15 minutes for a bus except at park closings and even that was tops 20 minutes. They do bring in double buses and move an incredible amount of people in a very short timespan at closings. It is amazing to watch. I find the WDW transportation system very well run and I think a lot of major cities transportation systems could take lessons from them!

Originally posted by DeeP
I just want to add, I have taken a lot of ASMu buses and I have never waited more than 10-15 minutes for a bus except at park closings and even that was tops 20 minutes. They do bring in double buses and move an incredible amount of people in a very short timespan at closings. It is amazing to watch. I find the WDW transportation system very well run and I think a lot of major cities transportation systems could take lessons from them!

They do, actually! We've had several transit agencies come down and study us... they all wonder How do we move so many people in such a short amount of time. (The answer of course is with lots of Pixxie dust)

Hey Chip'n Dale, I have a question for you, and as a former CM I can understand if you can't answer-this may be a sticky situation. I had heard, and even noticed on my last trip, that there seemed to be a huge problem with transportation. To be more specific, you had to go to a keyosk and enter in the number of people that you were traveling with and then wait for a bus. I had heard that there were instances where people almost got into fights trying to get on busses after waiting long periods of time for a bus to show up. What was with all that? Did they eventually abandon that plan? PM me if you like.

Steven

Originally posted by BostonTigger
I had heard, and even noticed on my last trip, that there seemed to be a huge problem with transportation. To be more specific, you had to go to a keyosk and enter in the number of people that you were traveling with and then wait for a bus. I had heard that there were instances where people almost got into fights trying to get on busses after waiting long periods of time for a bus to show up. What was with all that? Did they eventually abandon that plan? PM me if you like.

I have never heard of, or seen any form of a kiosk like you describe... however, the first day of Magic On Demand, we did encounter some physically abusive guests when our Palm Pilots went down...

I will write more... but for now... I must head off to work!

Thanks to all------I apperciate your time in responding to my question.

First let me preface ------ money really isn't an issue ---but why pay more if you don't need it? Side note----Bill Gates used to fly coach--said he got there the same time as First class and as long as he had his computer with him---he didn't mind saving a few dollars.....

Sounds like transportation is very quick-----Chipanddaleexpress thanks for all your help----I'm looking forward to "finding " you.

I like the idea of having access to a microwave for pop corn---and a toaster for toast---( I'm not a big breakfast eater)

I plan on calling the resort before I leave and request a room as close to food court and bus stop as possible---but for sure I will request a room on the top floor.

PattyN

Great thread for us budget travelers!
I've stayed at ASSP and ASMO, next trip tp WDW in February to stay at ASMU. The info here has really helped, especially since I've been seeing some negative opinions about ASMU.
Thanks a bunch!

I have one complaint about ASMu....it's not here in the Panhandle as neither is Disney!! GEEZ!! What was Walt thinking putting Disneyworld in central FL??? :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter